ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official 2017-2018 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306817)

KChiefs1 03-23-2018 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 13484190)
God I hope we can do something of significance soon. It's embarrassing seeing what should be an inferior program like k-state with an inferior coach put us to shame. I wouldn't put money on an elite 8 trip any time soon.

Huh?

You do realize Cuonzo turned chicken shit into chicken salad this year right?

duncan_idaho 03-23-2018 07:14 AM

If Kim Anderson had been a semi-competent coach who just didn’t get it done (at less than historically bad levels) and maybe landed a couple of local good-not-great recruits who Mizzou should be able to land... guys like Tyler Cool of Iowa and Xavier Sneed at Kansas State, how much different is Year 1 for Cuonzo?

Picture Mizzou with a legit, athletic, skilled 4 like Tyler Cook and a long, athletic sharpshooter like Xavier Sneed on the wing instead of Reed Nikko and Mitchell Smith.

How different is that?

GloryDayz 03-23-2018 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 13484389)
If Kim Anderson had been a semi-competent coach who just didn’t get it done (at less than historically bad levels) and maybe landed a couple of local good-not-great recruits who Mizzou should be able to land... guys like Tyler Cool of Iowa and Xavier Sneed at Kansas State, how much different is Year 1 for Cuonzo?

Picture Mizzou with a legit, athletic, skilled 4 like Tyler Cook and a long, athletic sharpshooter like Xavier Sneed on the wing instead of Reed Nikko and Mitchell Smith.

How different is that?

MIZZOU says that sort of thing a lot. Perhaps next year we'll find out. Oh, "next year", another thing said a lot around MIZZOU. We can only "hope" (another MIZZOU Atletics'ism!!), the success of this year lands us some of those top recruits. We'll see.

duncan_idaho 03-23-2018 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 13484419)
MIZZOU says that sort of thing a lot. Perhaps next year we'll find out. Oh, "next year", another thing said a lot around MIZZOU. We can only "hope" (another MIZZOU Atletics'ism!!), the success of this year lands us some of those top recruits. We'll see.

It’s not a “next year” type thought for me - just pointing out that Martin’s year 1 was made more challenging because ole Kermit was so incompetent, he couldn’t even land easily attainable in-state players after hiring their AAU coach (who was a father figure to one of them).

Tl;dr

**** Kim Anderson

Chiefspants 03-23-2018 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 13484430)
It’s not a “next year” type thought for me - just pointing out that Martin’s year 1 was made more challenging because ole Kermit was so incompetent, he couldn’t even land easily attainable in-state players after hiring their AAU coach (who was a father figure to one of them).

Tl;dr

**** Kim Anderson

I heard that guy just needed more time.

baitism 03-23-2018 02:26 PM

When is MPJ deciding to come back?

Pasta Little Brioni 03-23-2018 02:31 PM

Lol I'm sure he's long decided to jump ship

duncan_idaho 03-23-2018 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitism (Post 13485162)
When is MPJ deciding to come back?

Whenever his NBA team has a break in the schedule.

He gone.

And if little brother is gone, too, they’ll all be gone. Except for whichever girl plays basketball at Mizzou.

gblowfish 03-23-2018 03:16 PM

I don't know of any degree program at Mizzou that will make him as much money as going to the NBA.

Although Ken Lay (The Enron Guy) was a Mizzou Grad, and he embezzled an impressive stash of lettuce.

Best22 03-23-2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13485268)
I don't know of any degree program at Mizzou that will make him as much money as going to the NBA.

Although Ken Lay (The Enron Guy) was a Mizzou Grad, and he embezzled an impressive stash of lettuce.

Stan Kroenke got his MBA at Mizzou

TrebMaxx 03-23-2018 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13485293)
Stan Kroenke got his MBA at Mizzou

Stan plain out married up! He is all Wal-Mart money.

Mosbonian 03-24-2018 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 13485239)
Whenever his NBA team has a break in the schedule.

He gone.

And if little brother is gone, too, they’ll all be gone. Except for whichever girl plays basketball at Mizzou.

I see MJP leaving and going to the NBA.....I think that is a foregone conclusion regardless of what others might think.

But I could see Jontay hanging around for next year and putting himself in a position to be a Top 5 pick, and honestly he could use some refinement.

Tillmon...if someone gets inside his head and tells him to go this year, it would be crazy. He definitely needs at least another year to refine his game and learn how to stay out of foul trouble. He has good potential but at this point he would get eaten up in the NBA and probably end up playing in the CBA or in Europe.

OKchiefs 03-26-2018 06:17 PM

No posts yet about Porter officially declaring for the draft?

Overall he helped with recruiting, but not much else. I'll be glad to get the program running in a year or two with a pipeline of players who are going to stay and have an impact. I'd prefer to stay away from the one and done types.

On another note, let's also pray that we can go a season without our entire depth at guard quitting on the team.

WhawhaWhat 03-26-2018 06:20 PM

Really think Mizzou could have benefited from another year with MPJ.

Titty Meat 03-26-2018 06:39 PM

Dru Smith