ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Later, Chiefsplanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242925)

Iowanian 03-22-2011 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyHorse (Post 7507959)
I think you're reading more into what Im saying than what is there. Not uncommon on CP.

I made a comment about body language that is traditionally accurate. However I didnt accuse anyone of anything. Other than him being a jackoff, I really know little about him. But I do know from 1st hand experience he's a jackoff so I have every right to say it.

Free flyover? Is it your turn now? Please explain.

My turn is...my post wasn't referring to simply one of yours.

I've thought you've been acting like a dick, in a manner that would typically draw fire on this board, and you're getting a free pass due to your health issues. I didn't bring it up as a bargaining tool, I didn't use it against you. I pointed out that you aren't treated as harshly for things you say as others would be for the same comments.

I'm not saying anything about what you should or shouldn't post. I'm saying I think you're more of an asshole than not and in effort to treat you equally, I'm letting you know that's what I think. At least you didn't over-react due to the mention of a free pass. Did you get a free pass from an uncle as a child? Maybe to the zoo or a circus?

Good luck with those....but you still do many of the things you lambast others for doing, and you should work on that skin thickness if you're going to post things like you have in this thread.

milkman 03-22-2011 07:20 AM

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-imag...2/03/Shane.jpg

Dane!
Come back Dane!

Earthling 03-22-2011 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7508045)

Must be an old fart thing...I thought of that too.

CrazyHorse 03-22-2011 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 7508037)
My turn is...my post wasn't referring to simply one of yours.

I've thought you've been acting like a dick, in a manner that would typically draw fire on this board, and you're getting a free pass due to your health issues. I didn't bring it up as a bargaining tool, I didn't use it against you. I pointed out that you aren't treated as harshly for things you say as others would be for the same comments.

I'm not saying anything about what you should or shouldn't post. I'm saying I think you're more of an asshole than not and in effort to treat you equally, I'm letting you know that's what I think. At least you didn't over-react due to the mention of a free pass. Did you get a free pass from an uncle as a child? Maybe to the zoo or a circus?

Good luck with those....but you still do many of the things you lambast others for doing, and you should work on that skin thickness if you're going to post things like you have in this thread.

What have I posted in thhis thread? Im still waiting on that? If Im attacked, I hit back. Otherwise, Im just posting an observation. Once again, that is ignored.

As for thick skin? Who rang your bell? You didn't offer any debate, or difference in opinion. You just came out and attacked. There was no value in that what so ever. Its because you were annoyed about something that has absoutely nothing to do with you.

If you disagree with what I said, dont act all hurt over it. Post a reasonable response to the contrary. So far, what I have said is:

1. Dane is a jackoff.

2. People who are accused of something that over react are often guilty. In Danes case who knows? Im certainly not the person to say one way or the other.

I dont see whats so bad about that, honestly.

If these statements are untrue then I conceed your point.

If they are true, then you're spinning your wheels.

Chiefnj2 03-22-2011 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyHorse (Post 7508084)

People who are accused of something that over react are often guilty. In Danes case who knows? Im certainly not the person to say one way or the other.

Then let it drop.

CrazyHorse 03-22-2011 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7508029)
Nice strawman. No one cares if you act like an asshole. They do care when you act like an idiot, though.

If Im acting like an idiot, I appologize.

Not sure how Im an idiot. But I guess that goes with the territory.

Apperantly people do care if I act like an asshole.

CrazyHorse 03-22-2011 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7508085)
Then let it drop.

You got it.

Its not like anybody comprehends what Im saying.

MOhillbilly 03-22-2011 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyHorse (Post 7508092)
You got it.

nobody gives a **** mother****er. you rarely post here & when you do its about shit thats been done to death.

go beat a ****in dead horse on that donkey BB.

Bwana 03-22-2011 08:10 AM

I think this thread just got its burst back.

http://wingboyz.com/oursite/wp-conte...croburst-9.gif

milkman 03-22-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthling (Post 7508053)
old fart

:cuss:

I resemble that remark!

milkman 03-22-2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

You got it.

We comprehend it.

It's called "psycho-babble".

Iowanian 03-22-2011 08:18 AM

I'm not hurt.

I just said you often act like a dick and are treated with kid gloves.
You're free to act like an asshole....but in this case you're being told.

You don't like that, because you skin is more tender than the under side of an eyelid, or a virgin's labia.
Did a relative over-react on you or something? Throw a bottle at the TV because the signal was lost right before
the best joke on I LOVE LUCY?

Rams Fan 03-22-2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7508108)

I resemble that remark!

My parents are both older than you if you were born in 1958...
:sulk:

Earthling 03-22-2011 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7508108)

I resemble that remark!

I try to always remember that getting old is better than getting none...;)

milkman 03-22-2011 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7508114)

I am perceived here as older than I actually am, but that has to do with the fact that have have vivid memories of sports from my very early years, and the fact that I was born an old fart.

CrazyHorse 03-22-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 7508100)
nobody gives a **** mother****er. you rarely post here & when you do its about shit thats been done to death.

go beat a ****in dead horse on that donkey BB.

Thank you sir may I please have another?

Frazod 03-22-2011 08:31 AM

Quote:

You got it.

Yes, apparently we're all stupid like that. And pricks if we got along with Dane as well, right? I love your blanket generalizations.

Seems like you get on much better at the Drane than here. Perhaps you should run with that. IMO, you'd make a fine Broncos fan.

CrazyHorse 03-22-2011 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 7508112)
I'm not hurt.

I just said you often act like a dick and are treated with kid gloves.
You're free to act like an asshole....but in this case you're being told.

You don't like that, because you skin is more tender than the under side of an eyelid, or a virgin's labia.
Did a relative over-react on you or something? Throw a bottle at the TV because the signal was lost right before
the best joke on I LOVE LUCY?

I act like a dick on purpose. When I act like a dick that is. Why take it easy on me?

Besides, how is someone telling me they wish I were dead, or wish I would hurry up and die or calling me a half dead bag of dicks translate into taking it easy on someone because of thier health? Or a flyover as you called it. Im still here firing back and you're offended. Maybe its your skin in question here. After all, nobody rang your bell.

As for the weak bait, with the labia and eyelid stuff, is that your best? Maybe weak skinned aint such a bad thing if compared to weakdick.

Maybe its time for me to step out for awhile and let you have the sandbox. I just dont have the "want to" today. Let someone else kick the sand over you. Im afraid Ive become bored with your circle jerk.

One more question though. Is this post me being an asshole, or am I defending myself?

Toodles Butch

Los Pollos Hermanos 03-22-2011 08:42 AM

I've read through most of this and I still don't know what an audiophile is. A music snob?

CrazyHorse 03-22-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7508134)
Yes, apparently we're all stupid like that. And pricks if we got along with Dane as well, right? I love your blanket generalizations.

Seems like you get on much better at the Drane than here. Perhaps you should run with that. IMO, you'd make a fine Broncos fan.

Where the hell did this come from? Jeeeez lol

I never said anyone was a prick for getting along with anyone. I did say if you defend him for attacking people ffor no reason you were a prick. Not you specifically. I mean, take a look around. Im being screwed with right now for being an asshole, and you are crying about some other asshole who is misunderstood.

get the **** outta here.

CrazyHorse 03-22-2011 08:50 AM

Here is my final word on the subject.

Bye Dane, you ****in asshole.

Bwana 03-22-2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyHorse (Post 7508120)
Thank you sir may I please have another?

Heh, Yes, you may. Assume the position.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdFLPn30dvQ

http://www.motleycollegefootball.com...aveAnother.jpg

Sassy Squatch 03-22-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 7508176)

LMAO

Rams Fan 03-22-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyHorse (Post 7508168)

I never said anyone was a prick for getting along with anyone. I did say if you defend him for attacking people ffor no reason you were a prick. Not you specifically. I mean, take a look around. Im being screwed with right now for being an asshole, and you are crying about some other asshole who is misunderstood.

get the **** outta here.

So, I guess I'm a prick then.

BigCatDaddy 03-22-2011 09:07 AM

How poetic is the constant bitching in a Dane McCloud farewell thread.

Iowanian 03-22-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

get the **** outta here.

You're a whining twat.

patteeu 03-22-2011 09:08 AM

I don't understand why CrazyHorse suddenly became the focus of a pile-on. I don't see anything wrong with what he said. No doubt, what he said about guilty people over-reacting to accusations has crossed several people's minds. It crossed my mind, just as thoughts that maybe Dane knew a pedophile victim or perpetrator crossed my mind. I also remember Dane talking about an old girlfriend who dealt with victims so I assumed that that was the most likely explanation for his reaction, but not everyone would know about that. Dane didn't bother to explain himself so it invites speculation and it's normal to base your speculation on your understanding of human nature, as CrazyHorse explained.

If you think CrazyHorse is a dick, put him on ignore and it will solve your problem.

DBOSHO 03-22-2011 09:11 AM

Although intelligent about alot of subjects, dane made his reputation on being an asshole to other posters for no reason.

With all the "grow thicker skin, this is chiefsplanet" talk he spouted, the fact that he let some other asshole run him off is hilarious to me.

Frazod 03-22-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

get the **** outta here.

Yeah, where would I get that idea?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyHorse (Post 7506714)
All I gotta say is you must be a real prick to defend a jackoff like Dane.

And I don't think I'll get the **** outta here, either. Get over it.

Iowanian 03-22-2011 09:13 AM

Maybe the subject at hand, isn't exactly the reason the guy left....

Frazod 03-22-2011 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7508226)
I don't understand why CrazyHorse suddenly became the focus of a pile-on. I don't see anything wrong with what he said. No doubt, what he said about guilty people over-reacting to accusations has crossed several people's minds. It crossed my mind, just as thoughts that maybe Dane knew a audiophile victim or perpetrator crossed my mind. I also remember Dane talking about an old girlfriend who dealt with victims so I assumed that that was the most likely explanation for his reaction, but not everyone would know about that. Dane didn't bother to explain himself so it invites speculation and it's normal to base your speculation on your understanding of human nature, as CrazyHorse explained.

If you think CrazyHorse is a dick, put him on ignore and it will solve your problem.

Hey Ballwasher, maybe if you put everybody who thinks Crazyhorse is a dick on ignore, it will solve your problem.

Jaric 03-22-2011 09:15 AM

I have to say, as far as "screw you guys, I'm leaving the message board!" threads go, this one is about as epic as they come.

milkman 03-22-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 7508237)
Although intelligent about alot of subjects, dane made his reputation on being an asshole to other posters for no reason.

With all the "grow thicker skin, this is chiefsplanet" talk he spouted, the fact that he let some other asshole run him off is hilarious to me.

I understand the reason that Dane left.

I think his mistake is that he didn't provide that explanation to everyone, and it leaves him open to speculation like this.

Then again, it probably wouldn't make a damn bit of difference to those who don't like him, so why bother?

DBOSHO 03-22-2011 09:18 AM

He will be back.

OnTheWarpath15 03-22-2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7508247)

I think his mistake is that he didn't provide that explanation to everyone, and it leaves him open to speculation like this.

Then again, it probably wouldn't make a damn bit of difference to those who don't like him, so why bother?

Bingo.

patteeu 03-22-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 7508240)

Maybe so, and I assume that you're hinting that this is the case. That's fine, but the circumstances of his departure invite speculation and naturally lead people to believe that the subject at hand was pivotal.

It might be interesting to know the real reason, but it's certainly none of my business. I just hope he finds peace and it would be great if he decides to come back someday.

patteeu 03-22-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaric (Post 7508245)
I have to say, as far as "screw you guys, I'm leaving the message board!" threads go, this one is about as epic as they come.

Dane only has one speed. Epic.

BigCatDaddy 03-22-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Exactly, I could give 2 shits why he is gone, all that matters is he is. F%$* yeah!

booger 03-22-2011 09:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 7507432)
Awww, summer WILL get here, until then, I'll leave you to this. Fly Fishing Baby!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38...20x320_q85.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38...-bikini-21.jpg

:thumb:

patteeu 03-22-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7508242)
Hey Ballwasher, maybe if you put everybody who thinks Crazyhorse is a dick on ignore, it will solve your problem.

I wasn't aware that I had a problem. Good morning, frazod. I understand that you decided to turn in your cardboard badge. I commend your decision.

The Franchise 03-22-2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

And honestly I don't think it would've mattered if he had listed his reasons why he was leaving. You'd still have the people that hate him in this thread calling him a jerkoff and jumping for joy.

Frazod 03-22-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7508274)
I wasn't aware that I had a problem. Good morning, frazod. I understand that you decided to turn in your cardboard badge. I commend your decision.

I guess you were too busy making up lies about me to pick up on yesterday's news.

But yes, I'm sure you're happy. Maybe later you can go jerk off to a photo of Cheney shooting African orphans for target practice.

patteeu 03-22-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7508278)
I guess you were too busy making up lies about me to pick up on yesterday's news.

But yes, I'm sure you're happy. Maybe later you can go jerk off to a photo of Cheney shooting African orphans for target practice.

Lies? Are you saying that you don't do that thing with midgets anymore? If my info is out of date, I apologize.

Frazod 03-22-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7508256)
Maybe so, and I assume that you're hinting that this is the case. That's fine, but the circumstances of his departure invite speculation and naturally lead people to believe that the subject at hand was pivotal.

It might be interesting to know the real reason, but it's certainly none of my business. I just hope he finds peace and it would be great if he decides to come back someday.

You sure do seem to be awfully butthurt about being out of the loop, there, little fella.

blaise 03-22-2011 09:35 AM

I don't get it, Dane posted this thread, and people are saying he emailed them personally to say there's more to the story? Is that correct?

Pennywise 03-22-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7508284)
Lies? Are you saying that you don't do that thing with midgets anymore? If my info is out of date, I apologize.

Aah the old days. A few midgets, shower curtain, and a gallon of wesson oil.

Good times.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-22-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Nor does he, or should he give a shit about what those people think of him. It's not like he's ever been here seeking the acceptance of the masses.

Frazod 03-22-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7508291)
I don't get it, Dane posted this thread, and people are saying he emailed them personally to say there's more to the story? Is that correct?

Yes. It's a Super Secret Club. We've got code words and a handshake and everything.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-22-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7508312)
Yes. It's a Super Secret Club. We've got code words and a handshake and everything.

In my case, it's a dick shake. All Randy Moss like.

blaise 03-22-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7508312)

Sounds gay.

MOhillbilly 03-22-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7508318)
Sounds gay.

if one of the code words is Drag race, run like hell.

chiefforlife 03-22-2011 09:50 AM

Since Dane started a thread to say he is leaving, he should explain himself.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-22-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 7508326)
if one of the code words is Drag race, run like hell.

LMAO

patteeu 03-22-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7508285)
You sure do seem to be awfully butthurt about being out of the loop, there, little fella.

Yes, I'm torn up about it.

The Franchise 03-22-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefforlife (Post 7508331)
Since Dane started a thread to say he is leaving, he should explain himself.

He already has.

Baby Lee 03-22-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7508242)

Welcome to Chiefsplanet, all who meet Fraz's approval. The Remainder are cordially invited to the anteroom to engage in communal homosexual acts.

Frazod 03-22-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 7508340)
Welcome to Chiefsplanet, all who meet Fraz's approval. The Remainder are cordially invited to engage in communal homosexual acts.

I see patty retained counsel. I hope you're giving him the discounted rate.

warrior 03-22-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 7508340)
Welcome to Chiefsplanet, all who meet Fraz's approval. The Remainder are cordially invited to engage in communal homosexual acts.

I try to stay out of DC. ;)

Baby Lee 03-22-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7508284)

What's with all the filtering, midgets . . . midgets.

OMFG!!!!

Frazod 03-22-2011 09:56 AM

BTW, in the case of patty, "Ballwasher" is short for "Cheney's Ballwasher."

I really dare anybody to deny that one.

Baby Lee 03-22-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 7508315)
In my case, it's a dick shake. All Randy Moss like.

Verb? Or noun?

Mr. Flopnuts 03-22-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 7508355)
Verb? Or noun?

LMAO Receivers choice.

chiefforlife 03-22-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7508339)
He already has.

It sounds like there is a lot more to the story than is in the OP. If you only want a few people to know the truth, why not just tell them and say goodbye to them. If you are going to post a thread about it, lets all hear it.
Its possible that in a public discussion, minds could be changed?

chiefsnorth 03-22-2011 10:01 AM

I don't understand how anyone could be offended when somone who doesn't know them and has never met them and whom they will never meet calls them a name in a faceless, anonymous forum. Boo fricin' hoo.

I will pretend Dane is still here and imagine I've just been told to go fuck myself and my f*cin mother, and that I am a herpe infested c*ntrag etc

chiefforlife 03-22-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7508352)

He's gotcha there Pat. Hehe

patteeu 03-22-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7508352)

Why would anyone deny it? I thought it was a compliment.

go bo 03-22-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7508114)

1958???

why, he's just a kid...

kstater 03-22-2011 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 7508240)

Then don't throw up the BS "The mods have pissed me off enough to leave".

-King- 03-22-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 7508311)
Nor does he, or should he give a shit about what those people think of him. It's not like he's ever been here seeking the acceptance of the masses.

Dane isn't about acceptance. He's about making sure that you know that he's more successful than you.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise 03-22-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7508504)
Dane isn't about acceptance. He's about making sure that you know that he's more successful than you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Funny.......he hasn't been that way with me.

In fact.....I've never seen a post where he stated that just because he lived in Hollywood.....that it made him any more important than anyone here.

milkman 03-22-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7508509)

In fact.....I've never seen a post where he stated that just because he lived in Hollywood.....that it made him any more important than anyone here.

Never thrown his success in my face either.

Chiefnj2 03-22-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefforlife (Post 7508366)
Its possible that in a public discussion, minds could be changed?

Who cares if minds are changed?

Does it change the fact, that for the most part, the guy has been an uber smegma the last few years?

Does it change the fact that he made the ultimate bitch move of "if the mods don't give me my way, I'm leaving"?

He's way too insecure not to be reading these posts, so just ask him to send you a pm.

If you can't handle some Raiders troll calling you names, you should take a timeout and get your life in order. Apparently that's what "Dane" is doing, so good for him.

-King- 03-22-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7508275)
And honestly I don't think it would've mattered if he had listed his reasons why he was leaving. You'd still have the people that hate him in this thread calling him a jerkoff and jumping for joy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7508339)
He already has.

Wait...so has he or hasn't he explained himself?

The Franchise 03-22-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7508523)
Wait...so has he or hasn't he explained himself?

He has to certain people....yes.

Baby Lee 03-22-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7508509)

It's not a direct thing.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthrea...light=satriani

It's a slightly lengthy read, but it shows how Dane was initially convinced that Satriani was guaranteed 50% of Coldplay's royalties, then was convinced that it was a tough case, then was convinced that Satriani's case was completely meritless.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dane
After actually hearing the comparison, there is no doubt in my mind that Satriani will receive a share of the royalties for this song.

The letter of the law states "Lyrics and Melody". The melodies are nearly identical throughout, as is the tempo and arrangement. That is NOT accidental.

Furthermore, while don't think this is "intentional", it did happen. Chris Martin probably heard the Satriani song in passing years ago, only to write his version years later. A lot of times, composers don't understand where the "music comes". I'm sure he wrote it not realizing that he'd heard that melody and song at some point in years past.

Regardless, I'd be shocked if the judge didn't award 50% of the royalties and copyright credit to Joe Satch.

Quote:

No worries, Dude.

As I stated in my first response, proving plagiarism is extremely difficult. Extremely. Joe Satriani's people will have to somehow prove that Chris Martin and/or anyone in Coldplay actually heard Joe's song.

And as I stated earlier, Chris Martin may have heard this song in passing years ago, only to unintentionally use the same melody for their song.

It's a difficult case for sure.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dane
Let me put it this way: Everyone steals from everyone. If the courts did not realize this, there would be no copyright protection.

I'm not implying that you and DJ are wrong in the strictest sense of the law but this is a highly specialized area that's practiced by very few.

And with all due respect to you and DJ, I'll take the word of my lawyer friends that deal with these issues over than those that are less familiar with them.

And anyone [in this case at least two people who have actually taken the effort to take law school level and CLE [continuing legal education] courses, and get IP [intellectual property] certification] who had anything else to contribute were 'clueless about the actual industry' goings and comings, because he's had conversations with real actual Hwood attorneys.

Then in passive-aggressive mode, he took the stance 'Hey I understand you know the law, but I KNOW HOLLYWOOD and the INDUSTRY. Thanks for the reasonable conversation even though you're dead wrong.' THEN he spent the next couple years starting every argument with 'is this another instance of how I totally schooled you guys on how copyright works?' This, on the basis that the Satriani case settled out of court with no terms disclosed, which could have followed from ANYONE'S take on the situation.

BossChief 03-22-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7508520)
Never thrown his success in my face either.

Me neither.

In fact, when I made it planet knowledge that I had a big family loss and was about to enter a battle that I didnt know much about...he was the first one to offer a helping hand and advice going forward.

From a guy that I didn't know personally, I thought that was incredible and I wont forget it.

Easy 6 03-22-2011 11:41 AM

The bottom line is this, almost anything goes here, everyone has said it a million times & i've chimed in my fair share. The wild & wooly dynamic of the Planet is its biggest draw, i lurked a few other boards before committing to the Planet & they were just too tame, i wanted to get in here & mix it up with the rest of the hooligans.

Dane & others flamethrowing ways are something people just need to either A) get used to B) fire back at, or C) run away to the Coalition. Has he revealed a thin skin? sure, but i'd venture that most here have at one time or another. The only way to 'win' here is to tell'em all to kiss your ass & then, most importantly, prove (impossible here, but ya gotta try) to them why they're wrong.

Danes general smarts, entertainment insider knowledge & shit stirring antics help keep this place interesting. R8er? well, this is America after all & if he wants to hang out over in the corner, so be it.

The mods arent changing anything, so why not forget this crap & move on.

Sassy Squatch 03-22-2011 11:43 AM

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4063/...f05abd2e24.jpg

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 03-22-2011 11:51 AM

Personally, I find a judicious use of the vB ignore function to be an incredible help to improve my entertainment here. Yeah, I may miss out on a thread or two, but for the most part, I really don't give a crap about what they're posting about anyway.

Marcellus 03-22-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 7508586)
The bottom line is this, almost anything goes here, everyone has said it a million times & i've chimed in my fair share. The wild & wooly dynamic of the Planet is its biggest draw, i lurked a few other boards before committing to the Planet & they were just too tame, i wanted to get in here & mix it up with the rest of the hooligans.

Dane & other's flame throwing ways are something people just need to either A) get used to B) fire back at, or C) run away to the Coalition. Has he revealed a thin skin? sure, but i'd venture that most here have at one time or another. The only way to 'win' here is to tell'em all to kiss your ass & then, most importantly, prove (impossible here, but ya gotta try) to them why they're wrong.

Danes general smarts, entertainment insider knowledge & shit stirring antics help keep this place interesting. R8er? well, this is America after all & if he wants to hang out over in the corner, so be it.

The mods arent changing anything, so why not forget this crap & move on.

Some of you just don't get it.

Dane's flame throwing ways aren't really the issue.

Dane's hissy fit and subsequent leaving over someone else's flame throwing ways is just a prime example of the hypocrite that he was down to his core. At least his internet core.

He has been as shitty to more people here than any wrong he was ever done.

DaFace already pointed out the only reason he didn't get around to giving R8Ters an infraction is before he could even look into it Dane had left him several shitty PM's.

I got an idea, if you are getting pissed, get up and walk away from the computer for a while. The whole thing is laughable.