ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert Wilson (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329075)

Easy 6 02-06-2020 03:25 PM

If we lose Watkins, I’d much rather get a good sized youngish vet familiar with the WCO... we’ll need to replace Sammys athleticism and RAC ability, not go get another gadget midget IMO

staylor26 02-06-2020 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14782235)
Wilson isn't a fit in this offense any more. He was better in a dink-dunk Alex Smith offense. He was never a great deep ball guy and often gator arm'd passes that were slightly outside his frame.

I don't think he's a match here anymore based on what we do, what Veach says he looks for, and what Wilson has done historically.

I disagree. Just look at the one game he had with Pat if you believe this. He’s a better fit than Conley and Robinson, and he’s more explosive than those guys as well.

Urc Burry 02-06-2020 03:27 PM

Conley got a 2 year 4 mil deal. Why are we acting like he made bank on the open market? Wilson definitely got overpaid. But I would like to keep Robinson at a reasonable price if we are to lose Watkins

Hoover 02-06-2020 03:30 PM

They can save 9.5 M by dropping him, so he's gone.

I would think we could sign him for Pennies on the dollar. For a couple million, sure, why not.

Reerun_KC 02-06-2020 03:31 PM

Should we give him a super bowl ring also?

Hoover 02-06-2020 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 14782253)
Conley got a 2 year 4 mil deal. Why are we acting like he made bank on the open market? Wilson definitely got overpaid. But I would like to keep Robinson at a reasonable price if we are to lose Watkins

It was a three year 24M deal.

Chief Northman 02-06-2020 03:32 PM

If you think Watkins was a brokedick, I have some news for you regarding Bert.....

BossChief 02-06-2020 03:33 PM

Quote:

Wilson isn't a fit in this offense any more. He was better in a dink-dunk Alex Smith offense. He was never a great deep ball guy and often gator arm'd passes that were slightly outside his frame.

I don't think he's a match here anymore based on what we do, what Veach says he looks for, and what Wilson has done historically.

He was dealing with shoulder injuries.

I’d take him back on a 2/5

Rain Man 02-06-2020 03:34 PM

Quote:

In fairness, we have Patrick Mahomes II. There won't be passes slightly outside his frame with Patrick Mahomes II.

But yeah, I think we've moved beyond Albert Wilson. No need to bring in a veteran at that position when you can find young, fast guys in the draft.

Eleazar 02-06-2020 03:35 PM

If they look to free agency we'll be able to find someone who wants to come in and win a ring, and they'll be a lot better than Albert Wilson.

Rain Man 02-06-2020 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 14782275)
If they look to free agency we'll be able to find someone who wants to come in and win a ring, and they'll be a lot better than Albert Wilson.

"Hey, Suggs. Give Fitzgerald a call, okay?"

scho63 02-06-2020 03:40 PM

I wanna keep Robinson if Watkins asks crazy money

staylor26 02-06-2020 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14782271)
In fairness, we have Patrick Mahomes II. There won't be passes slightly outside his frame with Patrick Mahomes II.

But yeah, I think we've moved beyond Albert Wilson. No need to bring in a veteran at that position when you can find young, fast guys in the draft.

But you can’t just have Tyreek, Hardman, and a bunch of rookies and former UDFA’s (which is what we have outside of those guys). What happens if Tyreek goes down?

You need a proven vet as well. This isn’t an either/or thing.

staylor26 02-06-2020 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 14782275)

Ok who? Let’s see some examples.

Hint:

There aren’t exactly a ton of options there.

DTHOF 02-06-2020 03:45 PM

Don't we also have Kemp under contract or at least a ERFA? He was coming on from what I hear until he blew his ACL in the preseason.