ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Lamar Jackson wasn't, isn't, and never will be better than Patrick Mahomes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=328152)

ToxSocks 01-16-2020 09:58 AM

I didn't realize this even needed to be said, or that that's an actual conversation occurring. I've never heard it

chiefzilla1501 01-16-2020 10:01 AM

Mahomes is miles better than mahomes. But lamar is a pretty damn good short term solution for the right system that consistently executes the system. Thankfully the world saw what happens when that system falls apart so the hype can end.... He needs a great defense and great running game to make it work for him. But that doesn't mean he isn't a dynamic player who gives their team a really good shot at winning big games.

-King- 01-16-2020 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14727208)
I didn't realize this even needed to be said, or that that's an actual conversation occurring. I've never heard it

This. OP just wasted paragraphs arguing against a boogeyman.

-King- 01-16-2020 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14727215)
Mahomes is miles better than mahomes. But lamar is a pretty damn good short term solution for the right system that consistently executes the system. Thankfully the world saw what happens when that system falls apart so the hype can end.... He needs a great defense and great running game to make it work for him. But that doesn't mean he isn't a dynamic player who gives their team a really good shot at winning big games.

Pretty sure Mahomes is just as good as Mahomes.

ThaVirus 01-16-2020 10:04 AM

Lamar needs to learn to pass effectively from the pocket. This entire offseason should be him forcing himself to remain in the pocket and throw accurate passes.

chiefzilla1501 01-16-2020 10:05 AM

The Watson hype I don't get as much. Reminds me of McNabb. He's solid and better than what most have. But he's not an elite runner, not an elite passer. Frankly think he's propped up by elite receivers.

The other guy I think is overhyped, and I know this is controversial, is Russell Wilson. I'd love it if he was our qb. But there's something about putting a glorified game manager in an elite category.

sedated 01-16-2020 10:06 AM

What's with the insecurity over Lamar Jackson?

He had a great season and is fun to watch. People liking to watch him play isn't a dig on Mahomes (who gets plenty of love btw)

-King- 01-16-2020 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14727224)
The Watson hype I don't get as much. Reminds me of McNabb. He's solid and better than what most have. But he's not an elite runner, not an elite passer. Frankly think he's propped up by elite receivers.

The other guy I think is overhyped, and I know this is controversial, is Russell Wilson. I'd love it if he was our qb. But there's something about putting a glorified game manager in an elite category.

Russell used to be a game manager but now he's a handcuffed QB. If Pete would just let him be elite from the beginning of the game, they'd have another title by now. But he insists on running the ball and being down at half time until they're forced to throw and Russell Wilson can save him in the 3rd and 4th quarter. Just look at the Seahawks/Packers game this weekend.

But yeah he used to be a big game manager in the years they went/won the Superbowl. It annoys me that he threw 4 picks in a playoff game and won. Alex smith would have won the Superbowl if he was with the Seahawks those years.

ToxSocks 01-16-2020 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14727235)
Russell used to be a game manager but now he's a handcuffed QB. If Pete would just let him be elite from the beginning of the game, they'd have another title by now. But he insists on running the ball and being down at half time until they're forced to throw and Russell Wilson can save him in the 3rd and 4th quarter. Just look at the Seahawks/Packers game this weekend.

But yeah he used to be a big game manager in the years they went/won the Superbowl. It annoys me that he threw 4 picks in a playoff game and won. Alex smith would have won the Superbowl if he was with the Seahawks those years.

That's the thing, he "use to be" a game manager. I don't know how you could watch Wilson now and call him a game manager. He throws one of the best balls in the game and is the same type of Qb as Rodgers and Mahomes. He's been quite more than a game manager for awhile now.

-King- 01-16-2020 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14727242)
That's the thing, he "use to be" a game manager. I don't know how you could watch Wilson now and call him a game manager. He throws one of the best balls in the game and is the same type of Qb as Rodgers and Mahomes. He's been quite more than a game manager for awhile now.

Yeah I can't imagine how good he'd truly be if he had a coach like Reid instead of Carroll.

chiefzilla1501 01-16-2020 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14727242)

He throws maybe the prettiest deep ball in the game. But in between those plays are a million checkdowns to his TE and RB, or plays where he holds on to the ball a million seconds because like Alex Smith hes very conservative. Unlike Alex Smith, he has the talent to explode when the team needs him. Hes one of the better game managers out there and that can win super bowls but in between the highlight reels he's a really conservative qb.

ThaVirus 01-16-2020 10:22 AM

People don't realize Wilson threw 26 TDs his rookie year, more than Andrew Luck. Russ was already peak-game manager and a better player than Alex Smith from the moment he came into the league.

He hasn't been a game manager for years now, either. That roster is lowkey trash and has been for quite a bit.

PutQuinnIn 01-16-2020 10:23 AM

Mark Castle threw a tighter spiral than Lamar...

Wallcrawler 01-16-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14727208)

Welcome to near the end of the Nfl season. Good to see youve come out from under the rock youve been living under.

It may come as a shock to you, but ever since Lamar Jackson laid waste to the hapless Dolphins in week 1,there has been an ongoing conversation of whos better between the two quarterbacks.

LITERALLY ALL ****ING SEASON, THIS CONVERSATION HAS BEEN TAKING PLACE.

Who would you rather have the next 10 years.

Who is more electrifying.

Which guy do you want with the game on the line.

Numerous comparisons of the two qbs all season as if anyone without complete shit for brains woud choose Lamar over Mahomes.

Welcome to the topic. Not sure if youve just been hitting your pipe too hard all season, or if youre just being intentionally obtuse.

-King- 01-16-2020 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14727275)
Welcome to near the end of the Nfl season. Good to see youve come out from under the rock youve been living under.

It may come as a shock to you, but ever since Lamar Jackson laid waste to the hapless Dolphins in week 1,there has been an ongoing conversation of whos better between the two quarterbacks.

LITERALLY ALL ****ING SEASON, THIS CONVERSATION HAS BEEN TAKING PLACE.

Who would you rather have the next 10 years.

Who is more electrifying.

Which guy do you want with the game on the line.

Numerous comparisons of the two qbs all season as if anyone without complete shit for brains woud choose Lamar over Mahomes.

Welcome to the topic. Not sure if youve just been hitting your pipe too hard all season, or if youre just being intentionally obtuse.

Whoa...people talked about the MVP front runner and compared him to the previous years MVP? Inconceivable!