ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Sound bars. Thoughts? Recommendations? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310273)

DJ's left nut 09-22-2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13096596)
It's so totally worth it, man. I have presets for the following:

1. Powering up the Direct TV receiver, Soundbar & TV
2. Powering up the Roku 4, Soundbar & TV
3. Powering up a Sony BluRay Player, Soundbar and TV

It automatically changes the inputs, so there's only one button to press. It makes it easy going between devices, too.

I will say, it's a bit of a bitch to set up, which requires a software download, plugging it into a USB port and the exact model number for each device.

But once it's setup, it's freakin' great. No more messing around with 4 or 5 remotes.

Yeah, my FIL has one and the 3 day long setup process is why I've just kinda gone with "**** it, I have 3 labradors and a pre-schooler; 'disheveled' is the look I'm going for in the family room these days..."

DaneMcCloud 09-22-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13096603)
Yeah, my FIL has one and the 3 day long setup process is why I've just kinda gone with "**** it, I have 3 labradors and a pre-schooler; 'disheveled' is the look I'm going for in the family room these days..."

Whoa, 3 days? Mine took 45 minutes, most of it researching the model numbers.

patteeu 09-22-2017 02:10 PM

I have a Sonos soundbar with two Sonos surround speakers and they sound good to my ear, but I'm no audiophile. They're pricey, but they're pretty slick.

Pitt Gorilla 09-22-2017 02:14 PM

We've had a Sony Soundbar for years and have loved it.

Frazod 09-22-2017 02:23 PM

We've had a couple of Vizio soundbars for years. The one in the living room is getting a little twitchy - I think there's a signal that interferes with it originating in another unit, because it will sometimes start randomly switching input sources. Either that or my house is haunted by a ghost who really enjoys annoying my wife. But other than that, they're fine.

DJ's left nut 09-22-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13096629)
We've had a couple of Vizio soundbars for years. The one in the living room is getting a little twitchy - I think there's a signal that interferes with it originating in another unit, because it will sometimes start randomly switching input sources. Either that or my house is haunted by a ghost who really enjoys annoying my wife. But other than that, they're fine.

I'd pay extra for technology that irritated my wife.

If she's going to try to start conversations about work with me while I'm trying to watch Rick and Morty, the very least she can put up with is some static when she's trying to watch This is Us...

The Franchise 09-22-2017 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13096652)

If she's going to try to start conversations about work with me while I'm trying to watch Rick and Morty, the very least she can put up with is some static when she's trying to watch This is Us...

I can't even watch Rick and Morty around my wife. All I hear is...."this is stupid"...or "why are you watching that?".

So when she's watching This is Us....I ask her why that chick is so fat.....or why that dude is always crying.

O.city 09-22-2017 03:09 PM

We've got a Vizio. Def worth it.

The Franchise 09-22-2017 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13096681)
We've got a Vizio. Def worth it.

Ok....we got it. You don't have to be a condescending asshole about it. Jesus.

O.city 09-22-2017 03:22 PM

It's my nature.

DJ's left nut 09-22-2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13096673)
I can't even watch Rick and Morty around my wife. All I hear is...."this is stupid"...or "why are you watching that?".

So when she's watching This is Us....I ask her why that chick is so fat.....or why that dude is always crying.

My wife hates it. Absolutely hates it. She loves Archer and even kinda likes You're the Worst. But she thinks Rick and Morty is the goddamn dumbest thing she's ever seen.

I have no idea how she couldn't even get into the Purge Planet or Microverse Battery episodes. Those weren't even that complicated and funny as hell.

I've watched This is Us with us for a few minutes and just start naming off soap opera tropes and shit for random characters until she throws me out.

"That one has cancer, right?"
"No, shutup."
"What about that one? Or is he gay and has AIDS?"
"No! Nobody has AIDS".
"Okay, so he's just gay. So who has the mysterious rich relative?"
"Yes, he's gay. And the rich....God Dammit, just go downstairs...."

Frazod 09-22-2017 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13096652)

LMAO

srvy 09-22-2017 04:14 PM

This one doesnt look to bad and adorama ive had good luck with for camera and other gear. I use a home entertainment system 7.1 so I have no input on the sound bars but many people go this route since they dont put much into these tv speakers so they can get them thinner.

https://www.adorama.com/pkaam6914a.h...ce=rflaid62905

BucEyedPea 09-22-2017 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13096358)
Does it make a huge difference in the sound quality? I don't want to go spend the money if it's just going to make it louder but not a better quality.

I think they sound better. I tried the Samsung at BestBuy and thought the sound was dramatically better. They have different systems set up so you can experience them. I plan on buying it after trying that one since my Smart TV is a Samsung. I would think Bose would be even better.

lewdog 09-22-2017 08:58 PM

Tell your kids to shut the **** up and the TV will appear louder.