ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=343099)

displacedinMN 04-23-2024 08:26 PM

Tyreek needs to learn to shut up.

BigRedChief 04-23-2024 08:29 PM

Sounds like he’s not working out in Miami. If all you do is chace money, you will never find your happiness in life

Bearcat 04-23-2024 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17490616)
Obviously that sort of performance requires a perfect storm of a lot of factors, but it was only week 3. I don’t think the players had given up on the season just yet. If they gave up that particular day, it was probably because they were already getting manhandled.

Credit to the Dolphins. It was like that 8 rushing TD day we laid on the Falcons back in 04 or whatever.

Sure.

Dolphins/Broncos at halftime: 35-13
Chiefs/Bears at halftime: 34-0

One team kept their starters in and ran up the score on a defeated team and the other team completely shut it down on offense after one last scoring drive early in the 2nd half.

I wouldn't really call one more impressive than the other, but would definitely call one strategy smarter than the other.

RINGLEADER 04-23-2024 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17491336)
Sure.

One team kept their starters in and ran up the score on a defeated team and the other team completely shut it down on offense after one last scoring drive early in the 2nd half.

I wouldn't really call one more impressive than the other, but would definitely call one strategy smarter than the other.

This is true but without hanging 70 on the Broncos would there really be anything memorable about the Dolphins team last season?

crispystl 04-24-2024 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 17491327)
Tyreek needs to learn to shut up.

It's amazing...his mouth is actually moves FASTER than his legs!

Wallcrawler 04-24-2024 08:50 AM

Latest drivel is that reek felt disrespected when Pacheco was given #10. He said "I didn't like that, I felt disrespected by that, there's only one 10."

Dumb ****.

We gave 88 to Jody ****ing Fortson, okay? Your number isn't sacred.

BigRedChief 04-24-2024 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17490402)
I still think Hill could be back here in 2026/2027 for his age 32 and 33 seasons.

Maybe not - he may just be fully into being in Miami and have no interest in coming back to cold-ass KC. He has his rings, his money, his HoF career - there's nothing much else to play for at that point. He could just hang 'em up as he's suggested at times.

But I think he's been pretty damn disappointed to not be a part of what's been built here and I think he may be interested in finishing things up here.

Sure, on a reasonable deal. :thumb:

ChiefsFanatic 04-24-2024 09:12 AM

Tyreek Hill is the Scottie Pippen of the NFL

ThaVirus 04-24-2024 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17491336)
Sure.

Their starters scored 56 points in 3 quarters hardly even trying. Then their backups came in and scored 24 in less than 15 minutes also not really trying.

What they did was more impressive than what we did against Chicago.. and that’s OK to admit.

alpha_omega 05-30-2024 12:12 PM

Dolphins' Tyreek Hill has been eyeing new contract since conclusion of 2023 NFL season, per report

Hill, who reportedly wants a bump in pay, just saw his teammate land a new deal

The NFL's wide receiver market has continued to boom this offseason, as two pass-catchers -- A.J. Brown and Amon-Ra St. Brown -- surpassed Tyreek Hill's $30 million-per-year benchmark. However, even before those two stars put pen to paper on their new contracts, the Miami Dolphins wideout was looking to adjust his deal.

Hill, who turned 30 in March, has been looking for a new contract since the end of the 2023 season, where he led the NFL in both receiving yards (1,799) and receiving touchdowns (13), according to Pro Football Talk. The reason why is because Hill's $30 million-per-year figure isn't a "real" number. As explained by Mike Florio, the final year compensation on Hill's deal is a whopping $45 million. How likely is it that Hill will play out his contract in its entirety, where Spotrac indicates he has a $56.3 million cap hit in 2026? Hill made north of $26 million in cash in 2022 and 2023, and is due $19,765,000 in 2024, per Spotrac.

Pro Football Talk reports that Hill's efforts to find a new deal intensified when Brown of the Philadelphia Eagles inked a three-year extension worth $96 million to keep him in the fold for at least six more seasons. Hill does have a case for a new contract. In his two seasons with the Dolphins, he's finished in the top two in receiving yards. In fact, Hill is the first player in NFL history to record multiple seasons of 1,700 receiving yards. No NFL player has had more receptions of 25+ yards over the last two years than Hill.

While the Dolphins have a quarterback extension to worry about, and just agreed to a three-year, $84.75 million extension with Jaylen Waddle, it wouldn't be a bad idea to take care of Hill soon. This wide receiver market isn't going to slow down, as other stars like Justin Jefferson, CeeDee Lamb, Ja'Marr Chase and Brandon Aiyuk are looking to break financial records in the near future.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...on-per-report/

O.city 05-30-2024 12:14 PM

They'll trade or release him after this year. It was always a 3 year and "we'll see" deal.

Dunerdr 05-30-2024 12:15 PM

Just take a WR in one of the first two rounds every year. **** it.

ChiTown 05-30-2024 12:30 PM

I get it. Kids shoes and Baby Mama's are expensive...and Ty has got a lot of them to manage.

KCJake 05-30-2024 12:43 PM

He'll be playing somewhere else next year. What a waste man. Guy could be here winning Super Bowls and setting records. And still be making big money.

ChiTown 05-30-2024 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJake (Post 17535234)
He'll be playing somewhere else next year. What a waste man. Guy could be here winning Super Bowls and setting records. And still be making big money.

I liked Ty, but that's just life with the Cap in the NFL. He's got his ring. Now he just wants to make as much as he can, while he can. Makes sense to me. :shrug: