ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Good news [Lonewolf Ed] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290171)

Lonewolf Ed 06-01-2016 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bowe (Post 12254836)
i could be mistaken, but my understanding is that methadone is an effective pain-killer with less of the side-effects of heroin/oxycontin type narcotics. addicts maintained on methadone have greatly increased levels of functioning compared to users of other opioids...

unless one of our resident docs can straighten me out, i think the lady gave you sound advice...

oh yeah, pot is one of the best anti-inflammatories known to man, to say nothing of it's contributions to appetite and an improved sense of well-being...

i recommend it without reservation...

My nurse practitioner said not to get methadone and as for weed, I don't need it for my appetite. I had to buy new pants just to come over to Denmark since my 35 inch waist pants are hard to button now! I need to lose some weight, not gain any more.

Lonewolf Ed 06-01-2016 08:33 AM

I am headed to the beach since it is sunny and hot (for Denmark it is hot, about 80!) and hopefully there will be some bare boobs out there today.

scho63 06-01-2016 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12255434)
I am headed to the beach since it is sunny and hot (for Denmark it is hot, about 80!) and hopefully there will be some bare boobs out there today.

You better take some pictures Ed and not tease us again! :cuss:

Lonewolf Ed 06-01-2016 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 12255499)
You better take some pictures Ed and not tease us again! :cuss:

I had my still camera and my video camera along, but alas, not a bare breast was seen and I was on alert for them. It's still the low season. *groan*

scho63 06-01-2016 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12255820)
I had my still camera and my video camera along, but alas, not a bare breast was seen and I was on alert for them. It's still the low season. *groan*

OK you are forgiven but please no photos of your shaved balls pretending to be some Danish girl's cleavage! ROFL

If you are so well known in town, couldn't you have given one of those hot women 10 Kroner to remove her top?

Lonewolf Ed 06-02-2016 12:03 PM

The only thing I have seen in this town that I can get for 10 kroner is a rental bike! The exchange rate is 6.something per dollar, so 10 kroner is not a lot.

BlackHelicopters 06-02-2016 12:46 PM

Does the 10 kroner have the hole in it?

Lonewolf Ed 06-02-2016 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 12257234)
Does the 10 kroner have the hole in it?

No, it is solid and gold colored, but smaller than the 20 kroner coin. They have 1, 2 and 5 kroner coins that have holes in the middle.

BlackHelicopters 06-02-2016 01:04 PM

Keep on beating cancer's butt.

Lonewolf Ed 06-02-2016 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 12257277)
Keep on beating cancer's butt.

With my last breath!

Easy 6 06-02-2016 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12255434)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12255820)

PBJ

:sulk:

Glad you tried for us anyway!

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-02-2016 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12257168)
The only thing I have seen in this town that I can get for 10 kroner is a rental bike! The exchange rate is 6.something per dollar, so 10 kroner is not a lot.

Save your Kroner, yo'.

Lonewolf Ed 06-03-2016 11:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12257718)
Save your Kroner, yo'.

I spent more than 10 kroner for this, but I am happy with it!

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-04-2016 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12258691)

I approve.

Are they up to 40k now?

Lonewolf Ed 06-05-2016 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12260072)
I approve.

Are they up to 40k now?

That cost me 42 kroner. Sascha does give me a free brew every now and then since I am a friend!

Easy 6 06-05-2016 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12260999)
That cost me 42 kroner. Sascha does give me a free brew every now and then since I am a friend!

How bouts a pic of Sascha...

Lonewolf Ed 06-05-2016 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12261115)
How bouts a pic of Sascha...

If she will hold still long enough...

Lonewolf Ed 06-05-2016 02:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got her!

Easy 6 06-05-2016 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12261195)
Got her!

Yet another healthy looking Danish blonde PBJ

scho63 06-06-2016 11:17 AM

Aside from beer, what else do the Danes like to drink?

Lonewolf Ed 06-06-2016 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 12262528)
Aside from beer, what else do the Danes like to drink?

Aside from coffee, they like wine, Irish coffee, rum, hard cider, and various bitters and the girls like Bacardi breezers and mojitos. The old guard where I am have a saying that ryhmes in Danish but translated it is: We don't care what is on the label as long as our caps spin.

Lonewolf Ed 06-06-2016 12:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sascha took a photo of me in the cafe. The other photos, I shot last night at 11:45 pm. I am so far north that this time of year, it does not get completely dark at all.

Lonewolf Ed 06-06-2016 12:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A view from the hill overlooking my apartment.

Lonewolf Ed 06-06-2016 12:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It may be hard to see, but there are German bunkers from WWII in the distance of this one.

Easy 6 06-06-2016 05:25 PM

You're looking hale and hearty, old chum :thumb:

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-06-2016 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12262675)
Aside from coffee, they like wine, Irish coffee, rum, hard cider, and various bitters and the girls like Bacardi breezers and mojitos. The old guard where I am have a saying that ryhmes in Danish but translated it is: We don't care what is on the label as long as our caps spin.

LMAO

Lonewolf Ed 06-09-2016 11:36 AM

I do not recall if I gave details before back in April, but I am now sitting in Cafe Frandsen enjoying the newly acquired Guinness Porter, my second bottle since my first in the Irish House. It's not a typical porter as it is rather light and the color is comparable to Coke or Pepsi. It's only 3.8% alcohol, too, but it has a lot of flavor. The Guiness stout roasted malt flavor is there but not as intense as the stout. I like it, although it's not what I think of when I think of porters. If someone told me it was a black lager, I would have believed it. Sascha asked me about the beer before she got some new ones in stock, so maybe I had some influence in her decision to carry the brew.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-09-2016 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12267402)
I do not recall if I gave details before back in April, but I am now sitting in Cafe Frandsen enjoying the newly acquired Guinness Porter, my second bottle since my first in the Irish House. It's not a typical porter as it is rather light and the color is comparable to Coke or Pepsi. It's only 3.8% alcohol, too, but it has a lot of flavor. The Guiness stout roasted malt flavor is there but not as intense as the stout. I like it, although it's not what I think of when I think of porters. If someone told me it was a black lager, I would have believed it. Sascha asked me about the beer before she got some new ones in stock, so maybe I had some influence in her decision to carry the brew.

I noticed that the Euro-beers, even Heineken, taste fantastic on the home soil compared to what we get in the states.

Enjoy!

DaNewGuy 06-09-2016 05:35 PM

Ed you look good buddy

Lonewolf Ed 06-10-2016 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12267921)
I noticed that the Euro-beers, even Heineken, taste fantastic on the home soil compared to what we get in the states.

Enjoy!

One thing about Heinken that is the same over here is when it is fresh, it is decent, but the instant it gets old, it turns to skunk beer. I've never encountered a beer that can turn as fast as Heineken.

Lonewolf Ed 06-10-2016 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaNewGuy (Post 12267925)
Ed you look good buddy

Thanks! I feel better and stronger than I have since before my surgery last August.

DaNewGuy 06-10-2016 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12268486)
One thing about Heinken that is the same over here is when it is fresh, it is decent, but the instant it gets old, it turns to skunk beer. I've never encountered a beer that can turn as fast as Heineken.

I know a friend who puts Lime in his Heinken. Not sure about that

Lonewolf Ed 06-10-2016 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaNewGuy (Post 12268490)
I know a friend who puts Lime in his Heinken. Not sure about that

Ummm... Yuck.

Easy 6 06-10-2016 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12269406)
Ummm... Yuck.

Make that a double

Skunky lime? ewwwwww

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-10-2016 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12268486)

Get down with some Budwar; most excellent.

TimBone 06-10-2016 09:02 PM

Looks like you're having a blast, Ed.

Rausch 06-11-2016 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12258691)

I want to cry...

Lonewolf Ed 06-11-2016 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12269729)
Get down with some Budwar; most excellent.

I have had that and I loved the ad campaign they had after Anheuser-Busch tried to sue them over their beer name. It was laughed out of court since the town was making the beer for a couple of centuries before there was the A-B company. The ad read, "Try the REAL Budveiser!" They since came to a compromise and call their beer Budvar now and over here, regular Budweiser is labeled simply "Bud."

I am enjoying Brooklyn Brewery's summer ale now. It's a nice, light tasting beer with a bit of lemon tucked into it, not unlike Sam Adam's summer ale. Sascha has three different Brooklyn Brewery beers now since they are distributed by Carlsberg over here. It's a bittersweet time now, since I have just one more full day in Lokken, then I am off to Aalborg for 4 nights and Copenhagen for 5, then I fly back to KC. *sigh*

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-11-2016 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12270384)
I have had that and I loved the ad campaign they had after Anheuser-Busch tried to sue them over their beer name. It was laughed out of court since the town was making the beer for a couple of centuries before there was the A-B company. The ad read, "Try the REAL Budveiser!" They since came to a compromise and call their beer Budvar now and over here, regular Budweiser is labeled simply "Bud."

I am enjoying Brooklyn Brewery's summer ale now. It's a nice, light tasting beer with a bit of lemon tucked into it, not unlike Sam Adam's summer ale. Sascha has three different Brooklyn Brewery beers now since they are distributed by Carlsberg over here. It's a bittersweet time now, since I have just one more full day in Lokken, then I am off to Aalborg for 4 nights and Copenhagen for 5, then I fly back to KC. *sigh*

Eh, don't focus on the end, man. Enjoy the time. And when you get back, go get yourself some Q.

Rausch 06-11-2016 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12270463)
Eh, don't focus on the end, man. Enjoy the time. And when you get back, go get yourself some Q.

Why would he focus on a repost?...

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-11-2016 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12270473)
Why would he focus on a repost?...

LMAO

Lonewolf Ed 06-13-2016 06:18 AM

It was sad for me leaving Lokken behind today. I feel like it is my secondary home there. People tell me I am part of the town, too. I watched the rolling hills and farmland pass as I sat on the bus heading to Aalborg, passing the familiar little villages on the way, Saltum, Pandrup, Kaas, and Aabybro (translates out to RiverTownBridge and for some reason it makes me chuckle) then the airport and Aalborg came into view. It's "the big city" around here, and compared to where I had been, it certainly is. Now I am in my hotel and about ready to head out to some of my pubs for a pint or three. Since it is a warm day, about 70 to 72 degrees, I expect to see lots of girls in their itty bitty shorts and skirts out today!

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-13-2016 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12273155)
It was sad for me leaving Lokken behind today. I feel like it is my secondary home there. People tell me I am part of the town, too. I watched the rolling hills and farmland pass as I sat on the bus heading to Aalborg, passing the familiar little villages on the way, Saltum, Pandrup, Kaas, and Aabybro (translates out to RiverTownBridge and for some reason it makes me chuckle) then the airport and Aalborg came into view. It's "the big city" around here, and compared to where I had been, it certainly is. Now I am in my hotel and about ready to head out to some of my pubs for a pint or three. Since it is a warm day, about 70 to 72 degrees, I expect to see lots of girls in their itty bitty shorts and skirts out today!

Drink it in, man. Enjoy!

Meatloaf 06-13-2016 11:09 AM

Pics or you stayed in your hotel room all day. C'mon Ed, surely you can, with great care, take (AND SHARE) a few interesting photos for us stateside boys!

Lonewolf Ed 06-13-2016 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 12273412)
Pics or you stayed in your hotel room all day. C'mon Ed, surely you can, with great care, take (AND SHARE) a few interesting photos for us stateside boys!

I went for pints and didn't take the camera, but tomorrow, I will!

scho63 06-13-2016 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 12273412)

He's right Ed! Sounds like you're starting to tease us once again.....:drool:

Lonewolf Ed 06-16-2016 04:35 AM

I took my cameras along the past two days, but it has been raining and cloudy both days, so the girls look pretty much the same with their rain gear on. Last night as I was heading back to my hotel, I heard some commotion and went to see what it was. A line of military and fancy-dressed people came out of the church carrying large Danish flags. I had no idea what was going on. They stopped outside the church in two columns and someone in a very nice suit gave a short speech. I got a bit of it on video. Then I headed for the hotel and saw two guys dressed up in what looked like medieval castle guard clothes carrying a flag. I asked if they were part of the group coming out of the church and they said yes. I asked what it was they were doing and one told me it was Valdemar's Day, where they officially present the flags to various groups, from the Scouts to military units, and government officials. In all my years of coming to Denmark, I have ever seen or heard of this day or the ceremony.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-16-2016 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12277744)
I took my cameras along the past two days, but it has been raining and cloudy both days, so the girls look pretty much the same with their rain gear on. Last night as I was heading back to my hotel, I heard some commotion and went to see what it was. A line of military and fancy-dressed people came out of the church carrying large Danish flags. I had no idea what was going on. They stopped outside the church in two columns and someone in a very nice suit gave a short speech. I got a bit of it on video. Then I headed for the hotel and saw two guys dressed up in what looked like medieval castle guard clothes carrying a flag. I asked if they were part of the group coming out of the church and they said yes. I asked what it was they were doing and one told me it was Valdemar's Day, where they officially present the flags to various groups, from the Scouts to military units, and government officials. In all my years of coming to Denmark, I have ever seen or heard of this day or the ceremony.

European holidays are trippy. When I lived in Czech, they still celebrated the day the Russians came in and drove the Germans out.

Talk about trading poop for piss.

Lonewolf Ed 06-16-2016 02:52 PM

I was at my beloved Irish House for the final time today and stayed to watch England v. Wales in soccer, er I mean, futbol. I filled out a card guessing England would win 2-1 over the Welsh sheep shaggers, and I was right! I won a Carlsberg t-shirt and Carlsberg sunglasses. I was feeling lucky until halfway back to the hotel, there was a clap of thunder and it pissed down rain on me.

Meatloaf 06-16-2016 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12278418)
I was at my beloved Irish House for the final time today and stayed to watch England v. Wales in soccer, er I mean, futbol. I filled out a card guessing England would win 2-1 over the Welsh sheep shaggers, and I was right! I won a Carlsberg t-shirt and Carlsberg sunglasses. I was feeling lucky until halfway back to the hotel, there was a clap of thunder and it pissed down rain on me.

Sounds like you've had a wonderful trip, Ed. Hey, have you shared CP with any of your European brethren? Wonder what they might think of this fine place?

Lonewolf Ed 06-16-2016 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 12278425)
Sounds like you've had a wonderful trip, Ed. Hey, have you shared CP with any of your European brethren? Wonder what they might think of this fine place?

I have mentioned it, but they no understand football American!

GloryDayz 06-16-2016 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12278440)
I have mentioned it, but they no understand football American!

Nor do most Americans, so it's all good.

Lonewolf Ed 06-18-2016 12:25 AM

I am in Copenhagen, well, Nivaa which is a suburb, but it's about like when I tell people I live in Kansas City because if I say Olathe, they say "Where?" Anyhow, here I am, staying with my dear cousin Anne-Marie and her family. Her husband told me news that a certain few of you will take interest in... Yesterday, the cops raided Christania and tore down the pot sellers' tents and booths. I thought they just let the people do their thing in there, selling and smoking weed and hash, but I was told that every few years, the police come and rattle the cage. When he told me about it, I could hear Tommy Chong in my head saying, "Oh, man, that's a drag, man."

Simply Red 06-18-2016 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12280348)
I am in Copenhagen, well, Nivaa which is a suburb, but it's about like when I tell people I live in Kansas City because if I say Olathe, they say "Where?" Anyhow, here I am, staying with my dear cousin Anne-Marie and her family. Her husband told me news that a certain few of you will take interest in... Yesterday, the cops raided Christania and tore down the pot sellers' tents and booths. I thought they just let the people do their thing in there, selling and smoking weed and hash, but I was told that every few years, the police come and rattle the cage. When he told me about it, I could hear Tommy Chong in my head saying, "Oh, man, that's a drag, man."

haha. nice!

Lonewolf Ed 06-18-2016 09:40 AM

I went with my family to test drive a Tesla 90DX or some such, 6 seater. I have never been up close to an electric car before and I must say, it's impressive. There was a problem with the SIM card in that it won't work in Denmark yet, but otherwise the salesman would have shown us how you can park the car and "call it" to come to you with your cell phone. There are super-charging stations all over the country which are used for long distance travel, otherwise you just plug it in overnight like your cell phone at home. The drawback is the extremely high tax on the vehicles here in Denmark. That 6 seater is 1.3 million Danish kroner, thanks to a 150% tax which was until this year, 180%. You do get to pay the tax over 5 years, though, but still, once paid, you're looking at a 200,000 dollar car.

And I just got back to the house after my sweet 10 year old second cousin Benedicte took me for a walk to the harbor. She was delighted when we saw two adult swans and three babies huddled together. Where they live, off to one side of the house, you can get a glimpse of the sea before the trees are fully bloomed out and on the other, there is a forest, so the girls have two very nice options for places to go and play.

Lonewolf Ed 06-21-2016 08:48 AM

My last full day in Denmark is dwindling down to the evening hours now. I spent the day in Helsignor Castle, the setting for the play Hamlet, and the village nearby. I loved touring the castle. I fly back to KC tomorrow, with a delightful 7 hour layover in Newark airport. Groan. It has been a magnificent trip for me and I can hardly believe that my time is nearly done here. It does not seem like I have been away for 8 weeks. In some ways, I am ready to get back to Kansas and my own bed, but in other ways, I want to stay here longer.

scho63 06-21-2016 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12284382)
It does not seem like I have been away for 8 weeks.

:eek:

Damn that sure did go quick!

Lonewolf Ed 06-21-2016 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 12284449)
:eek:

Damn that sure did go quick!

Didn't it, though? But I can see in my trip journal, first entry April 25 as I was packing up and headed for the airport! I have had some grand adventures over here, despite a lack of ladies to play with.

GloryDayz 06-21-2016 04:58 PM

I would have shredded my passport and said "shucks."

Easy 6 06-21-2016 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12284382)
My last full day in Denmark is dwindling down to the evening hours now. I spent the day in Helsignor Castle, the setting for the play Hamlet, and the village nearby. I loved touring the castle. I fly back to KC tomorrow, with a delightful 7 hour layover in Newark airport. Groan. It has been a magnificent trip for me and I can hardly believe that my time is nearly done here. It does not seem like I have been away for 8 weeks. In some ways, I am ready to get back to Kansas and my own bed, but in other ways, I want to stay here longer.

I almost thought you might just stay there this time, after two months it must kind of feel like you do live there now

Close family all over the place, the bartenders know your name at your fave pub... everything a guy could want, an American abroad but far from alone

But welcome back to an America in deep, churning turmoil...have a safe flight!

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-21-2016 06:19 PM

Get home safe, man!

Dave Lane 06-21-2016 06:20 PM

I'm just scanning this looking for the tits now :D

go bo 06-21-2016 08:04 PM

safe travels, ed!!

Lonewolf Ed 06-22-2016 01:06 AM

I am in Copenhagen International Airport now, waiting for my departure gate to open. Boarding starts in 35 minutes. I made it through the check in, security, and passport control in under 10 minutes. I always prefer having some time to kill in an airport than sweating when every second counts. Missing a flight is the worst, next to having the airline cancel a flight, like last year in Chicago when I came back. I have a 7 hour wait in Jersey to look forward to. Ugh.

GloryDayz 06-22-2016 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12285397)
I am in Copenhagen International Airport now, waiting for my departure gate to open. Boarding starts in 35 minutes. I made it through the check in, security, and passport control in under 10 minutes. I always prefer having some time to kill in an airport than sweating when every second counts. Missing a flight is the worst, next to having the airline cancel a flight, like last year in Chicago when I came back. I have a 7 hour wait in Jersey to look forward to. Ugh.

Love ya to no end Lone (no homo!!!), but like the rest of us I with you would stay! Perhaps selfish, but I grew up (half of my younger years in Italy ["on the economy"]), and seeing and reading what you were doing and seeing was awesome... It's reminded me that, when I retire, I want to move back to Italy...

So welcome back, but you could have stayed for 15 more years and just kept posting...

When's your next trip?

Lonewolf Ed 06-23-2016 04:46 AM

My next trip will not be through Newark! Due to mechanical mishaps with an engine back up ignition, we spent nearly three hours on the tarmac before taking off. Instead of landing in KC at 10:17 pm, it was getting close to 1:00 am. That was on top of the 7 hours I had to sit in that airport.

I have to see what my next phase of treatments do and go from there. In my condition, planning a year ahead just doesn't make sense to me anymore.

GloryDayz 06-23-2016 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12286714)
My next trip will not be through Newark! Due to mechanical mishaps with an engine back up ignition, we spent nearly three hours on the tarmac before taking off. Instead of landing in KC at 10:17 pm, it was getting close to 1:00 am. That was on top of the 7 hours I had to sit in that airport.

I have to see what my next phase of treatments do and go from there. In my condition, planning a year ahead just doesn't make sense to me anymore.

Well safety first...

Lonewolf Ed 06-24-2016 07:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics from my digital camera. Sascha was all dolled up for a birthday party. I touched her and said, "Tsss! Ouch! Hot!" She laughed. Cockburn Street in Edinburgh was a very steep climb and I thought it was oddly named since it was my feet that were burning by the time I got to the top.

Lonewolf Ed 06-24-2016 07:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are two of me enjoying a brew and me in Hamlet's Castle.

Lonewolf Ed 06-24-2016 03:20 PM

I will be going back to the center sooner than planned. The last three days in Denmark, I had dizzy spells, but since I got back, it has been much worse. I could hardly eat anything without feeling sick. I would take a few bites, lie down, take a few bites, lie down, and so on. I called my nurse today and she said to drink lots of Gatorade over the weekend. If the dizziness gets worse or I get chest pains, she said to go right to the ER. As it stands now, I will go in on Monday. My dizziness isn't swirling around, more side to side jerks. I do feel better after eating some Cheerios and two eggs, but I need to lie down for a while again.

DaNewGuy 06-24-2016 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12288552)
I will be going back to the center sooner than planned. The last three days in Denmark, I had dizzy spells, but since I got back, it has been much worse. I could hardly eat anything without feeling sick. I would take a few bites, lie down, take a few bites, lie down, and so on. I called my nurse today and she said to drink lots of Gatorade over the weekend. If the dizziness gets worse or I get chest pains, she said to go right to the ER. As it stands now, I will go in on Monday. My dizziness isn't swirling around, more side to side jerks. I do feel better after eating some Cheerios and two eggs, but I need to lie down for a while again.

Sorry to hear that man and hopefully it gets better over the weekend. Yuck Gatorade hate that stuff.

Meatloaf 06-24-2016 04:11 PM

Ed, glad to hear you're back! Sorry to hear about the dizziness stuff, but I suspect you simply overdid it the past day or so. Traveling like that saps energy like nobody's business. Things will likely settle down once you get some R&R. Take care.

Easy 6 06-24-2016 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12287981)
Here are two of me enjoying a brew and me in Hamlet's Castle.

These are outstanding, you look perfectly in your element

Buehler445 06-24-2016 08:46 PM

Take a pseudophed (if you can). Might be fluid in your inner ear.

EPodolak 06-24-2016 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12286714)

Better than going to the Mets game, I reckon.

Welcome back.

BlackHelicopters 06-25-2016 08:18 AM

Airports to avoid at almost any cost. Newark, JFK, LaGuardia, ATL, Philly, O'Hare, SFO. Glad you are home safe. Hope the dizziness is simply exhaustion. Good luck.

Lonewolf Ed 06-26-2016 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 12289341)
Airports to avoid at almost any cost. Newark, JFK, LaGuardia, ATL, Philly, O'Hare, SFO. Glad you are home safe. Hope the dizziness is simply exhaustion. Good luck.

Unfortunately, if you want to go to Europe and live in KC, you will have to go through one of those. I prefer O'Hare over Newark, JFK, and LaGuardia. I have been through Chicago many times and only got hosed once, last year when my flight was cancelled at 10 pm and I was scrambling to find a hotel.

GloryDayz 06-26-2016 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12290706)
Unfortunately, if you want to go to Europe and live in KC, you will have to go through one of those. I prefer O'Hare over Newark, JFK, and LaGuardia. I have been through Chicago many times and only got hosed once, last year when my flight was cancelled at 10 pm and I was scrambling to find a hotel.

Delta goes from Minneapolis to Amsterdam. Perhaps that's an option?

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-26-2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12290706)

When Trump builds the greatest east coast international airport ever, you will literally want to spend hours there, I promise!

TLO 06-26-2016 01:59 PM

Best of luck to you Lone Wolf. I'm going away for a while. Take care of yourself man