ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Sleep Paralysis (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315458)

Fire Me Boy! 05-20-2018 12:22 PM

Am I the only person who loves nightmares? They’re the best scary movies ever.

Bugeater 05-20-2018 12:31 PM

It is extremely scary. I've had it happen here and there throughout my life, but about 10 years ago it all of sudden started happening to me almost every night. After a week or so of this going on, I did figure out what was causing it. I was on Hydrocodone at the time because of a pinched nerve in my neck, and it was happening whenever I took one of them right before I went to bed. Once I stopped doing that, it went away thankfully.

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-20-2018 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13563060)

I actually love having nightmares. Just last night my truck plunged into a river and I was upside down and couldn't get the electric windows to roll down. I reached for my buck knife I keep on my hip and then I woke up.

But yeah I've had those moments when you are kinda waking up , in twilight zone, and seem conscious but can't friggin move or have the sensation of someone holding you down.

Dante84 05-20-2018 01:07 PM

I’ve had that, and it is scary.

Can’t yell, can’t move, and even the swallow reflex doesn’t work so for a moment you feel like you’re going to drown in your own saliva. It’s not frozen out of fear, but it’s more like you just can’t get your body to work and that’s the terrifying part.

Chieficus 05-20-2018 01:07 PM

Yes. Used to terrify me, but as I've gotten older, I've learned to understand them and to know my triggers--like falling asleep with my fingers locked together--which has helped me to avoid them. Last one I had, I was able to mentally talk myself through it until I could move.

They're never fun.

JakeF 05-20-2018 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 13563116)
I’ve had that, and it is scary.

Can’t yell, can’t move, and even the swallow reflex doesn’t work so for a moment you feel like you’re going to drown in your own saliva. It’s not frozen out of fear, but it’s more like you just can’t get your body to work and that’s the terrifying part.

Yikes. :eek:

Rasputin 05-20-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13563060)

I don't care for feel like falling out of a plain or cliff and suddenly wake up

JD10367 05-20-2018 01:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Can't even shout.
Can't even cry.
The Gentlemen are coming by.
Looking in windows,
knocking on doors...
They need to take seven
and they might take yours...
Can't call to mom.
Can't say a word.
You're gonna die screaming
but you won't be heard.

-King- 05-20-2018 01:53 PM

It used to happen so often that I got used to it. I would coach myself through it as it happened.
Posted via Mobile Device

OKchiefs 05-20-2018 02:23 PM

I have them on occasion. I feel like I have to have a big exertion of force to wake myself out of it, so I have to push myself really hard to wake up. I always wake up sweating and in a terror. I don't really recall actually seeing anyone or anything in particular in these episodes that is threatening, but just the thought of not being able to move is terrifying.

Jewish Rabbi 05-20-2018 02:49 PM

Used to happen all the time when I would fall asleep on my old couch. Scary as hell until I figured out what was going on, then I’d realize what was happening and be able to go back to “normal” sleep. I was acutely aware of what was happening around me, if a baseball game was on TV I would know exactly what happened when I was “asleep.”

Thank god it really hasn’t happened since I’ve gotten a new couch.

Ming the Merciless 05-20-2018 02:58 PM

That happens to me when i take head from a lady

I freeze up at the moment i blow my load

I try to scream but nothing comes out

BWillie 05-20-2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13562909)
Has anyone suffered from this? Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't move and I tried to yell but nothing came out. It was the most terrifying experience of my life.

Aliens, brah. It was aliens. Hope your anal probe was fun.

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-20-2018 06:47 PM

do you think its an evil plot by God because he knows we have morning wood and wants us to keep our hands OFF.

R8RFAN 05-20-2018 07:15 PM

This scared me
https://i.imgur.com/OUcU2HR.jpg