ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 104.3 the Fan here in Denver reporting (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200488)

Frankie 01-17-2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5400557)
Satan! GET BEHIND ME!

I thought you wanted to get into priesthood.

Frankie 01-17-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melbar (Post 5400674)
Seriously what is all the hatred for Marty? He made us the 2nd winningest franchise in the 90's. his last job he went 13-3. Some bad coaching and a lot of bad luck in the playoffs ya, but he's one of the best coaches in the history of the NFL period. His day will come.

Why do so many hate a guy that did so many great things for this Team? He turned this team around from being a turd to a perenial playoff team. Dont want him back if you like, but to laugh at him like he's a joke is ridiculous.

To get a championship, a team HAS to go through the playoffs. Hence Marty IS a joke.

wazu 01-17-2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 5400095)
I personally think Shanahan was building a Superbowl team in Denver. It's true that he's let the defense go while he focused his efforts on offense - especially the last two years when he liquidated Jake Plummer and started to build a team around Jay Cutler. But right now the Broncos have a powerful young offense and we're moving into this offseason with more cap money and draft picks than we've had in a decade to spend primarily on defense... And at that, Shanahan's personnel guy (Goodman) has done a superb job the last two years - probably better than anyone in the league. You'll note that while Shanahan was fired, we kept his personnel guy - effectively making him the team's GM.

Yep, agree. Fortunately Bowlen tossed us a lifeline. McDaniels seems like a good pick, if you haven't just finished firing Mike ****ing Shanahan.

Taco John 01-17-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyHorse (Post 5400652)
That's ridiculous. The Broncos rescources have been spent primarily on defense for the last sevaral years.

Are you high or something? You shouldn't embarass yourself with such uniformed takes in a public forum.

keg in kc 01-17-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 5400852)
Are you high or something? You shouldn't embarass yourself with such uniformed takes in a public forum.

What kind of uniform? Like, police, or a french maid?

Taco John 01-17-2009 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 5400833)
Yep, agree. Fortunately Bowlen tossed us a lifeline. McDaniels seems like a good pick, if you haven't just finished firing Mike ****ing Shanahan.

I hear ya... Firing Shanahan, keeping his personnel guy, and then hiring a younger version of him... that doesn't make too much sense to me.

I could have seen if we hired Spagnuolo...

But whatever. I think there's more to it behind the scenes between Shanahan and Bowlen than they're letting on out in the open.

melbar 01-18-2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 5400809)
To get a championship, a team HAS to go through the playoffs. Hence Marty IS a joke.

So Marino is a joke and not a great QB because he has no ring?

Manning was also a joke till he got his.

Elway should have been benched after 15 yrs of no ring right? At that point he was a joke and ownership should have given up on him. He sucked. He had 15 yrs and couldnt get it done. Why would you let that loser keep playing?

Dallas Chief 01-18-2009 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 5400860)
I hear ya... Firing Shanahan, keeping his personnel guy, and then hiring a younger version of him... that doesn't make too much sense to me.

I could have seen if we hired Spagnuolo...

But whatever. I think there's more to it behind the scenes between Shanahan and Bowlen than they're letting on out in the open.

Who is his personnel guy?

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-18-2009 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melbar (Post 5400916)

Elway should have been benched after 15 yrs of no ring right? At that point he was a joke and ownership should have given up on him. He sucked. He had 15 yrs and couldnt get it done. Why would you let that loser keep playing?

Because there was "Magic in the Way He Sucked":

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...rr/Elway-3.png

Frankie 01-18-2009 12:18 AM

Quote:

To the best of my recollection, none of them has coached an NFL team. If they do and never make it past playoffs, I will call them a joke, AS A COACH!

keg in kc 01-18-2009 12:23 AM

Quote:

Elway is a bad comparison, he went to two Superbowls in the 80s. Marty never even sniffed the championship game.

Marty's been coaching in the NFL since 1975. He's been a head coach in the NFL for a full twenty years. Hey, if you want to give him another go 'round, thinking he'll finally find lightning in a bottle at 65 years of age, and somehow overcome his own inherent martyocrity, well, more power to ya.

Frankie 01-18-2009 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5400938)
Elway is a bad comparison, he went to two Superbowls in the 80s. Marty never even sniffed the championship game.

Marty's been coaching in the NFL since 1975. He's been a head coach in the NFL for a full twenty years. Hey, if you want to give him another go 'round, thinking he'll finally find lightning in a bottle at 65 years of age, and somehow overcome his own inherent martyocrity, well, more power to ya.

I agree with your post. But Marty actually made it to the AFC Championship game once with Montana. And didn't one of his Cleveland teams lose to Elway in an AFC Championship game?

DeezNutz 01-18-2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

?

'86 and '87. Both losses in the AFC Championship Game. I'd consider that a sniff.

The KC run is obvious, so I'm not listing that.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-18-2009 12:37 AM

Quote:

And Rat has tasted all he ever will. Bank it!

melbar 01-18-2009 12:39 AM

Come on you know what I'm saying here! OK mr. apples to apples...
Dungy went 11 yrs losing in the playoffs till he won.
Coughlin went 11 yrs without winning a sb.

Shula went 22 yrs after their 73 championship and never won again.

Marty has a higher winning pct. than all of them.