ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Whitlock: "I disagree TonyG, there's no breaks on this bus". (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317564)

Mecca 09-19-2018 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13745021)
How do you figure we'll work in his $15 million cap number?

Isn't that his number for next year?

Even if it's his number right now you just go to Berry and ask him to be a pal since he keeps missing games...they have several guys they could ask to restructure actually.

Mother****erJones 09-19-2018 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13745021)
How do you figure we'll work in his $15 million cap number?

He can call Elway and ask him how to do so. Teams can do a lot to make cap room.

TEX 09-19-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13744982)
Tony G. Doesn't deserve HOF consideration.

:eek:

Couch-Potato 09-19-2018 08:20 AM

Should we build Mahomes a Dome?

Rasputin 09-19-2018 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 13745139)

No why should we?

**** that play outdoors like men.

DRM08 09-19-2018 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 13745139)

Hell yes. :D

Beef Supreme 09-19-2018 08:52 AM

As recently as last week, Whitlock was still saying we should have kept Alex Smith and Mahomes was a mirage. He was still all in on Deshaun Watson. And Tony G was hyping Mahomes.

scho63 09-19-2018 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 13744921)
All this hype makes me nervous.

I completely agree.

If the Chiefs sleepwalk on Sunday, which I doubt, they could suffer an upset. ANYONE can beat anyone on any given Sunday in the NFL.

They gotta stay focused and not read into the hype.....:shake:

Dayze 09-19-2018 08:59 AM

I don't think it's in Pat's makeup to believe/absorb the hype. Dude is a grinder who has a set standards for himself that would be astronomical for most of us by comparison.

His dad strikes me as the type that has ingrained in him that success is never permanent and failure is not the end all be all. Gotta do the work, work harder than everyone etc and let everything out on the field at that point. Dude has that mentality of keep firing. Mistakes aren't going to make him gun-shy like it would for most QBs.

Kid is special.

Rasputin 09-19-2018 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 13745214)
I completely agree.

If the Chiefs sleepwalk on Sunday, which I doubt, they could suffer an upset. ANYONE can beat anyone on any given Sunday in the NFL.

They gotta stay focused and not read into the hype.....:shake:

These guys practice with Mahomes they believe in the hype as they are living testimony to what Mahomes brings to the game.

I don't see hype being an issue but they will embrace and have fun with it and with that comes Swag.

Rasputin 09-19-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13745232)
I don't think it's in Pat's makeup to believe/absorb the hype. Dude is a grinder who has a set standards for himself that would be astronomical for most of us by comparison.

His dad strikes me as the type that has ingrained in him that success is never permanent and failure is not the end all be all. Gotta do the work, work harder than everyone etc and let everything out on the field at that point. Dude has that mentality of keep firing. Mistakes aren't going to make him gun-shy like it would for most QBs.

Kid is special.

Every bit of this well said Dayze

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-19-2018 09:11 AM

This is the most unique situation where ALL the stars have aligned. I mean everything!
Coaching
Weapons
Talent at QB
And the rules change to where you can't hit the QB and you can't lower the helmet and take out receivers anymore

htismaqe 09-19-2018 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13745259)
And the rules change to where you can't hit the QB and you can't lower the helmet and take out receivers anymore

Those rules only apply to certain teams.

stumppy 09-19-2018 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13745259)
This is the most unique situation where ALL the stars have aligned. I mean everything!
Coaching
Weapons
Talent at QB

Not everything. That star that represents the defense hasn't lined up just yet. It's coming but not yet.
Things might be....MIGHT be good enough to carry us all the way.

Get this defense up to par and then ALL the stars will be lined up.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-19-2018 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 13745278)
Not everything. That star that represents the defense hasn't lined up just yet. It's coming but not yet.
Things might be....MIGHT be good enough to carry us all the way.

Get this defense up to par and then ALL the stars will be lined up.

Well yeah, but I should have clarified I was referring to us getting out franchise QB in place