ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Reggie Bush to be Stripped of Heisman Trophy (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=233069)

JohninGpt 09-07-2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 6983688)
But yet OJ gets to keep his???

OJ didn't murder anyone that season.

Stinger 09-07-2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 6983691)
Damn. Like he never existed. It's laughable now, but 20 or 30 years from now, nobody will know anything about him. That's just weird...

Can they list him as an alumni with a Super Bowl ring?

DaKCMan AP 09-07-2010 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 6983644)
Pointless. Everyone knows he won it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 6983658)
Lol who cares? He won it fair and square. Taking money under the table didn't make him run any faster or juke quicker

There has to be some consequence for his actions.

Frazod 09-07-2010 09:55 AM

I wonder if they'll actually try to take/get him to return the trophy he was given.

Personally, I'd tell them to kiss my ass.

Bugeater 09-07-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 6983691)
Damn. Like he never existed. It's laughable now, but 20 or 30 years from now, nobody will know anything about him. That's just weird...

That's just the university's records, I'm sure he'll still be listed in any independent record books, probably with an asterisk by his name.

Bugeater 09-07-2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 6983699)
There has to be some consequence for his actions.

Oh, I agree, there should be, but the truth is there's not really a whole hell of a lot the NCAA can do to him personally. He's no longer under their jurisdiction.

Skyy God 09-07-2010 10:16 AM

Yeah, but they can't take away the memories of banging Kim Kardashian, or the chick he's with now, or any of the quality ass he pulled.

You hear that, NCAA.

Shogun 09-07-2010 10:17 AM

If they don't strip Woodson's Heisman the award is a sham. Woodson testified under penalty of perjury in court that he took benefits from an agent during his college career. Investigation over, he was not in compliance with NCAA rules. Therefore, he must be stripped of the Heisman.

milkman 09-07-2010 10:18 AM

This is all a freakin' joke.

It's sad that kids that had nothing to do with infractions of previous players, or coaching staffs, are the ones that suffer the consequences of those actions.

The Downtown Athletic Club is stripping Bush of his Heisman.

Yeah, that's a real punishment.

Saccopoo 09-07-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 6983677)
I agree. His violations had nothing to do with his on field performance.

Actually, they did. Because his violations made him ineligible. If he was ineligible, his on-the-field performances don't count. If his on-the-field performances don't count, then there is nothing to base the Heisman Trophy on. If there is nothing to base the awarding of the Heisman Trophy on, then the awarding of the Heisman Trophy is invalidated. See how that works?

They guy cheated, whether it was off-the-field cheating or not. He cheated. He got caught. His senior season no longer exists. Including the Heisman.

Bane 09-07-2010 10:32 AM

Millionaire SB champion football player,banging hollywood babes left and right minus a trophy....Hmmmmmmmm.Big ****ing deal.
Posted via Mobile Device

jspchief 09-07-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 6983770)
Actually, they did. Because his violations made him ineligible. If he was ineligible, his on-the-field performances don't count. If his on-the-field performances don't count, then there is nothing to base the Heisman Trophy on. If there is nothing to base the awarding of the Heisman Trophy on, then the awarding of the Heisman Trophy is invalidated. See how that works?

They guy cheated, whether it was off-the-field cheating or not. He cheated. He got caught. His senior season no longer exists. Including the Heisman.

Of course they still count. He still helped his team win. He still helped his team get to the title game. He still helped return USC to greatness. He still gave football fans exciting play to watch. He won the Heisman for what he did on the field, not for his dedication to NCAA off field rules.

An eraser doesn't change any of that.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter. These awards aren't what make college football what it is. The guys out there on the field are.

Demonpenz 09-07-2010 10:44 AM

unfortunately they can't erase his pitch in that texas game.

J Diddy 09-07-2010 10:47 AM

I like stripped bush.

Stewie 09-07-2010 10:50 AM

Heh! JoPo's take on the subject from Twitter.

JPosnanski
Yay! Heisman strips Reggie Bush! Now there will be zero Heisman winners who accepted cash or gifts. It will be pure again!