ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About Last Night's Game: Week 11 LA 54 KC 51 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318984)

ToxSocks 11-20-2018 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 13906497)
Nice write up. Don't blame you a bit for waiting until morning to let things settle.

I find that this is what's best. Don't post much after a loss...hell, some losses i even give a few days. Let the emotion simmer down. Especially if you've been drinking.

Wife asked me last night if the loss was bothering me. It honestly wasn't. I was just exhausted from the thrill ride. Felt tired immediately after the game. I'm sure the beer had something to do with it.

cooper barrett 11-20-2018 11:42 AM

I have spent many a C Note on the hill and visit there anytime I can when visiting.

The write up was great.

Comments I am hearing in INDY was Mahomes seemed to be getting "cocky" and some of it came back to haunt him. IMHO this game along with the Pat's game will mold his play in later years.

cooper barrett 11-20-2018 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13906486)
Mahomes had his “worst” game and still threw 6 TD’s/400+ yards and finished with a 117 QB rating.

Alex11 numbers... IJS

TwistedChief 11-20-2018 11:56 AM

Great write up as always, George.

I was actually thinking about something you wrote a few weeks ago in your 10 Things that most might think is obvious: that the feeling of winning a Super Bowl is the pinnacle for a football fan. And when I read your statement, I first just glanced over and accepted it, but as I reflected on it more, I concluded that the feeling of winning an AFC Championship game and having the two weeks of excitement, build up, and hype leading up to the Super Bowl would be more satisfying than actually winning it. I remember when my college basketball team won back-to-back titles, it gave me about 8 seconds of joy and then I got back to real life.

But this morning, I realized the pinnacle for me is something entirely different. Just as I felt after the Patriots game, I left the Coliseum last night feeling relaxed and completely at peace. And for me, losses like those two usually take a real emotional toll, but the difference here is just the overwhelming optimism and supreme confidence I have in the future of this team. Can you imagine how many Mahomes moments we're going to jump up and down and scream about over the next decade? So for me, being able to absorb a loss like last night with a smile on my face the entire time is a feeling I've never encountered in sports before. And it's glorious. And it's probably the best I've ever felt as a sports fan in a very odd way when I sum it all up.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

KC Dan 11-20-2018 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 13906561)
Great write up as always, George.

I was actually thinking about something you wrote a few weeks ago in your 10 Things that most might think is obvious: that the feeling of winning a Super Bowl is the pinnacle for a football fan. And when I read your statement, I first just glanced over and accepted it, but as I reflected on it more, I concluded that the feeling of winning an AFC Championship game and having the two weeks of excitement, build up, and hype leading up to the Super Bowl would be more satisfying than actually winning it. I remember when my college basketball team won back-to-back titles, it gave me about 8 seconds of joy and then I got back to real life.

But this morning, I realized the pinnacle for me is something entirely different. Just as I felt after the Patriots game, I left the Coliseum last night feeling relaxed and completely at peace. And for me, losses like those two usually take a real emotional toll, but the difference here is just the overwhelming optimism and supreme confidence I have in the future of this team. Can you imagine how many Mahomes moments we're going to jump up and down and scream about over the next decade? So for me, being able to absorb a loss like last night with a smile on my face the entire time is a feeling I've never encountered in sports before. And it's glorious. And it's probably the best I've ever felt as a sports fan in a very odd way when I sum it all up.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Beautiful post! FTW!!!!!

wheeler08 11-20-2018 12:31 PM

Best write up I think you’ve done. I also yelled false start on that Goff rushing TD. Big miss by officials. I think you’re right about Mahomes needing the bye, he has gotten beat up the last two weeks. He needs to study tape and get back to controlling ball better. He’s gotten very Favre like here lately. But how he’s played lately is what we expected out of him all year. He’s basically a rookie that should have more INTs than touchdowns, so he’s been pretty awesome but I think he’s the kinda guy that’s going to be hard on himself to do better and hopefully he cleans it up

Dream playoff scenario I call the revenge tour. Beat Colts at home, that’s if they make it, they are one of the hottest teams of late even though they aren’t playing good teams, kinda like Chargers. Anyway, beat them and then beat the Patriots at home for trip to Super Bowl to beat the Rams this time. That would be great. You can sub colts for Steelers or Titans, and that would be fine too!

Pasta Little Brioni 11-20-2018 12:34 PM

Mahomes is basically like some dude going through a create a player season in Madden. Crazy...

ptlyon 11-20-2018 12:42 PM

Nice writeup George! Happy Thanksgiving!

Don't know where else to put it, so I'll put it here. The NE loss I was OK with. This one however, pissed me the **** off. And I don't know why. I went to sleep pissed off and woke up pissed off. It wasn't until I did some reading on the game until I cooled down. I read what Mahomes said after the game. Took it all on himself like a man. What a great kid. We will have him leading this team for a long time, baring something tragic, because Chiefs. I guess that's what calmed me. I went into this year with zero expectations. I guess I have steered away from that and need to get back to it. This defense sucks and we had just better get used to it because it's not going change, this year. We may win one in the playoffs, but won't be sniffing the SB, not with this defense. I'll just see if I can get back to no expectations and try to enjoy the ride here on out.

scho63 11-20-2018 12:58 PM

Have a great Turkey Day GB and thanks for the deep thoughts! :clap:

cabletech94 11-20-2018 01:03 PM

well worth the wait mr. blowfish!!

i will admit that i was nervous when no 10 things showed up. i was pretty amped up following the conclusion of the game. hopefully this is a stepping stone to what could be a fantastic end of the season and start of the soup bowl run.

man, i'd hate to be a raiders fan in 2 weeks. they're gonna get a curb stompin'.
happy thanksgiving good sir. best of wishes to the family and kittys!!!!

10/10. would read again.

tooge 11-20-2018 01:11 PM

Good job George. I guess I didn't think of it that way, but had Butker made the missed extra point, then a field goal would have won it at the end. If that was the case, Andy probably has a different offensive game call on that drive, including lots of quick dink and dunk stuff and the chiefs probably win. Weird game. Great game though

otherstar 11-20-2018 01:13 PM

Happy Thanksgiving, and if you'd have told me at the beginning that going into the bye we'd only have two losses, I would have laughed. For that, I'm also thankful!

T-post Tom 11-20-2018 01:25 PM

If I may be so bold:

11. Thank you Titans for beating the Pats. :clap:

Demonpenz 11-20-2018 01:35 PM

Meesh Meesh had his roughest day being a cat since yesterday

Al Czervik 11-20-2018 01:41 PM

Great read George....

You and yours have a very Happy Thanksgiving....

May your mom RIP!!!