ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Gasoline at $4 Coming to a Pump Near You, Unfazed by Rising Tab (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=161736)

Alton deFlat 06-10-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 7689727)
for farts and grins, I test drove an 06 F150 for 24 hours; lol. holy ****.
when I babied it - ie coasted hom on my commute which is alot of down hill and basically a straight shot, and tried to time green lights- the best I got was 14mpg. But when I drove regular around town......9.8 - 10.6mpg.

thank god I don't have a job that requires me to drive a truck. that was nuts.

Yea, I have a Chevy Silverado. Gets about 16 MPG. If I could afford to trade right now, I would consider it. I like the convenience of a truck, but my wife drives a Ford Escape, and that handles our needs most of the time.

Dayze 06-10-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alton deFlat (Post 7689752)
Yea, I have a Chevy Silverado. Gets about 16 MPG. If I could afford to trade right now, I would consider it. I like the convenience of a truck, but my wife drives a Ford Escape, and that handles our needs most of the time.

I was really pleased with the ride of both Silverado and the F150.
I mean, don't get me wrong, I didn't go into it thinking either were gas sippers etc...but man....it really kind of slapped me in the face when I saw the little MPG computer.

I would love to have a truck in addition to my car. I still might look for one, but not such a new one. Maybe an old one that runs good, isn't a total rust bucket etc. I would like to use it for our camping needs etc. be easier to load up etc.

Deberg_1990 06-10-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 7689727)
thank god I don't have a job that requires me to drive a truck. that was nuts.

This is what pisses me off about the Obama and GM stuff trying to ween everyone off of bigger vehicles and i dont even drive a truck.

Alot of people drive trucks because they have a real need for them, and even if you dont, why should the Govt be telling anyone what they can and cant spend their money on???

Sorry...rant over

Dayze 06-10-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7689771)
This is what pisses me off about the Obama and GM stuff trying to ween everyone off of bigger vehicles and i dont even drive a truck.

Alot of people drive trucks because they have a real need for them, and even if you dont, why should the Govt be telling anyone what they can and cant spend their money on???

Sorry...rant over

the solution is simple - anyone needing a truck for work use, needs to apply for an annual permit that will only cost $250/yr; and a $500 fee each time you need to buy a new truck. ~

Brock 06-10-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 7689779)
the solution is simple - anyone needing a truck for work use, needs to apply for an annual permit that will only cost $250/yr; and a $500 fee each time you need to buy a new truck. ~

That would be funny if it weren't so realistic.

Lonewolf Ed 06-10-2011 11:39 AM

What would any of you drive if we had to pay what they do in Denmark for gas? When I was there, got back last Friday, gas was 11.5 to 12.5 kroner per liter, and the dollar was worth less than 5.1 kroner then. So, roughly, that is 8dollars per gallon. Needless to say, I didn't rent a car over there. I took many bus rides and walked a lot.

4th and Long 06-10-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 7689841)
What would any of you drive if we had to pay what they do in Denmark for gas? When I was there, got back last Friday, gas was 11.5 to 12.5 kroner per liter, and the dollar was worth less than 5.1 kroner then. So, roughly, that is 8dollars per gallon. Needless to say, I didn't rent a car over there. I took many bus rides and walked a lot.

That cuts it! I'm cancelling my vacation to Denmark right now!

Lonewolf Ed 06-10-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th and Long (Post 7689845)
That cuts it! I'm cancelling my vacation to Denmark right now!

You may as well if you like brown ale. I put a big dent in the supply in northern Denmark.

Pants 06-10-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Problem is that out here in KC suburbia, it's extremely hard to get around without a car. You can't walk 10 miles to work and there isn't a bus or a trolley or a train taking you there either.

4th and Long 06-10-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 7689850)
You may as well if you like brown ale. I put a big dent in the supply in northern Denmark.

LMAO

Deberg_1990 06-10-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Yea, its ridiculous in Europe. But the culture is different over there. People do public transportation. In America, not so much for the majority.

Lonewolf Ed 06-10-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7689855)
Yea, its ridiculous in Europe. But the culture is different over there. People do public transportation. In America, not so much for the majority.

True, and while I had the option of a train or bus in many cases, there were plenty of places I could not reach by either. So, it was either a hike, bike, or ride with a family member over there. Gas prices like they have to pay would absolutely destroy us here.

Donger 06-10-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Yeah, but their health care is "free."

Lonewolf Ed 06-10-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7689873)
Yeah, but their health care is "free."

Of course it is! They collect such high taxes, LOTS of stuff is for free! ;)

Donger 06-10-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alton deFlat (Post 7689655)
The rollercoaster ride continues. After increases over the last few days, oil is down about 2½% so far today.

Yeah, it's down almost 3% now. Time to make some phone calls.