ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Derek Carr ****ing sucks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312224)

tredadda 12-28-2022 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 16692686)
Dumb franchises do dumb things.

Like McBugel knows how to draft a QB. He drafted Tebow.

Too bad the trade deadline passed. They could have gone full tank by trading away to KC Crosby and Renfrow for Clark and white Watson. Heck, go all out and also trade Jacobs for CEH.

backinblack 12-28-2022 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdubya (Post 16692791)
Normally a defense that only gives up 13 is considered strong.

weird way to spin that.

They lost the game, but only gave up 13 points! Good defense!

Hydrae 12-28-2022 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 16692776)
Carr has an ironclad no-trade clause, increasing the likelihood that they will just release him.

I didn't know that. I saw some speculation a couple of days ago about swapping Carr for Kyler. Maybe new teams would help both of them.

Nah, never mind, neither have much upwards trajectory any more. ;)

tredadda 12-28-2022 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 16692819)
I didn't know that. I saw some speculation a couple of days ago about swapping Carr for Kyler. Maybe new teams would help both of them.

Nah, never mind, neither have much upwards trajectory any more. ;)

If the Raiders trade for Kyler they get what they deserve. That would be Wilson level bad.

DJ's left nut 12-28-2022 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 16692794)
Too bad the trade deadline passed. They could have gone full tank by trading away to KC Crosby and Renfrow for Clark and white Watson. Heck, go all out and also trade Jacobs for CEH.

I suggested they contact the Falcons about a Carr trade prior to the deadline and I stand by it.

The Falcons had a real shot at the playoffs with better QB play. Carr was playing decent ball and the Raiders could've used the draft capital.

Now Atlanta has lost 4 in a row when merely going 2-2 would've had them tied for the division lead. And they've lost those 4 games giving up 17, 21, 19 and 19 points. Going 2-2 over that stretch was eminently doable but their QB play just killed them.

8 games this season where they've scored fewer than 20 points (and they've gone 0-8 in those games vs. 5-2 in games above 20) despite having some nice weapons on that offense. That is a team that should've won the pitiful south if they were getting merely average play from under center. Carr could've given them that.

jdubya 12-28-2022 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 16692597)
You guys here actually understand football.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...9/IMG_2267.jpg

ROFLMAO

Graystoke 12-28-2022 03:38 PM

We should merge the Derek Carr sucks thread with the Dating Fat Chicks Thread.
They seem equivalent to me.

jdubya 12-28-2022 03:42 PM

Carr will need a warm climate and a city where the press corp plays nice and stoke his ego.That eliminates NY and any Midwest or east coast teams without domes.

Edited to add:said teams also adopt Derek’s dysfunctional brothers David and Darren and then the rest of the Central Valley Fresno Mafia

RINGLEADER 12-28-2022 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16692566)
Wait. Aren’t the Faid still in the WC hunt?

They would have to win out, the Dolphins lose out, and the Pats, Jets, and Steelers would have to lose one. Or something like that.

tredadda 12-28-2022 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16692833)
I suggested they contact the Falcons about a Carr trade prior to the deadline and I stand by it.

The Falcons had a real shot at the playoffs with better QB play. Carr was playing decent ball and the Raiders could've used the draft capital.

Now Atlanta has lost 4 in a row when merely going 2-2 would've had them tied for the division lead. And they've lost those 4 games giving up 17, 21, 19 and 19 points. Going 2-2 over that stretch was eminently doable but their QB play just killed them.

8 games this season where they've scored fewer than 20 points (and they've gone 0-8 in those games vs. 5-2 in games above 20) despite having some nice weapons on that offense. That is a team that should've won the pitiful south if they were getting merely average play from under center. Carr could've given them that.

Very good point. While Carr is no longer as good as he once was he would have been an upgrade over Mariotta and Ridder. And the NFCS is infinitely easier to win than the AFCW.

tredadda 12-28-2022 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 16692937)
They would have to win out, the Dolphins lose out, and the Pats, Jets, and Steelers would have to lose one. Or something like that.

If they didn’t have to face KC that scenario is very possible.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-28-2022 04:49 PM

Lulz at the Devante and Reek cash grabs being huge disasters. Tua another concussion and Carr hitting the pine.

frozenchief 12-28-2022 04:52 PM

If Carr is cut w/in 3 days of the Super Bowl, he’s a $5.6M hit on the salary cap in 2023. If he’s injured, his $32.9M salary for 2023 is guaranteed and he would get $7.5M of his 2024 salary.

So, they bench him. Cut him w/in 3 days of the Super Bowl and then try to find another QB. I hear NYJ are moving on from Zach Wilson.

Speaking of Wilsons, I could see McDaniels taking Russell Wilson off Denver’s hands.

FloridaMan88 12-28-2022 05:07 PM

Carr getting Jay Cutlered by McDaniels.

displacedinMN 12-28-2022 05:09 PM

What a day.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

FlaChief58 12-28-2022 05:11 PM

See you later mascara boy. I'll miss your average play.
Let's hope Joshy picks Tebow 2.0

backinblack 12-28-2022 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenchief (Post 16692978)

Speaking of Wilsons, I could see McDaniels taking Russell Wilson off Denver’s hands.

this is how you ensure there are absolutely no Raiders fans left

...I see your game

notorious 12-28-2022 05:47 PM

Wait, I just read he's not even going to be at practice or the games?

What in the ever-living hell is going on with that franchise? Is McDaniels that toxic of an asshole?

JFC, Carr has been the QB there for 8 years. This is ****ed up.

backinblack 12-28-2022 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 16693102)

What in the ever-living hell is going on with that franchise? Is McDaniels that toxic of an asshole?

I actually kind of want to hear from Carr, namely how much of this was his idea. It's not out of the realm of possibility he's retiring.

notorious 12-28-2022 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backinblack (Post 16693109)
I actually kind of want to hear from Carr, namely how much of this was his idea. It's not out of the realm of possibility he's retiring.

Whoa.

Sorry BinB. It's incredible to me a guy that's been there 8 years is not going to finish the season in some capacity.

FlaChief58 12-28-2022 05:57 PM

Just saw where Carr is stepping away from the team after being benched LMAO

notorious 12-28-2022 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaChief58 (Post 16693132)

It's ****ed up.

ROYC75 12-28-2022 06:19 PM

OK, I think I've seen it all but this is not even adding up for me!

smithandrew051 12-28-2022 06:20 PM

Starting to think the Chiefs might win the AFC west. Imo.

Hammock Parties 12-28-2022 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 16693217)

told you it was wrapped up week two ;)

tredadda 12-28-2022 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 16693217)

Stars seem to be aligning for the #1 seed. Broncos have given up and canned half their staff, the Raiders benched Carr who gave them the best chance to beat KC.

tredadda 12-28-2022 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backinblack (Post 16693041)
this is how you ensure there are absolutely no Raiders fans left

...I see your game

There will always be Raider fans. It’s about the “image”. Now true diehard Raider fans I could see abandoning the team.

Gravedigger 12-28-2022 06:30 PM

Happy for him to get away from that shit franchise even though it might make things more difficult in the future for us if they somehow do nail down a decent QB. Carr is always going to be a game manager, but the Raiders choosing McDaniels over Carr makes me smile. Will be interesting if Adams demands to be released or traded instead of waiting for the next QB to come of age.

jdubya 12-28-2022 06:35 PM

Quote:

He is on a non injury off roster list because they dont want him stubbing his toe anywhere near a Raider facility or they have to pay him an injury clause almost $40 million. Just business.

tredadda 12-28-2022 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 16693240)
Happy for him to get away from that shit franchise even though it might make things more difficult in the future for us if they somehow do nail down a decent QB. Carr is always going to be a game manager, but the Raiders choosing McDaniels over Carr makes me smile. Will be interesting if Adams demands to be released or traded instead of waiting for the next QB to come of age.

Highly doubt Adams does that unless he think some other team can pay him more than he is making now. How many teams that are competitive can afford to pay him that?

Gravedigger 12-28-2022 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 16693255)
Highly doubt Adams does that unless he think some other team can pay him more than he is making now. How many teams that are competitive can afford to pay him that?

Seems he's cuttable starting in 2025, other than that you get him pretty cheap for his skillset with a cap hit of $14.5M next year and $25M in 2024 so you're talking about two years of affordability. I'm sure some team will reach for it, just in the NFC you got:

Bears
Falcons
Giants
Seahawks

And if they were stupid enough to trade him in the AFC:

Pats
Bengals
Ravens
Texans

Hell even the Chiefs could fit him under the cap once they make their adjustments and would likely have to let Orlando and Sneed walk and find another LT and CB to fill the voids.

jdubya 12-28-2022 06:49 PM

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...rBengals_1.gif

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SeriousBit...le-max-1mb.gif

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...2665/tenor.gif

Nope, I don’t need to keep watching this at $30+million a year lol. Time to move on.

Rainbarrel 12-28-2022 07:14 PM

I bet he would throw the ball to Skyy

FloridaMan88 12-28-2022 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaChief58 (Post 16693132)

So he won’t be a “distraction”? WTF

Quiet Quitting.

MarkDavis'Haircut 12-28-2022 07:36 PM

Sad day.

Raiders fans are trashy today. Trashing a QB who has never badmouthed this backwards and poorly run franchise.

Chiefs fans are being more respectful.

The fan base deserves nothing but a smashing against SF and KC.

MarkDavis'Haircut 12-28-2022 07:38 PM

Quote:

Supposedly Mark "Silver Spoon" Davis made the call.

He, like Mike Brown, are the undeserving sons of football legends.

Sell the team, Mark.

Rain Man 12-28-2022 08:23 PM

Wow. Benched? McDaniels is a terrible coach and a terrible human being.

BryanBusby 12-28-2022 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 16693450)

Sell the team, Mark.

Seems to line up.

https://theathletic.com/4041696/2022...shared_article

Dumping Carr is the right move. Having McDaniels pick the replacement is where they're going all wrong.

Eureka 12-28-2022 08:34 PM

Quote:

Sell the team, Mark.

DC's biggest supporter finally wants to pull and you post this. How many coaches, players, staff etc have been with the Raiders for losing seasons yet Carr still remains? NINE years Mark Davis gave Carr and he just decided to pull the plug. Nothing wrong with his decision.

Any Chiefs fans here glad Clark Hunt pulled the plug on winning record/playoff bound Alex Smith? Answer honestly!

backinblack 12-28-2022 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 16693604)

Dumping Carr is the right move. Having McDaniels pick the replacement is where they're going all wrong.

this. If I had any inkling I could trust McD to make the right choice I'd feel better about this. But I don't.

notorious 12-28-2022 08:48 PM

Raid can get Mac Jones for a couple of 2nds.

NWTF 12-28-2022 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backinblack (Post 16693669)
this. If I had any inkling I could trust McD to make the right choice I'd feel better about this. But I don't.

They know he isnt good enough. Took em 9 years to figure that out, but mcDaniels will pick a bad successor no doubt. Whats funny is Carr is actually a better QB than Russell Wilson at this point but the Broncos have no choice but continue to try to make it work with him.

BryanBusby 12-28-2022 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backinblack (Post 16693669)

How do you feel about a nearly 50 year old Tom Brady?

backinblack 12-28-2022 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 16693740)
How do you feel about a nearly 50 year old Tom Brady?

miserable every time I see his name pop up in a news article and nowhere is it mentioned he's dead

backinblack 12-28-2022 08:53 PM

if Tom Brady comes to the Raiders I hope we get a Nickelodeon game next year so Patrick from Spongebob can roast him/the team

BryanBusby 12-28-2022 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backinblack (Post 16693764)
miserable every time I see his name pop up in a news article and nowhere is it mentioned he's dead

I would maybe recommend picking up some hobbies for the Fall time for the next year or so.

The logical thing for them would be to do a total tear down of the team and try it again but I can't shake this feeling they think grandpa will take them somewhere.

backinblack 12-28-2022 09:00 PM

if the Raiders leadership was logical we'd have more to show for the last 20 years

BigCatDaddy 12-28-2022 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 16693737)
Raid can get Mac Jones for a couple of 2nds.

Has to be Jimmy G!

jdubya 12-28-2022 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 16693604)
Seems to line up.

https://theathletic.com/4041696/2022...shared_article

I agree. Thank goodness McDaniels isnt the GM.

jdubya 12-28-2022 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 16693444)
Sad day.

Raiders fans are trashy today. Trashing a QB who has never badmouthed this backwards and poorly run franchise.

Chiefs fans are being more respectful.

The fan base deserves nothing but a smashing against SF and KC.

Truth be told, Raiders were going to get smashed whether Carr was starting or not lol.

Spott 12-28-2022 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdubya (Post 16693867)
Truth be told, Raiders were going to get smashed whether Carr was starting or not lol.

I actually thought it would a pretty good atmosphere watching them play the Niners this week, but not so much now. Kind of feels like they’ve already packed it in for the season even though they’re still technically alive for a wildcard spot.

jdubya 12-28-2022 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 16693879)
I actually thought it would a pretty good atmosphere watching them play the Niners this week, but not so much now. Kind of feels like they’ve already packed it in for the season even though they’re still technically alive for a wildcard spot.

Ive been hearing Allegiant will be 60/40 Niners advantage in attendance this weekend. Raider fans have been selling their tickets off and Niner fans are showing big. Raiders were not and still won't beat the Niners. There might be some curiosity about Stidham but hes no better than Carr at this point. Another Raider offseason of excitement impending.

BryanBusby 12-28-2022 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 16693879)

Losing to the Steelers basically ended it all. It would take some Herm Edwards ****ing luck to get in if they won out.

frozenchief 12-28-2022 10:49 PM

Quote:

Sell the team, Mark.

Yeah, Mark looks like a kid whose parents set up a trust because they know that when they’re dead, he’ll use a bowl to cut his hair and he needs someone in the assisted living facility to wipe his ass and make sure he eats his green beans so his poop isn’t hard as concrete.

RealSNR 12-28-2022 11:11 PM

Derek Carr sucks.

McDaniels is incompetent Patriot scum.

Water is wet.

Buehler445 12-28-2022 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16692595)
Man, the AFC just fell to shit, didn't it?

I mean the damn Chargers, who spent most of the season tripping over their own feet, clinched a playoff spot with 2 weeks left in the season. And the Steelers can still play their way in when they were just dead in the water 5 weeks ago.

Meanwhile the Dolphins are doing their damndest to take themselves out of the mix. The Patriots are proud owners of the most inexplicable loss in a decade or more and seemingly control their own destiny.

Somehow we ended up where we were last year when all the last playoff spot did was provide some weak sister an extra game they have no business playing...

Right?

Buffalo is good
Cinci is good
We are good. (Remember when we were supposed to suck)

Ravens less Lamar suuuuuuuck. But somehow not as much as the opponent every week.
Chargers tried to fail, but went ahead and failed to fail. **** that's annoying.
Miami sold out to win, They're probably going to be .500 after next week. Monumental Failure
Titans ate a mound of shit and are probably going to lose the division? It's inexplicable.
Jags are a surprise, but they aren't ready yet. Pedersen needs a victory lap.
Cheatriots with their highest paid WR/TE room were supposed to build on Mac. LOL **** they suck.
Jets are a surprise, but they aren't beating anybody.

That rounds out the playoff race :facepalm:

Browns absolutely sold out, should have been in playoff contention when Watson started. Who is averaging somewhere in the 160 yards per game range and are last in a shit division. L. O. L.

Donk is inexplicably bad. Who would have thought Drew Lock and Vic Fangio would put out an offense that would vastly outperform Paul Hacketts moron ass kid and Russell Wilson. Then to have their defense quit and get blown out by 30 points by a shit Rams team with a cast off Baker Mayfield and a RB that quit a few weeks back. No draft picks. No cap. Fired their shitheel coach. Tied to Russell Wilson for like 5 ****ing years. Quite the accomplishment for a total sell out to beat the Chiefs in a down year.
Couldn't happen to a better bunch of one who sucks the peniss. **** DONK FOREVER.

Faid were a Highest paid WR (For a week or so) away. Lost games in record setting fashion. Stuck with a Brother****ing Cheatriot ****bag who is choosing to roll with...*checks notes*....Yep a Brother****ing Cheatriot Castoff Brady Backup. Excellent work for a team that is gunning for the Chiefs. But hey, they're ahead of the Donkos.

Colts thought they could win the south by having Matt Ryan hand off to Taylor. That's actually not a terrible plan, but MAN, what a bomb.

Yeah, the AFC crashed and burned.

Jets and Jags overperformed, Steelers about what they were expected to be. Everybody else except the top 3 has to be disappointed.

Nickhead 12-29-2022 03:56 AM

at least he was better than his brother :thumb: :D

chinaski 12-29-2022 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backinblack (Post 16693780)
if Tom Brady comes to the Raiders I hope we get a Nickelodeon game next year so Patrick from Spongebob can roast him/the team

:thumb::thumb:

lawrenceRaider 12-29-2022 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16694012)

Faid were a Highest paid WR (For a week or so) away. Lost games in record setting fashion. Stuck with a Brother****ing Cheatriot ****bag who is choosing to roll with...*checks notes*....Yep a Brother****ing Cheatriot Castoff Brady Backup. Excellent work for a team that is gunning for the Chiefs. But hey, they're ahead of the Donkos.

Mark Davis is the problem in Vegas. Raiders won't ever get anything more than mediocre under his leadership. Kudos to Mark for getting a new stadium, but I figure the league is likely looking for a way to shove him out of ownership.

chiefzilla1501 12-29-2022 08:27 AM

Got no reason to hate Derek Carr other than being a raider. Seems like a genuinely good dude, shitty QB. Feel bad for him but also superstoked it's happening you the raiders. why is nobody surprised McDaniels hands the ball off to an ex Patriots QB.

Feels like McDaniels is lobbing Carr directly under the bus so he can ride the narrative that the issues are all about the QB.

Hammock Parties 12-29-2022 08:39 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FlFrdYRX...jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FlFrdYWX...g&name=900x900

smithandrew051 12-29-2022 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 16694129)
Got no reason to hate Derek Carr other than being a raider. Seems like a genuinely good dude, shitty QB. Feel bad for him but also superstoked it's happening you the raiders. why is nobody surprised McDaniels hands the ball off to an ex Patriots QB.

Feels like McDaniels is lobbing Carr directly under the bus so he can ride the narrative that the issues are all about the QB.

It really all comes down to who the Raiders have at QB next.

If they improve, this will look like a genius move. If they get worse, McDaniels is toast.

notorious 12-29-2022 08:54 AM

Several legit gripes by the RC guy.

duncan_idaho 12-29-2022 08:56 AM

I don't dislike Derek Carr other than him being a member of the Raiders.

So I feel bad about thinking this is hilarious.

McDaniels has shown us what a fraud he is. As every Patriots coaching tree disciple has, save for the one who got fired in ridiculous fashion (Flores).

Why doesn't the NFL believe it when this coaching tree shows what a joke it is?

Mangini
Crennel
BoB
McDaniels
Petricia
Judge

on and on and on it goes.

louie aguiar 12-29-2022 09:00 AM

This is such a break for us. I really thought that game at LV would be really tough but now it should be much easier. Derek Carr isn’t great but he’s capable of some big games especially with Adams, Renfrow and Waller all healthy.

New World Order 12-29-2022 09:00 AM

Derek Carr is horse blanket

DJJasonp 12-29-2022 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 16694143)

McDaniels has shown us what a fraud he is. As every Patriots coaching tree disciple has, save for the one who got fired in ridiculous fashion (Flores).

Mangini
Crennel
BoB
McDaniels
Petricia
Judge

Agreed….but is Vrabel considered a bb disciple?

Hammock Parties 12-29-2022 09:04 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I’ve informed my clients that Kent Analytics is boycotting the remainder of the NFL Regular Season due to recent developments regarding Derek Carr. This means that we will not be accepting new clients at this time.<br><br>We ask that you respect our privacy during this trying time.</p>&mdash; NFL Data Analyst | Harrison P. Kent IV (@harrisonpkent) <a href="https://twitter.com/harrisonpkent/status/1608444201540415488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 29, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hammock Parties 12-29-2022 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louie aguiar (Post 16694148)
This is such a break for us. I really thought that game at LV would be really tough but now it should be much easier. Derek Carr isn’t great but he’s capable of some big games especially with Adams, Renfrow and Waller all healthy.

casshole 2

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/E90T...778674/003.gif

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/-8ln...778697/006.gif

lawrenceRaider 12-29-2022 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16694157)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I’ve informed my clients that Kent Analytics is boycotting the remainder of the NFL Regular Season due to recent developments regarding Derek Carr. This means that we will not be accepting new clients at this time.<br><br>We ask that you respect our privacy during this trying time.</p>&mdash; NFL Data Analyst | Harrison P. Kent IV (@harrisonpkent) <a href="https://twitter.com/harrisonpkent/status/1608444201540415488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 29, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Never heard of them.

Hammock Parties 12-29-2022 09:15 AM

it's literally casshole!

Strengths

Intelligent with ability to decipher defenses

Adequate size and arm strength

Makes good decisions from RPO looks

Comfortable throwing from true play-action and rollouts

Above-average move accuracy

Good recognition to wait for throwing lanes to clear

Sound footwork and mechanics from the pocket

Classic over-the-top release

Ball comes out of his hands with clean, tight spiral

Above-average touch throwing to all three levels

Good back shoulder passer

Competitive open-field runner as scrambler

Willing to put his head down and find tough yards to secure first downs.

Weaknesses

Became antsy and unsure due to excessive pressure

Drops eyes and loses some poise when pressure mounts

Will void and run rather than sliding and scanning from pocket

Needs to throw with better anticipation

Unlikely to beat defenses with arm talent alone

Needs to step and drive his throws

Ball placement and accuracy fell off in 2018

Below-average deep ball accuracy

lawrenceRaider 12-29-2022 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 16694155)

Didn't he also work with Reid?

Hammock Parties 12-29-2022 09:20 AM

Quote:

holy **** what?

he only spent his entire ****ing career there

what's the first thing he did in TEN?

VETERAN RETREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

duncan_idaho 12-29-2022 09:21 AM

Quote:

He played there, but was never a coach under Belichick. He coached under Crennel in Houston, though, so I guess you could SORT OF put him in the Belichick tree.

But he was a guy that was viewed as a clear future coach at every stop (Pittsburgh, New England, Kansas City) as a player, so he's an anomoly to me.

tredadda 12-29-2022 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 16694105)
Mark Davis is the problem in Vegas. Raiders won't ever get anything more than mediocre under his leadership. Kudos to Mark for getting a new stadium, but I figure the league is likely looking for a way to shove him out of ownership.

Between Davis, McDaniels, and Carr the Raiders got rid of the least of the problems. Mark Davis is an embarrassment to the legacy of his father. McDaniels has been rumored to have said he can turn any HS QB into an All Pro. He has been spoiled by Brady and that has gone to his head. He will fail in LV (as the track record of Belechick coaches will prove).

They will most likely make a run at Brady who is washed up and is getting by on name alone. He might finish with a losing record on a talented TB team while playing in the awful NFCS. If he comes to LV he won’t be the savior that management thinks he will be. All he will do is push out the Raiders chances of winning anything significant for years.

scho63 12-29-2022 09:22 AM

I am really surprised at how Derek Carr turned out. He throws a nice ball and seemed to have the tools. Just never got to the next level.

Oxford 12-29-2022 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backinblack (Post 16693764)

So much irony........ Brady (shiver) is the GOAT and to be universally despised.

Is the whole Carr situation the lack of money in LV? It always seems there are rumors about finances around "son of Greasy"

Oxford 12-29-2022 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 16694181)
I am really surprised at how Derek Carr turned out. He throws a nice ball and seemed to have the tools. Just never got to the next level.

Not a perfect QB, BUT in the right environment he'd be more successful

Buehler445 12-29-2022 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 16694129)

I think he is a decent dude, but I'm not sure I'd call him "shitty". I mean, if I was a Raider fan I'd probably be pissed and want him gone. Especially with Herbert and Mohomes BOTH in division.

But if we're being honest, I think he's about average. Meaning they can do a ****load worse. I mean objectively I think I'd rather have him than Alex. And I'm pretty soft on Alex.

Just back of the napkin, here's where I'd rank him.

Obviously below
Mahomes
Allen
Burrow
Lamar
Unless he is consistently injured moving forward
Hurts
Cousins
It's probably time to acknowledge Cousins is better

About the same as
Tua - but there is a real argument that he's better
Mike White (ish) I think he'll end up being better than White
Trevor Lawrence At least right now they're the same dude.
Tannehill
Davis Mills
Carr is probably better but it's hard to tell.
Dak
Daniel Jones
Garroppolo/Purdy

Geno - If Geno proves this isn't a flash in the pan, Geno is better. If not Carr is better.
Stafford Dude looks done,. If he gets back to form hes better if not he's worse
Kyler provided he doesn't implode
Goff
Rodgers

Better than
Mac/Zappe
Zach Wilson
(LOL That dude is shit)
EmbaRuss (**** Donk Forever LOL)
Tyler Huntley
Trubisky
LOL
Pickett
Watson - At least right now. Maybe not if he gets going... But yeah, that's ugly
Brissett
Matt Ryan/Foles/Sam Enigher
Jeff Driskel
Heineke/Wentz
Baker
Fields
Brady
Darnold
Dalton/Hill
Mariota

Mother****er, that's a lot of dudes that Carr is better than, and that isn't even including salary and shit. For instance, I'd probably rather have Carr than Kyler.

I mean, they might get Mahomes, but they might also get Zach Wilson

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 16694143)

Mangini
Crennel
BoB
McDaniels
Petricia
Judge

Man, Flores gettting fired and him being a cut and paste ex-Brother****ing Cheatriot ****bag are absolutely not mutually exclusive.

I will not refute that his firing was a clown show. But that dude was also a clown show with what he did to Tua. I've been consistent from the first time he pulled Tua for Fitzmagic when the game got tight. That is absolutely ridiculous and completely unacceptable in 2021. Moreover, I would bet the farm that if given the chance, he was going to fail. Miserably. Like every other ex-Brother****ing Cheatriot ****bag.

Buehler445 12-29-2022 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 16694181)

I think it's all between his ears. If he's feeling himself and seeing the field, he's really ****ing good.

If he's not feeling it, doesn't have the confidence, or isn't seeing the field, he's going to **** it up.

He's the definition of hot/cold.