ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2019 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321710)

Chief Northman 03-20-2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14171134)
The Indianapolis Colts select Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama

Marlon Mack simply can’t be a bell cow, and I think this offense needs one. Not overly excited about taking a RB here, but he’s a first round talent that can have an immediate impact. With Jacobs/Mack, Hilton, Enron, and that OL Luck has no excuses.

The whole “you don’t draft running back high” narrative is getting tired. I’ve seen some big boards that have Jacobs as a top 12-15 talent. He punishes with his running style, he can run both inside and out, and his pass catching is fantastic. He’s a three down back with low mileage coming out of college that can be on the field in any situation. The fact that “attrition” devalues the position does not mean there aren’t some phenomenal athletes that can boost an offense in this class from day one, and Jacobs is the cream of the crop.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14171134)
The Indianapolis Colts select Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama

Marlon Mack simply can’t be a bell cow, and I think this offense needs one. Not overly excited about taking a RB here, but he’s a first round talent that can have an immediate impact. With Jacobs/Mack, Hilton, Enron, and that OL Luck has no excuses.

Buffalo's GM thanks you for sparing him the ignominy of taking the first RB of the draft but also recognizes that you got a damn good one...

Hoover 03-20-2019 05:07 PM

I love doing this draft, but I do think that the number of defensive homers who participate in it doesn't make it all that realistic.

Rain Man 03-20-2019 05:09 PM

The center and the quarterback are the two players who hold the ball on every snap. Without a center, your quarterback is useless.

staylor26 03-20-2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14171189)
Buffalo's GM thanks you for sparing him the ignominy of taking the first RB of the draft but also recognizes that you got a damn good one...

Lol glad I can help after ****ing the Chiefs (along with many others). Still having 2 more picks in the next two rounds makes it a little easier to swallow.

staylor26 03-20-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14171191)
I love doing this draft, but I do think that the number of defensive homers who participate in it doesn't make it all that realistic.

Oh yea CP LOVES defense. How else did Mahomes make it all the way to 27?

CoMoChief 03-20-2019 05:16 PM

San Francisco 49ers select Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn State

*Richard Sherman isn't the CB he once was, and will be 31 here in 10 days... 49ers GM thinks it's a good idea to start looking at the big picture going forward.*

-NYG (TambaBerry) is on the clock-

TambaBerry 03-20-2019 05:52 PM

the New York Giants select A.J. Brown WR Ole Miss

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14171272)
the New York Giants select A.J. Brown WR Ole Miss

That's a great pick for them that will never happen.

I cannot imagine only one WR going in the first...

staylor26 03-20-2019 06:25 PM

Love Brown. I honestly would be ok with the Chiefs taking him at 29, just like one of the TE’s.

TambaBerry 03-20-2019 07:03 PM

This would be like a dream draft for them

Chief Northman 03-20-2019 07:06 PM

The Jacksonville Jaguars select Hakeem Butler, WR, Iowa State

The Jags try to take advantage of Nick Foles’ deep pass ability, and provide him a big, contested catch beast in Butler. There are more refined receivers, and Butler does not have the greatest hands, but he is a physical mismatch and reeks havoc in the open field once he catches the ball.

Sfeihc 03-20-2019 07:26 PM

It's a run on WRs in the CP Mock and a run on Bucks for the Bucs.

The Bucs have traded away DeSean Jackson and lost Adam Humphries to FA.

Fear not as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Parris Campbell, WR, OSU.

RealSNR 03-20-2019 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14171302)
That's a great pick for them that will never happen.

I cannot imagine only one WR going in the first...

The issue with me was that while there's a big chunk of them that all seem to be pretty good players who could get taken in the 1st, there just wasn't one of them that stood out as being better than the rest. You could take what you think is the 2nd or 3rd best WR in the draft and then quite easily see him slide into the back of the 2nd round.

Like, I think Parris Campbell is better than all of these guys. Even Metcalf. Was I confident enough to say that I didn't stand a good chance of him being there at the Packers pick in the 2nd round? Not at all, and I really couldn't say that about Brown or Butler either, who went before Campbell just now.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-20-2019 07:56 PM

Jeez, the Raiders could look a lot better after this draft...