ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Time to Blow It Up (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312972)

Red Dawg 01-06-2018 10:15 PM

Houston is damaged. I am all in on trading him. Won't happen buy wouldn't be mad. This off season should be all about Mahomes being protected and having playmakers. Not bums like Wilson and Hattis.

redshirt32 01-06-2018 11:12 PM

We gave up the farm for PM, agree time to move on.
Gut the D and Sutton add a true WO and a 2nd TE who can catch a pass.
OL and DL is key.
LB has been a problem forever and a 2nd CB worth a shit.
To many holes to fill
Sutton should be gone time clean house.

bevischief 01-06-2018 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redshirt32 (Post 13340266)
We gave up the farm for PM, agree time to move on.
Gut the D and Sutton add a true WO and a 2nd TE who can catch a pass.
OL and DL is key.
LB has been a problem forever and a 2nd CB worth a shit.
To many holes to fill
Sutton should be gone time clean house.

This is a start.

Easy 6 01-07-2018 01:45 PM

Like everyone else, I'm all in on a D rebuild, and we'll see that happen no doubt... but if they let Sutton stick around, it will all be for nothing

And my honest to God gut feeling is that he isnt going anywhere...

frozenchief 01-07-2018 01:56 PM

Even Teacher, one of the biggest homers there is in the press, says it might be time to move from Andy:

http://www.espn.com/blog/afcwest/pos...ayoff-collapse

If it is obvious enough for Teacher then it should be obvious enough for Hunt.

NWTF 01-07-2018 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenchief (Post 13342558)
Even Teacher, one of the biggest homers there is in the press, says it might be time to move from Andy:

http://www.espn.com/blog/afcwest/pos...ayoff-collapse

If it is obvious enough for Teacher then it should be obvious enough for Hunt.

Andy is the cats meow to Clark. Clark wanted Andy Reid before Andy Reid was ever available. The thing is Andy may be delivering everything Clark desires in a HC. Clark's all about stability and regular season relevancy.

lcarus 01-07-2018 02:29 PM

I like Mahomes, Hill, Hunt, Kelce, Jones, Ragland, Berry, Peters. And Butker is fine. That's 4 players on each side of the ball and a kicker. Get brand new coaches that aren't mouth-breathing reeruns and 14 guys off the street that give a shit and let's go.

hitchief 01-07-2018 02:36 PM

They started this process when the moved up and traded the picks for Patrick last year.

Writing was on the wall as far as the D was concerned and they did almost nothing to address it in the offseason.

They will be good on O if they can get a mauler at LG or C.

D is a 2-3 year deal so get ready for more of the same going forward.

GordonGekko 01-07-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13342696)
I like Mahomes, Hill, Hunt, Kelce, Jones, Ragland, Berry, Peters. And Butker is fine. That's 4 players on each side of the ball and a kicker. Get brand new coaches that aren't mouth-breathing reeruns and 14 guys off the street that give a shit and let's go.

Give the Chiefs a Ryan or a Brees and we win that game yesterday and would seriously go challenge New England. It's remarkably how close the Chiefs are to being really good, we just have not had that premiere QB since Dawson and would you look at that we haven't won a championship since him either. I wonder if there is a correlation?

The band-aid era of QBs in KC is over, but to completely blow up a team and potentially miss the playoffs for a decade is stupid. Look at all of the NFL teams who continually struggle just to make the playoffs, and then they make the playoffs for one year and are then ousted for like another 5 years. The Chiefs continually making the playoffs is a great block to build from, to go all the way to scratch and be in the Browns situation would be an absolute nightmare.

Demonpenz 01-07-2018 02:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
v

Coogs 01-07-2018 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 13342772)
Give the Chiefs a Ryan or a Brees and we win that game yesterday and would seriously go challenge New England. It's remarkably how close the Chiefs are to being really good, we just have not had that premiere QB since Dawson and would you look at that we haven't won a championship since him either. I wonder if there is a correlation?

The band-aid era of QBs in KC is over, but to completely blow up a team and potentially miss the playoffs for a decade is stupid. Look at all of the NFL teams who continually struggle just to make the playoffs, and then they make the playoffs for one year and are then ousted for like another 5 years. The Chiefs continually making the playoffs is a great block to build from, to go all the way to scratch and be in the Browns situation would be an absolute nightmare.

:clap:

New scheme on defense with a few additions. Change at QB on offense. Let's roll!

Eleazar 01-07-2018 02:49 PM

How can anybody have watched the Chiefs the last two years field one of the worst defenses in the league and think we're just a player or two away?

JakeF 01-07-2018 02:51 PM

I'm not sure it matters since we are keeping Andy Reid. He isn't going to fire any coaches so we will continue to have the same problems going forward.

Coogs 01-07-2018 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13342797)
How can anybody have watched the Chiefs the last two years field one of the worst defenses in the league and think we're just a player or two away?

A couple equals 2.

A few is more than 2, and not necessarily capped at 3.

Chiefshrink 01-07-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 13342772)
Give the Chiefs a Ryan or a Brees and we win that game yesterday

Nah, not with Andy's play calling in the 2nd half. But I get your point.