ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Will Andy Ever Win The Big One? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320895)

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-25-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 14073198)
I don't know that Andy knows what to do to win the Super Bowl or he would have done it by now.

Donovan McNabb was his best QB before Mahommes... Please.

kysirsoze 01-25-2019 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 14073198)
I don't know that Andy knows what to do to win the Super Bowl or he would have done it by now.

Have a top flight QB. That's the biggest thing. He never had that till this year and he was a coin flip away from getting his shot, losing to the greatest QB/coach combo of all time. He'll get there barring injury to Mahomes or health issues for himself.

stevieray 01-25-2019 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14073100)
Hey, don't 'understand' JUST LISTEN. . .

my wife busted out laughing...

BigRedChief 01-25-2019 06:44 PM

WTF? You post a thread asking a question and then you have no poll? Thread fail

AND it’s a yahoo sports article.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-25-2019 06:48 PM

Yes.

This loss in the AFCCG makes us stronger by A) getting Sutton out of here and allowing us to get the defense back up to a respectable overall ranking, and B) lighting a supreme fire under the ass of ownership. Prior to that game, the Chiefs being a true and legitimate threat to take it all AND dominate the conference was an abstract notion to Clark Hunt. That is no longer the case.

As to Reid, he is getting older and I believe he knows the clock is ticking and that he will be more open to suggestions and directions which will help him achieve his ultimate goal. And I believe Clark will have a hand in steering him in these new directions.

MTG#10 01-25-2019 06:51 PM

Yes, he will win multiple unless he decides to retire within the next few years.

TLO 01-25-2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 14073252)
Yes, he will win multiple unless he decides to retire within the next few years.

I don't foresee him retiring until Mahomes is gone.

Wallcrawler 01-25-2019 07:03 PM

If we get the Spagnuolo that held the previously undefeated patriots with Randy Moss to 14 points in the superbowl, the odds are good.

If we get the dumpster fire from the rams/saints/giants, a lot will have to go Andys way.

Mahomes has to overcome Reids pant shitting on gameday. If he ONLY has to overcome that, and not a terrible defense as well, we have a shot.

But when you got a guy calling timeout when the other team is content with 7 going into half, because he thinks his D, that cant stop a high school team is now out of the ****ing blue, gonna get a stop and he just ends up gifting them another touchdown....its tough to win big games when your coach is constantly blasting brown barbecue down both legs.

You have the football. Down 3. Just over 2 minutes left when you enter the redzone. No clock is run, no timeouts are forced. You score to go up 4 with 203 left on the clock and the worst d on the planet to try to hold it.

You can't constantly shit your pants in big games in regard to situational football. Not even Mahomes can overcome all that stupidity by himself.

If Spagnuolo gets us to top 15 defense, we have a good shot. Anything less, better start praying.

PHOG 01-25-2019 07:05 PM

Of coarse. :thumb:

FloridaMan88 01-25-2019 07:13 PM

Honestly I have doubts after Sunday's game.

Putting aside the situation on defense, Andy Reid's supposed offensive genius choked in the first half of the Faketriots game with 0 points/32 total yards.

Yes Andy adjusted in the second half, but that first half was brutal.

notorious 01-25-2019 07:13 PM

His teams, particularly the Chiefs teams, have been soft.

New England physically dominated them, and if not for Brady choking this would have been a double digit ass whooping.

But hey, keep up that false hope!

I really like Andy, and he wins a lot of games, but I have no illusions of what he is.

007 01-25-2019 07:38 PM

Wouldn't shock me if he didn't.

Why Not? 01-25-2019 07:39 PM

If this list doesn’t motivate him, nothing will. You’re Andy Reid and you’re on a top ten coaching list of any kind with John Fox and Marvin Lewis?

Yikes.

JakeF 01-25-2019 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14073175)
Reid is no different than Dungy, Cowher, Shanahan or Vermeil.

He has his franchise QB, and now he will win it all.

And he's a better coach than any of those guys ever were.

Then why didn't he win a super with McNabb? People always talk about how good he was.

FAX 01-25-2019 07:52 PM

Yes.

FAX