ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Here’s why you don’t start Mahomes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311659)

notorious 11-23-2017 08:41 AM

QB's like Alex Smith is exactly why we're always mediocre when it really matters.

dlphg9 11-23-2017 09:04 AM

Just stopping by to say In58men is still an idiot

PAChiefsGuy 11-23-2017 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13234027)
QB's like Alex Smith is exactly why we're always mediocre when it really matters.

Chiefs troubles go far beyond Alex Smith. We've sucked for a longass time, way before he even got here. Stop blaming Alex Smith for 20+years of playoff struggles. At least he helped get us a playoff win and get the winning culture back to KC.

You idiots act like the Chiefs were winning SBs before Smitty got here and now that he did the organization took a nose dive. It's quite the opposite actually.

pugsnotdrugs19 11-23-2017 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13234050)
Chiefs troubles go far beyond Alex Smith. We've sucked for a longass time, way before he even got here. Stop blaming Alex Smith for 20+years of playoff struggles. At least he helped get us a playoff win and get the winning culture back to KC.

You idiots act like the Chiefs were winning SBs before Smitty got here and now that he did the organization took a nose dive. It's quite the opposite actually.

He's done a decent job. He was supported by tremendous defenses the past four years to go along with great ST units, which allowed him to manage them to playoff appearances.

Of course, once it came time to go H2H with contenders in January, that wasn't enough. And it never will be as long as the Chiefs don't have an elite defense.

Rausch 11-23-2017 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13234057)
Of course, once it came time to go H2H with contenders in January, that wasn't enough. And it never will be as long as the Chiefs don't have an elite defense.

We need a healthy Houston and a legit threat opposite him.

Ford seems to always be banged up and Hali hasn't been healthy all year. When your pass rushers don't produce any holes you have in the secondary are magnified...

notorious 11-23-2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13234050)

QB's LIKE Alex Smith.

Read you mongoloid ****.

He absolutely is the main reason this team can't get over the hump. When the defense was good and the Oline was okay he shit his pants. Now that the defense isn't bailing his average ass out everything has gone to hell.

PAChiefsGuy 11-23-2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13234087)
QB's LIKE Alex Smith.

Read you mongoloid ****.

He absolutely is the main reason this team can't get over the hump. When the defense was good and the Oline was okay he shit his pants. Now that the defense isn't bailing his average ass out everything has gone to hell.

Yeah he is the reason the Chiefs haven't won a SB since 1970. Lmao!

Rausch 11-23-2017 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13234090)

The D decided to play like ass before Alex's game fell off.

Having both the defense and QB play fall off is exactly how you lose 4 of 5 games...

OKchiefs 11-23-2017 09:41 AM

Quote:

You have no reading comprehension. LIKE Smith means Smith is the same type of quarterback as Cassel, Grbac, Bono, etc. the Chiefs have always had. Having that type of quarterback is the reason we've always sucked.

dlphg9 11-23-2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

You're such a douche bag. Youre lucky I haven't drove to PA and beat your little stupid ass

PAChiefsGuy 11-23-2017 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13234192)
You're such a douche bag. Youre lucky I haven't drove to PA and beat your little stupid ass

I'm just pointing out that Chiefs have had playoff struggles long before Alex Smith.

Smitty has done his job. They brought him here to change the culture to winning. You don't go from 2-14 to winning SBs every season..You can't blame Smitty for all of the Chiefs problems no matter how much you want to.

As far as coming to beat my ass I would say something back but it is a holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Rasputin 11-23-2017 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13234235)
I'm just pointing out that the Smitty has done his job. They brought him here to change the culture to winning. You don't go from 2-14 to winning SBs every season..You can't blame Smitty for all of the Chiefs problems no matter how much you want to.

As far as coming to beat my ass I would say something back but it is a holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving.

So it's time to take the next step and start Patrick Mahomes II so we can start winning Championships. Smith done his job and he is done being anygood for the Chiefs other than another first round loss. I can't figure out why people would root for a guy that's not going deliver the Lombardi trophy.

bigjosh 11-23-2017 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13233041)
So you don't think someone posting that they don't care whether we get a draft pick for Smitty is something only a moron would post?

Good god I am so thankful you are not the GM of the Chiefs.

Yes,I would rather have our current high investment draft pick spend 6 weeks getting playing experience then have another tanoh kpassanoh, kavarie russel, chris conley, or philip gaines.

Kindly choke on a bag of dicks kind sir.

Chiefshrink 11-23-2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Moon (Post 13233983)
I think what you do is start giving Mahomes a few reps (or extra reps) in practice with the first team. Send a message to Smith that he is on the clock. He can't get comfortable. And, Mahomes is that much closer to being ready, if needed. DJ has accepted his new reality and everyone else is accountable. Reid is too soft on these guys.

Well if Reid is starting to get worried about AS but still doesn't have the cajones to pull him just yet, your suggestion here is the way to go for sure.:thumb:

For me personally, I would have informed him prior to the Giants game IF his play did not improve and we lose, I have to make a change and go with Pat. Telling him we still have the lead in the division and that now the only way we make the playoffs is to win the division. And although our remaining schedule 'should' be easy it is now not because of your bad QB play and a very suspect defense. I would tell him that what helps that suspect defense out is good QB play of which we are not getting from you. Nothing personal here but this job/league is about 'winning' and your last 5 games have not just been mediocre but BAD.

PAChiefsGuy 11-23-2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh (Post 13234240)
Yes,I would rather have our current high investment draft pick spend 6 weeks getting playing experience then have another tanoh kpassanoh, kavarie russel, chris conley, or philip gaines.

Kindly choke on a bag of dicks kind sir.

Well then put in your resume to become the HC of the Chiefs.

Good luck.