ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (Part 2) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287124)

Easy 6 12-27-2016 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 12643671)
I like Negan as well. Shane I think was the best character, not my favorite but the best. Don't get the Negan character hate either.

Considering this years ratings and the opinions here, I guess we're in the minority... but yeah, its hard to understand

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 12644417)
I don't hate him either, just feel he's missing that characteristics that support the whole "invincible" aura he carries. The comic purists are going to probably be the ones carrying the banner on this front.

I'm assuming the show will eventually give us some backstory on how Negan came to power, but I'm not sure what you're looking for to establish that aura... some people are just naturally charismatic leaders that people tend to coalesce around

They dont have to be the biggest or the smartest, just charismatic and ruthless... I'll give you a living example, Sonny Barger of the Hells Angels

Any number of other Angels could surely kick his ass, and are more intelligent... but Sonny just has that certain something

ChiefsCountry 12-27-2016 01:32 PM

I like Negan as well. Ratings fell because they went on a long 5 part backstory episodes that didn't feature Rick and main group.

Easy 6 12-27-2016 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 12644815)
I like Negan as well. Ratings fell because they went on a long 5 part backstory episodes that didn't feature Rick and main group.

Wouldnt disagree with that at all

Sure-Oz 12-27-2016 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12644824)
Wouldnt disagree with that at all

Agree with this and possibly the deaths in episode 1 and brutality turned off some viewers

Easy 6 12-28-2016 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12645080)
Agree with this and possibly the deaths in episode 1 and brutality turned off some viewers

The brutality of episode one was definitely part of it, I'm sure you seen the headlines from various sources after that show... "WE'RE OUTRAGED"

Those people should stop watching the show, because somewhere along the way they've confused TWD world with "Lost" or some kind of Gilligans Island family fare

As you well know, more than me because you're hip to the comics... its about the end of the world and how humanity fights its way through, of course things get ugly... all of these diaper babies worried about the violence should tune into Greys Anatomy on sunday nights, lol

Sure-Oz 12-28-2016 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12645789)
The brutality of episode one was definitely part of it, I'm sure you seen the headlines from various sources after that show... "WE'RE OUTRAGED"

Those people should stop watching the show, because somewhere along the way they've confused TWD world with "Lost" or some kind of Gilligans Island family fare

As you well know, more than me because you're hip to the comics... its about the end of the world and how humanity fights its way through, of course things get ugly... all of these diaper babies worried about the violence should tune into Greys Anatomy on sunday nights, lol

Exactly...I'm expect the 2nd half to be more action and moving fwd story wise which seems to be the formula for them. Excited to see what's next.

arrowheadnation 12-28-2016 10:39 PM

Spoiler!

KC_Lee 12-29-2016 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 12646949)
Spoiler!

Yeah, I think you are right...see spoilers.

Spoiler!

KC_Lee 02-10-2017 11:33 PM

A reminder that the show is back this Sunday.

Sneak peak from AMC.

http://www.amc.com/shows/the-walking...peek-roadblock

Bowser 02-11-2017 09:25 AM

http://www.dravenstales.ch/wp-conten...iting-Dead.jpg

dlphg9 02-12-2017 10:07 PM

Finally. That was a damn good episode.

Sure-Oz 02-12-2017 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 12738450)
Finally. That was a damn good episode.

Really good episode.. who got them at the end?

dlphg9 02-12-2017 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12738465)

Not sure since I don't read the comics, but I believe they will come in handy

cabletech94 02-12-2017 10:35 PM

Quote:

no idea. wasn't the womens' brigade from the fall. there were a man or 2 there. looks like they are building for "war".

i believe it was a solid episode. and what the hells up with preacher man? man, he's so hard to figure out.

dlphg9 02-12-2017 10:36 PM

Quote:

I was flipping out when they were asking about splitting up as the herd was coming