ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs **** Official Chiefs VS Patriots AFC Championship Game Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320346)

Mecca 01-19-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 14052024)
Yeah, but where is the Green Bay dynasty? Coaching matters, too.

Mike McCarthy is a boob, and they have a series of just awful decisions.

stevieray 01-19-2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 14051990)
Water is wet

inside joke

JakeF 01-19-2019 11:35 AM

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...19&oe=5CC4F21D

kc-nd 01-19-2019 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14051854)
4th and 1
AHPKC
Sportsbeat KC

Thanks all for the insight.

Naptown Chief 01-19-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14052027)
:D

Just giving you a hard time :D

htismaqe 01-19-2019 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 14052024)
Yeah, but where is the Green Bay dynasty? Coaching matters, too.

Of course coaching matters. You need to have a coach that knows how to get the best out of the talent and knows when to get the heck out of the way and let them play.

As Derrick Johnson said a couple of days ago "talent ALWAYS trumps scheme."

htismaqe 01-19-2019 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14052038)
Mike McCarthy is a boob, and they have a series of just awful decisions.

Yep.

htismaqe 01-19-2019 11:43 AM

People have always kind of looked at coaching and team building as the foundation of the dynasty, with the QB being the cherry on top.

It's the other way around.

If you don't have the QB, none of the other stuff will work well enough. The QB is the foundation. The coaching and team building is the 20% that makes a dynasty.

Hammock Parties 01-19-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14051981)
Arrowhead is loud.

And this...is our only AFC Championship game.

Mecca 01-19-2019 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14052072)
People have always kind of looked at coaching and team building as the foundation of the dynasty, with the QB being the cherry on top.

If you don't have the QB, none of the other stuff will work well enough. The QB is the foundation. The coaching and team building is the 20% that makes a dynasty.

This is how a dude like George Seifert was an awesome coach with the 49ers and complete ass when he went somewhere else.

RobertWeathers 01-19-2019 11:48 AM

Yea I really have nothing more to add so I'll probably fade to black and lurk tonight and tomorrow. All the stats, trends, schemes, matchups, etc have been exhausted to death.

Really the next thing I'm looking for is the inactives list which which will come out 90min before game time.

What you guys want to look for is if Adrian Clayborn and Danny Shelton are active/inactive or not.

Clayborn is an edge rusher and creates decent pressure but can't set the edge to save his life. If he plays, BB is coming after Mahomes. If he doesn't, then Wise and Simon will get the snaps opposite Flowers as they are very good at setting the edge, controlling outside runs and the pocket (which I would prefer mahomes stays in the pocket)

Shelton is a run-stuffer and can't push the pocket to save his life. Hes been a disappointment this year but has come on lately vs the run in more 4-3 with single gap responsibility. He doesn't have the quickness to play 2 gap. If hes out, that means Bill wants more pressure up the middle (Brown, Butler, Guy) and is willing to concede yards on the ground. All 3 are also good at pushing the pocket. Butler is OK vs the run. He used to suck but has been more disciplined. Hes our best interior pass rusher.

I have no doubt the want to keep Mahomes in the pocket.

See ya guys.

Halfcan 01-19-2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertWeathers (Post 14052034)
At patsfans.com we are just now getting the trolling. A few of are talking ball. It's appreciated.

Not sure what the big fun in going to other team's board and trolling. Just ignore them- probably annoying, band wagon Chief's fans.

On the other hand...

Pats have built the greatest dynasty in football. Their fans have been spoiled with riches other teams will never see. Why on earth would Pats fans want to come and troll a team that just won their first Home Playoff game in 25 years? :rolleyes:

Maybe it is insecurity? Nothing last forever. Now you guys are facing a very dangerous, young, hungry team with rabid fans desperate to win at home.

Will your dynasty end tomorrow? :hmmm:

htismaqe 01-19-2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertWeathers (Post 14052083)
Yea I really have nothing more to add so I'll probably fade to black and lurk tonight and tomorrow. All the stats, trends, schemes, matchups, etc have been exhausted to death.

Really the next thing I'm looking for is the inactives list which which will come out 90min before game time.

What you guys want to look for is if Adrian Clayborn and Danny Shelton are active/inactive or not.

Clayborn is an edge rusher and creates decent pressure but can't set the edge to save his life. If he plays, BB is coming after Mahomes. If he doesn't, then Wise and Simon will get the snaps opposite Flowers as they are very good at setting the edge, controlling outside runs and the pocket (which I would prefer mahomes stays in the pocket)

Shelton is a run-stuffer and can't push the pocket to save his life. Hes been a disappointment this year but has come on lately vs the run in more 4-3 with single gap responsibility. He doesn't have the quickness to play 2 gap. If hes out, that means Bill wants more pressure up the middle (Brown, Butler, Guy) and is willing to concede yards on the ground. All 3 are also good at pushing the pocket. Butler is OK vs the run. He used to suck but has been more disciplined. Hes our best interior pass rusher.

I have no doubt the want to keep Mahomes in the pocket.

See ya guys.

I saw every snap of Clayborn's college career and he was one of the top recruits coming out of high school in the state of Missouri. ;)

RobertWeathers 01-19-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14052090)
I saw every snap of Clayborn's college career and he was one of the top recruits coming out of high school in the state of Missouri. ;)

Hes been a solid citizen here. Just hasn't picked up the run D scheme as well as the coaches had hoped.

TwistedChief 01-19-2019 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14052072)

I've posted this before, but I once met Marshall Faulk and had a healthy chat with him about sports. One of the things he said to me - which I still find insane - is that he thought a MLB coach was more important to a team's success than an NFL coach. I've never played professional football and he's a HOFer, but I think this is taking the argument a little too far!