ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293623)

George Liquor 06-13-2017 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12914997)
That's a good deal. I had a 26 for years - didn't really care for the way it fit my hand, so I sold it to one of my friends. Great gun, though.

Make sure whatever holster you get will fit that laser if you plan to leave it on. Also, if you plan to carry it, you should check to make sure that your state, county or municipality doesn't have any restrictions on lasers. As stupid as that sounds, it does happen.

Kansas is pretty gun friendly, so i doubt it.. but I'll look into it. I might take it off and hawk it, I'm indifferent to laser sights.

Dunit35 06-13-2017 07:05 PM

Shot 100 rnds out of the Tavor today. That is such a sweet shooting gun. So easy to maneuver with. Our range master has approved me using it. Need the chiefs permission now and I'm not feeling too confident on that.

Frazod 06-13-2017 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 12915320)
Kansas is pretty gun friendly, so i doubt it.. but I'll look into it. I might take it off and hawk it, I'm indifferent to laser sights.

Agreed. If you can shoot you don't need one.

Dunit35 06-16-2017 04:08 PM

Told you guys PSA sucks balls.

Frazod 06-16-2017 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 12919677)
Told you guys PSA sucks balls.

LMAO you crack me up

Delaney37 06-17-2017 05:49 AM

Natchez Shooters Supply has been flooding my inbox with optics deals this week so I figured I'd pass them along. Enjoy browsing :D

https://www.natchezss.com/optics/rif...n&ribbon=29,33

Trivers 06-17-2017 09:13 AM

About time this bill was introduced:

https://americansuppressorassociatio...ign=061617-pof

In 2011, the American Suppressor Association formed with one primary goal in mind: remove suppressors from the purview of the National Firearms Act. For years, we worked behind the scenes in Washington, D.C. to set the stage for Rep. Salmon’s Hearing Protection Act of 2015 (H.R. 3799, S. 59). Following Rep. Salmon’s retirement from the legislature, the bill has gained new primary sponsors who have reintroduced it.

On January 9, 2017, Rep. Jeff Duncan and Rep. John Carter reintroduced the Duncan-Carter Hearing Protection Act of 2017 (H.R. 367), to cut through the red tape on owning firearm suppressors. Senator Mike Crapo also reintroduced the Hearing Protection Act (S.59) in the Senate. The Hearing Protection Act will remove suppressors from the scope of the National Firearms Act (NFA), replacing the outdated federal transfer process with an instantaneous National Instant Criminal Background Check (NICS). The bill also includes a tax credit provision for the $200 transfer tax on any suppressor purchased after October 22, 2015, which was the original date of introduction. In stark contrast, many countries in Europe place no regulations on their purchase, possession, or use.

As we fight for our right to shoot quietly, we need your help to make sure our voice is heard loud and clear on Capitol Hill. Please take the time to fill out the form below so that you can send an email to your Representatives and Senators to let them know that you support the Hearing Protection Act.

The path to victory will not be easy, but if we work together and make our voices heard, we will ultimately prevail. We look forward to the day when we are no longer taxed to protect our hearing while exercising our Second Amendment rights at the range, and in the field. Together, we can ensure that future generations of sportsmen and women will no longer have to sacrifice their hearing.

CONTACT YOUR LEGISLATORS TODAY!

Dunit35 06-17-2017 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trivers (Post 12920461)
About time this bill was introduced:

https://americansuppressorassociatio...ign=061617-pof

In 2011, the American Suppressor Association formed with one primary goal in mind: remove suppressors from the purview of the National Firearms Act. For years, we worked behind the scenes in Washington, D.C. to set the stage for Rep. Salmon’s Hearing Protection Act of 2015 (H.R. 3799, S. 59). Following Rep. Salmon’s retirement from the legislature, the bill has gained new primary sponsors who have reintroduced it.

On January 9, 2017, Rep. Jeff Duncan and Rep. John Carter reintroduced the Duncan-Carter Hearing Protection Act of 2017 (H.R. 367), to cut through the red tape on owning firearm suppressors. Senator Mike Crapo also reintroduced the Hearing Protection Act (S.59) in the Senate. The Hearing Protection Act will remove suppressors from the scope of the National Firearms Act (NFA), replacing the outdated federal transfer process with an instantaneous National Instant Criminal Background Check (NICS). The bill also includes a tax credit provision for the $200 transfer tax on any suppressor purchased after October 22, 2015, which was the original date of introduction. In stark contrast, many countries in Europe place no regulations on their purchase, possession, or use.

As we fight for our right to shoot quietly, we need your help to make sure our voice is heard loud and clear on Capitol Hill. Please take the time to fill out the form below so that you can send an email to your Representatives and Senators to let them know that you support the Hearing Protection Act.

The path to victory will not be easy, but if we work together and make our voices heard, we will ultimately prevail. We look forward to the day when we are no longer taxed to protect our hearing while exercising our Second Amendment rights at the range, and in the field. Together, we can ensure that future generations of sportsmen and women will no longer have to sacrifice their hearing.

CONTACT YOUR LEGISLATORS TODAY!

It'd be nice if this would pass. Purchased my suppressor back in April and it'd be cool to get my $200 back. Whether in a check or a tax credit.

Frazod, I scored a Trijicon MRO on eBay today for $385 without a mount.

kjwood75nro 06-17-2017 09:40 PM

Got my Nikon M-308 today. Thankfully the wheat harvest got delayed so I could get home and bring it in before the rain tonight.

Looks pretty sharp and snazzy with a sunshade attached. Probably never get to attempt an 800 yard shot as the scope advertises, but no biggie.

Hopefully, my (still unarrived) PSA .308 isn't shit because that's what it's going on.

Frazod 06-17-2017 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 12920778)
It'd be nice if this would pass. Purchased my suppressor back in April and it'd be cool to get my $200 back. Whether in a check or a tax credit.

Frazod, I scored a Trijicon MRO on eBay today for $385 without a mount.

That's a great price. :thumb:

Frazod 06-17-2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjwood75nro (Post 12921101)
Got my Nikon M-308 today. Thankfully the wheat harvest got delayed so I could get home and bring it in before the rain tonight.

Looks pretty sharp and snazzy with a sunshade attached. Probably never get to attempt an 800 yard shot as the scope advertises, but no biggie.

Hopefully, my (still unarrived) PSA .308 isn't shit because that's what it's going on.

I'm sure it will be fine. Got my last AR from them and haven't had any issues with it.

kjwood75nro 06-17-2017 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12921126)
I'm sure it will be fine. Got my last AR from them and haven't had any issues with it.

Seems that much of the forum issues were people in the "assembling" game of AR platforms, and there were compatibility issues. Additionally, some of PSA's proprietary parts weren't up to snuff.

I couldn't find much about fully assembled rifles, but I figure there's no way to lose with a .308 AR with a Magpul stock and SS free-float barrel with a flattop...for $700.

Frazod 06-18-2017 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjwood75nro (Post 12921133)
Seems that much of the forum issues were people in the "assembling" game of AR platforms, and there were compatibility issues. Additionally, some of PSA's proprietary parts weren't up to snuff.

I couldn't find much about fully assembled rifles, but I figure there's no way to lose with a .308 AR with a Magpul stock and SS free-float barrel with a flattop...for $700.

I assume my PSA Frankenrifle was assembled in the same manner, and like I said, it was fine. I did switch out the BCG, charging handle and trigger for higher quality components, though.

notorious 06-18-2017 12:45 PM

http://acidcow.com/pics/20160922/girls_guns_06.gif

notorious 06-18-2017 12:46 PM

Still my fav.

http://acidcow.com/pics/20160922/girls_guns_07.gif

Frazod 06-18-2017 06:02 PM

Well.... um.... I forgot what I was going to say....

Oh wait, I've settled on an ankle gun. Went to the local shop today to do some comparisons. The winner is the Ruger LC9s. Wins in size and weight, the cost is just above what I can get a Shield for, and it has good reviews. CDNN also has them on sale for $300. So I can get that and a solid holster for just under $400.

notorious 06-18-2017 06:40 PM

I hope you like it Fraz. I am not a fan of the LC9.

kjwood75nro 06-18-2017 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12921833)
I hope you like it Fraz. I am not a fan of the LC9.

If I got one, it'd have to be the Pro version with the shorter trigger pull.

Frazod 06-18-2017 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjwood75nro (Post 12921876)
If I got one, it'd have to be the Pro version with the shorter trigger pull.

Yeah, that's the one.

Frazod 06-18-2017 08:09 PM

https://www.cdnnsports.com/rugerr-lc...U#.WUcyGWjytr4

https://www.cdnnsports.com/media/cat...u/rug03248.jpg

Dunit35 06-18-2017 09:37 PM

I had a Ruger SR9c once and didn't care for it. I do like their stainless 1911 commander.

I picked up an American Defense lower 1/3 QD mount for the MRO today. Their website has it for $86 with shipping at LEO price. Scored it on primaryarms.com for $76. Cost me $461 for the mount and MRO.

Now, I hope opticsplanet will give me a refund on that Eotech instead of a store credit. If not, I have $386 to spend there. Their MRO and QD mounts were in the mid $500's.

I do need a weapon light for my Tavor.

Frazod 06-18-2017 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 12922039)
I had a Ruger SR9c once and didn't care for it. I do like their stainless 1911 commander.

I picked up an American Defense lower 1/3 QD mount for the MRO today. Their website has it for $86 with shipping at LEO price. Scored it on primaryarms.com for $76. Cost me $461 for the mount and MRO.

Now, I hope opticsplanet will give me a refund on that Eotech instead of a store credit. If not, I have $386 to spend there. Their MRO and QD mounts were in the mid $500's.

I do need a weapon light for my Tavor.

Apparently the striker fire version, which I ordered just now, is a vast improvement over the hammer fire version. The trigger is much better. Also, any gun I buy goes straight to my gunsmith for tweaking before I ever use it, so that should mitigate any performance problems I might have out of the box.

And if it ends up being a turd, I'll just get something else. This is the cheapest gun I've bought in forever.

Dunit35 06-18-2017 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12922042)
Apparently the striker fire version, which I ordered just now, is a vast improvement over the hammer fire version. The trigger is much better. Also, any gun I buy goes straight to my gunsmith for tweaking before I ever use it, so that should mitigate any performance problems I might have out of the box.

And if it ends up being a turd, I'll just get something else. This is the cheapest gun I've bought in forever.

I know of one officer who has the LC9 but he's kind of a douche. When we do talk I try to avoid potential long discussions with him.

I do remember him shooting it at the range one day, without issues. This was 4-5 years ago.

Frazod 06-18-2017 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 12922067)
I know of one officer who has the LC9 but he's kind of a douche. When we do talk I try to avoid potential long discussions with him.

I do remember him shooting it at the range one day, without issues. This was 4-5 years ago.

While I do expect it to be fully reliable, I'll never use it as my go-to carry gun. That's what the CZ's for. It will be used pretty much only when the go-to carry gun isn't an option. For such a small gun, it does have decent capacity. 7+1 should be able to get you out of most scrapes.

Dunit35 06-18-2017 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12922070)
While I do expect it to be fully reliable, I'll never use it as my go-to carry gun. That's what the CZ's for. It will be used pretty much only when the go-to carry gun isn't an option. For such a small gun, it does have decent capacity. 7+1 should be able to get you out of most scrapes.

Have you shot any of those Sig P938 or whatever the CCW 9mm is? Those look so nice but pricey.

My next gun will be the M&P 2.0 for duty use. The grip on it is incredible.

Frazod 06-18-2017 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 12922077)
Have you shot any of those Sig P938 or whatever the CCW 9mm is? Those look so nice but pricey.

My next gun will be the M&P 2.0 for duty use. The grip on it is incredible.

I did have them take a P938 out of the case for me today. While I liked the size, it was much heavier and far more expensive than the other guns I looked at. It also had a safety, which I don't really want on anything I'm carrying, especially something I'm not going to carry often.

Haven't seen the new M&P, but I did like the grip on the 9c I had.

Frazod 06-19-2017 08:04 AM

Well, CDNN is certainly fast. I ordered the Ruger last night, and I already got a FedEx notification this morning. My FFL guy should have it by Wednesday.

Hope he'll be around - I haven't even had a chance to call him yet. :D

Dunit35 06-19-2017 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12922198)
Well, CDNN is certainly fast. I ordered the Ruger last night, and I already got a FedEx notification this morning. My FFL guy should have it by Wednesday.

Hope he'll be around - I haven't even had a chance to call him yet. :D

Good deal. If it were PSA, you'd see it in 2018.

Frazod 06-19-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 12922234)
Good deal. If it were PSA, you'd see it in 2018.

LMAO

Dunit35 06-19-2017 09:18 AM

One of my buddies ordered a complete lower from them. It took over two weeks for him to get it. It's 2017, it shouldn't take that long to get anything.

SAUTO 06-19-2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12912842)
Does anybody regularly ankle carry? Any thoughts/recommendations would be appreciated.

I don't, just don't feel it really works there.

SAUTO 06-19-2017 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 12922243)
One of my buddies ordered a complete lower from them. It took over two weeks for him to get it. It's 2017, it shouldn't take that long to get anything.

ROFL you worry WAY more than I do about that shit. But hey...You be you. No offense meant.

Frazod 06-19-2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12922871)
I don't, just don't feel it really works there.

I've watched a few videos on it. Apparently if you're carjacked, it's easier to draw from the ankle than the waste, especially if you have your seatbelt on. It also seems like it might be easier to hide your intentions if you're seated at a table as well - you can lift your leg up so that there's no arm movement that would make it obvious you were about to draw.

That being said, I doubt if I'll carry in this manner regularly. But it will be nice to have that option.

Randallflagg 06-19-2017 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12922898)
I've watched a few videos on it. Apparently if you're carjacked, it's easier to draw from the ankle than the waste, especially if you have your seatbelt on. It also seems like it might be easier to hide your intentions if you're seated at a table as well - you can lift your leg up so that there's no arm movement that would make it obvious you were about to draw.

That being said, I doubt if I'll carry in this manner regularly. But it will be nice to have that option.

I recently bought a "car kit" for my carry gun from alien gear. Pretty neat little device - attaches directly to your lower dash and holds the gun in place. You can reach it in an instant.

FWIW - I also ran across the Trackline gun belt....Believe me, I have tried every gun belt on the damned market. The Trackline is an absolute WINNER!!

Frazod 06-19-2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiStateNo (Post 12922911)
I recently bought a "car kit" for my carry gun from alien gear. Pretty neat little device - attaches directly to your lower dash and holds the gun in place. You can reach it in an instant.

FWIW - I also ran across the Trackline gun belt....Believe me, I have tried every gun belt on the damned market. The Trackline is an absolute WINNER!!

I've thought about the car kit - my main reservation is whether or not it will be visible when I'm not in the car. My car is in a train station parking lot 11 hours a day while I'm 35 miles away. If anybody looking to break into a vehicle sees it, it would definitely give them added incentive to check mine if they thought a weapon might be stowed elsewhere.

And I don't remember where I got it, but I've got a really sturdy belt that I bought with carrying in mind. It's still in excellent shape.

SAUTO 06-19-2017 07:11 PM

This is no ****ing joke, if I'm in a place I think I may need a gun I keep it in my hand. Other than that I think I can deal.

But I also took a round through the bill of my cap recently.

notorious 06-19-2017 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12922989)

But I also took a round through the bill of my cap recently.

Welp, we need to hear the story on this one. LMAO

SAUTO 06-19-2017 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12922993)
Welp, we need to hear the story on this one. LMAO

I'll tell it when I sit down at a computer.

notorious 06-19-2017 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12923000)

:thumb:

Frazod 06-19-2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12923000)

Hopefully it's good enough to get me off the hook for the refrigerator. :grovel:

notorious 06-19-2017 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12923036)
Hopefully it's good enough to get me off the hook for the refrigerator. :grovel:

http://www.troll.me/images/darth-vad...cape-thumb.jpg

SAUTO 06-19-2017 07:46 PM

I've got great stories, you guys wanna subscribe to my mailing list?

ROFL. SERIOUSLY. I still can't ural about most of it.

I.do have a thread to start about life and it's coming soon

Frazod 06-19-2017 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12923053)

****er. nlm

Randallflagg 06-20-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12922927)
I've thought about the car kit - my main reservation is whether or not it will be visible when I'm not in the car. My car is in a train station parking lot 11 hours a day while I'm 35 miles away. If anybody looking to break into a vehicle sees it, it would definitely give them added incentive to check mine if they thought a weapon might be stowed elsewhere.

And I don't remember where I got it, but I've got a really sturdy belt that I bought with carrying in mind. It's still in excellent shape.

I own a Dodge 1500 - and the little attachment piece (your entire holster sits in it) is barely noticeable. Actually, you got me to thinking so I went out to the truck and looked through the windows...nothing.

This new system that alien gear is coming out with is truly amazing.

http://aliengearholsters.com

Dunit35 06-20-2017 04:10 PM

M&P Shield 9mm now $200 on PSA after $75 rebate.

Frazod 06-20-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 12924219)
M&P Shield 9mm now $200 on PSA after $75 rebate.

I know. I came sooooooooo close to getting that, but in the end, it was too big for what I wanted.

Dunit35 06-20-2017 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12924226)
I know. I came sooooooooo close to getting that, but in the end, it was too big for what I wanted.

I'm fighting the urge now. My wife needs a CCW but I think it'd be best if she actually tried some out first.

I should've let her shoot my Shield last time we went out.

Her favorite gun I own is my Colt Lightweight Commander 45acp. It's 4.25" of pure awesomeness. Just the way she likes it.

Frazod 06-20-2017 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiStateNo (Post 12924010)
I own a Dodge 1500 - and the little attachment piece (your entire holster sits in it) is barely noticeable. Actually, you got me to thinking so I went out to the truck and looked through the windows...nothing.

This new system that alien gear is coming out with is truly amazing.

http://aliengearholsters.com

I think it would be a bit easier to peer in the windows of a Ford Escape. :)

Frazod 06-21-2017 09:21 PM

My new toy.

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...8a&oe=59E3B1E3

Dunit35 06-21-2017 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12925912)

Nice. You liking it?

Frazod 06-21-2017 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 12925917)
Nice. You liking it?

I'll let you know after I get back from the range. Probably Friday.

But it cycles the ammo we make just fine. I don't anticipate any problems.

GloryDayz 06-21-2017 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12925912)

http://giant.gfycat.com/MediocreUnfi...averspider.gif

Frazod 06-21-2017 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12925940)

I like it. :D

Dunit35 06-21-2017 09:58 PM

I got my American Defense mount today. It feels top notch and goes nicely with the MRO. Only added 2.3 oz on top of the 4.1 oz MRO.

I also added a VFG and removed the cutless style pistol grip on my Tavor. I added a regular pistol grip for it. The VFG feels a lot more comfortable than your basic handguard grip. I still place part of my grip on the handguard.

One super uncomfortable thing is the rail system. I can't imagine the feels while shooting with the rails exposed. Anybody have any luck with Magpul rail covers? I'll have to try them and hope it feels much better.

Frazod 06-21-2017 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 12925949)
I got my American Defense mount today. It feels top notch and goes nicely with the MRO. Only added 2.3 oz on top of the 4.1 oz MRO.

I also added a VFG and removed the cutless style pistol grip on my Tavor. I added a regular pistol grip for it. The VFG feels a lot more comfortable than your basic handguard grip. I still place part of my grip on the handguard.

One super uncomfortable thing is the rail system. I can't imagine the feels while shooting with the rails exposed. Anybody have any luck with Magpul rail covers? I'll have to try them and hope it feels much better.

The ladder-style rail covers are great. Completely effective. The rail panels are too bulky.

Dunit35 06-21-2017 10:27 PM

I was looking at the Magpul enhanced rail covers.
www.magpul.com/products/xtm-enhanced-rail-panels

Frazod 06-21-2017 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 12925973)
I was looking at the Magpul enhanced rail covers.
www.magpul.com/products/xtm-enhanced-rail-panels

Those are the ones that are too bulky. These will work just fine:

https://www.skdtac.com/v/vspfiles/photos/MAG.110-5.jpg

I have these on the exposed rails of my ARs. They can be easily cut to the desired length as well.

Frazod 06-21-2017 10:45 PM

I really like the Galco ankle holster I got for the Ruger. Very comfortable. I loaded it up to see how the weight feels. I can definitely tell it's there, but I can't imagine it will impede walking at all.

kjwood75nro 06-23-2017 03:44 PM

Welp, here we go.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c897fd976e.jpg

notorious 06-23-2017 03:45 PM

Looking good.

Great buttstock.

Dunit35 06-23-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjwood75nro (Post 12929023)

That scope is as big as my Tavor.

kjwood75nro 06-23-2017 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 12929032)
That scope is as big as my Tavor.

It's a Nikon M-308 with a sunshade attachment.

Scopes do look funny on bullpups. I have a Kel-Tec RFB that looks ridiculous with any scope.

Frazod 06-23-2017 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjwood75nro (Post 12929023)

Oh, that's pretty. :thumb:

Dunit35 06-23-2017 04:47 PM

I'm assuming you can hit anyone within a five state radius?

kjwood75nro 06-23-2017 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 12929103)
I'm assuming you can hit anyone within a five state radius?

Diameter? Sure.
Radius? Don't be absurd.

Trivers 06-24-2017 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 12930089)

JEALOUS!

notorious 06-24-2017 04:36 PM

Good looking rifle, and a good scope choice.

The PST 2.5-10x32 is nice, and better than it's larger-belled brother.

Frazod 06-24-2017 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 12930084)
Ready to roll!

Looking good! :thumb:

Dunit35 06-24-2017 07:44 PM

[IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/244zhv7.jpg[/IMG]

I went to a Military trade show today. It was full of World War II items. I have a strong love for the Pacific Theater and came across this at a good price. After getting home and taking it apart, I found one part not matching. I was a little disappointed but oh well. I love these World War II weapons and never sell them anyways.

1939 Japanese Nambu Type 14.

Frazod 06-24-2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 12930435)
[IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/244zhv7.jpg[/IMG]

I went to a Military trade show today. It was full of World War II items. I have a strong love for the Pacific Theater and came across this at a good price. After getting home and taking it apart, I found one part not matching. I was a little disappointed but oh well. I love these World War II weapons and never sell them anyways.

1939 Japanese Nambu Type 14.

Neat.

Is that something you'd ever try to shoot, or just keep in a case?

Dunit35 06-24-2017 07:48 PM

[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/307uixt.jpg[/IMG

He had this beauty for sale as well. I was concerned about the cheap price but I took a chance. I went and showed it to a nearby collector who said it was authentic but missing a piece on the handle. Valued it at what I paid.

Japanese NCO sword.

Dunit35 06-24-2017 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12930437)
Neat.

Is that something you'd ever try to shoot, or just keep in a case?

Keep it in the safe. Ammo is expensive and I'd hate to break anything on it. I have an all matching Luger that I'm scared to shoot as well.

Good thing my wife was with me during this show. I may have traded my children for items.

Frazod 06-24-2017 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 12930444)
Keep it in the safe. Ammo is expensive and I'd hate to break anything on it. I have an all matching Luger that I'm scared to shoot as well.

Good thing my wife was with me during this show. I may have traded my children for items.

Probably for the best. I think I'd be more worried about it exploding.

I Googled it just now - says it takes 8mm ammo. I can't imagine that would be very easy to find.

Dunit35 06-24-2017 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12930446)
Probably for the best. I think I'd be more worried about it exploding.

I Googled it just now - says it takes 8mm ammo. I can't imagine that would be very easy to find.

Yeah, it's 8x22. Gunbroker shows it ranging from $40-70 for a box of 50. This gives me two Jap weapons and that sword.

I get way more excited buying WWII weapons than modern firearms.

Frazod 06-24-2017 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 12930451)
Yeah, it's 8x22. Gunbroker shows it ranging from $40-70 for a box of 50. This gives me two Jap weapons and that sword.

I get way more excited buying WWII weapons than modern firearms.

While I think the old weapons are cool, I just don't have any interest in collecting them myself. That kind of came and went with the Garand.

kjwood75nro 06-24-2017 08:21 PM

Went through hell trying to set up the Dillon 550B for .308 reloading.

Doing 168 grain HPBT with 45.0 grains of Varget, which corresponds with Nikon scope ballistics.

Couldn't get the powder measure to do consistent 45.0 grains for shit, then stuck a couple cases in the resizer, had to literally peel the case off the deprimer with sidecutters.

Maybe it's more of a job for ol' single stage.

Frazod 06-24-2017 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjwood75nro (Post 12930474)
Went through hell trying to set up the Dillon 550B for .308 reloading.

Doing 168 grain HPBT with 45.0 grains of Varget, which corresponds with Nikon scope ballistics.

Couldn't get the powder measure to do consistent 45.0 grains for shit, then stuck a couple cases in the resizer, had to literally peel the case off the deprimer with sidecutters.

Maybe it's more of a job for ol' single stage.

They're great when you get them up and running, but it is a giant pain in the ass to get to that point.

Randallflagg 06-24-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12930473)
Probably good not to keep all the mags loaded, and rotate the loaded ones from time to time to save the springs.

Actually, a study done by the NRA (along with the FBI) said that it is fine leaving mags loaded all the time. The "wear" on the springs comes from using the magazine continually.

I have had .45 mags (Wilson Combat) for well over 6 years and they still function like the day they were bought.

Frazod 06-24-2017 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiStateNo (Post 12930484)
Actually, a study done by the NRA (along with the FBI) said that it is fine leaving mags loaded all the time. The "wear" on the springs comes from using the magazine continually.

I have had .45 mags (Wilson Combat) for well over 6 years and they still function like the day they were bought.

I hope you're right, since I'm too lazy and forgetful to rotate mine out anyway. :D

Bwana 06-24-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12930473)
Probably good not to keep all the mags loaded, and rotate the loaded ones from time to time to save the springs.

You know, I used to feel the same way, but after reading several articles on the subject, I don't worry about it at all at this point.