ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News 17 dead after duck boat capsizes on Table Rock Lake (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316341)

Stinger 07-23-2018 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 13640325)
Who’s Leeta Bigbee? She’s the one who gets the money from that account. The very first interview Tia did from the hospital bed she was asking for funds to help because of all that was lost.

"The GoFundMe campaign was set up by Coleman's sister, Leeta Bigbe. So far, more than 10,000 people have contributed."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/23/healt...rnd/index.html

cooper barrett 07-23-2018 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 13640113)
How did the Taney County Morque manage 17 corpses?

Walk in cooler at the IGA Butcher shop?"

DaFace 07-23-2018 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger (Post 13640157)
Almost to $470,000 now. If anybody is interested....

https://www.gofundme.com/branson-duck-boat-survivor

I have love/hate feelings about these kinds of things. I'm happy she's getting some money, but I wish there were a better way of seeing what they actually need. I would hope that at least some of the family members had life insurance, and down the road I have to imagine they'll at least get some level of money from the inevitable lawsuit. (Granted, the latter could take years.)

loochy 07-23-2018 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 13640386)
Former NTSB Chairman James Hall said Saturday that the boat’s design makes the World War II-era vessels prone to the kind of accidents that led to the Thursday’s sinking. Hall said the amphibious vessel should be banned from such use.

I might side with James Hall on this argument.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...f1d_story.html

The ****ing morons took it out in a storm. WTF? Don't blame the boat for assinine behavior.

Oh no! My RWD Ford dually skidded off the road and killed someone when I drove it in the ice! This is the truck's fault!

luv 07-23-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13640404)
I have love/hate feelings about these kinds of things. I'm happy she's getting some money, but I wish there were a better way of seeing what they actually need. I would hope that at least some of the family members had life insurance, and down the road I have to imagine they'll at least get some level of money from the inevitable lawsuit. (Granted, the latter could take years.)

Ride the Ducks has already offered to pay for all of the medical and funeral expenses of all of the victims. Thought it was cool of them to do that before getting sued.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-23-2018 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13640404)

I don't have any hate feelings for this. Hope she never has to work again.

loochy 07-23-2018 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 13640429)
Ride the Ducks has already offered to pay for all of the medical and funeral expenses of all of the victims. Thought it was cool of them to do that before getting sued.

Well they should...but they were going to have to pay that anyway. At least they are doing the right thing now and not making the families go through the fight of getting it paid for.
Posted via Mobile Device

Eleazar 07-23-2018 02:04 PM

Two incidents in what, 40 years of these things driving around different places all over the country, every day, carrying hundreds of people?

loochy 07-23-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13640471)
Two incidents in what, 40 years of these things driving around different places all over the country, every day, carrying hundreds of people?

DEATH TRAPS! BAN ALL THE THINGS!
Posted via Mobile Device

Flying High D 07-23-2018 02:06 PM

Duck Boats Matter.

cooper barrett 07-23-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 13640429)

To be reimbursed by the insurance company......

loochy 07-23-2018 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13640506)

They still have to front it. It's not a trivial expenditure. They know their man messed up and they'll have their tail between their legs for a while.

luv 07-23-2018 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13640506)

They could have made the families wait until after claims were made.

cooper barrett 07-23-2018 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13640471)

Most incidents were caused by poor maintenance (Lake Hamilton) On road they have had axles break and cause crashes and have have accidents in city traffic.

And I would guess the boats have served hundreds of thousands, if not into the millions of people.

Oz_Chief 07-23-2018 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 13640113)
How did the Taney County Morque manage 17 corpses?

It’s common for a Medical Examiner/Coroner office to have arrangements with other offices to handle storage issues. Funeral homes may provide temporary storage space for example. I do not know how storage was handled in this particular case.