ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

Mosbonian 10-04-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 7967545)
This was proven as fact this past weekend at Worlds of Fun.

That was a funny discussion....and part of the reason I posted what I did.

I really just did it to tick off Wickedson.

Saul Good 10-04-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7967534)
Why would he cover the SEC?

KC is a KU town anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7967543)
Are we really going to get into a discussion about whether KC has more KU or MU fans??

Did you really just post these back to back?

Crush 10-04-2011 04:59 PM

I am getting a little tired of Dr. Brooks Travis.

Bambi 10-04-2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7967569)
Did you really just post these back to back?

huh?

I state KC is a KU town, which it is.

Some people objected to that.

hence the clarifying question

was it really that tough?

Where's that KC Star post from a few pages back? Wasn't KU fans % a good double digit higher than MU's?

eazyb81 10-04-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 7967574)
I am getting a little tired of Dr. Brooks Travis.

Dude definitely got his money's worth this month.

Bambi 10-04-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 7963784)
The KC Star thinks Kansas City is a KU town. They also prove that K-State fans are younger, richer, better looking, and less bandwagon-y than both fanbases.

http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/v...d/6082359a.jpg

oh yeah, here.

I'm not saying this to rub anything in. Just figuring that KK would see no reason to discuss the SEC if MU were to go there.

The majority of people won't care.

Al Bundy 10-04-2011 05:01 PM

During basketball season part of KCMO roots for KU, but during football season it isn't even close.

mnchiefsguy 10-04-2011 05:02 PM

KK has completely lost it. Saying the SEC is nothing but a bunch of cheaters and Mizzou should be careful with what they might be getting into. He is serious denial.

Mr. Plow 10-04-2011 05:02 PM

God damnit. I just want a simple "Yes, we are looking at other conferences" or "No, we are committed to the Big 12 and it's impending doom".....and I'm a ****ing KU fan damnit.

mnchiefsguy 10-04-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7967583)
oh yeah, here.

I'm not saying this to rub anything in. Just figuring that KK would see no reason to discuss the SEC if MU were to go there.

The majority of people won't care.

If KK ignores Mizzou and the SEC, he will be off the air in a couple of years. Can't not talk about Mizzou and expect to survive. Even 610, the official KU station, talks about Mizzou.

Bambi 10-04-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 7967592)
If KK ignores Mizzou and the SEC, he will be off the air in a couple of years. Can't not talk about Mizzou and expect to survive. Even 610, the official KU station, talks about Mizzou.

Although some outlets will still obviously talk MU you will have to admit that the focus in the KC area will still be with the Big 12.

The SEC is so completely foreign in geography and culture that I can't really see Petro breaking down Auburn-Ole Miss in anticipation of next weeks matchup with Mizzou.

KK won't talk about them simply out of spite.

That's just my opinion though.

Crush 10-04-2011 05:07 PM

GabeDeArmond Gabe DeArmond

<s class="hash">#</s>Mizzou AD Alden just emerged from meeting room. Don't know if that means meeting over or he needs a break

Crush 10-04-2011 05:08 PM

Alden back into meeting room. Has lasted more than 3 hours now

Mr. Plow 10-04-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 7967607)

Alden back into meeting room. Has lasted more than 3 hours now

MU fans - do you see this as a good sign or bad sign that the meeting has lasted so long?

mnchiefsguy 10-04-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7967600)
Although some outlets will still obviously talk MU you will have to admit that the focus in the KC area will still be with the Big 12.

The SEC is so completely foreign in geography and culture that I can't really see Petro breaking down Auburn-Ole Miss in anticipation of next weeks matchup with Mizzou.

KK won't talk about them simply out of spite.

That's just my opinion though.

If Auburn-Ole Miss effects Mizzou in the stands, or if they are all fighting for a bowl spot, then hell yes Soren better be breaking it down. Tiger fans will expect it. If WHB just wants to broadcast in Leawood and Overland Park, that is fine, but expect their listener ship to plummet.