ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=328296)

rabblerouser 01-23-2020 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All22 (Post 14746517)
So how is being down 24-0 in the early second considered playing lights out?

The defense had almost nothing to do with that. They gave up 7 points.

A blocked punt returned for 7 isn't on the defense, a fumbled punt return on the 5 yard line isn't on the defense.

Did you even watch that game?

It was 51-7 from that point on.

DRM08 01-23-2020 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All22 (Post 14746584)
It's Any Given Sunday in the NFL so no result would surprise me.

That said, the 49ers haven't trailed a single second in their last 3 games (against Seattle, Minnesota, and Green Bay). Whereas the Chiefs have been down, and sometimes down big, in all of their last 3 games against much worse teams.

The narrative of the Chiefs blowing out the 49ers doesn't make much sense.

Of course there's 2 weeks off and who knows how the teams will show up. I think the Chiefs are due for a game where they show up playing their best from the very first snap. They've done it a few times this year, but not the last couple games. What if they bring it in this next one?

Niners have been on a hell of a roll and maybe it continues, but that doesn't guarantee it will continue. Every team goes through those up and down aspects of their season. Baltimore looked unbeatable and then flopped hard after a little time off. You could easily say the same thing about the Chiefs having a disaster start against the Texans. But they survived it.

We'll see how it goes!

TripleThreat 01-23-2020 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14746588)
Oh and the narrative about the 49ers does?

Stop ****ing looking at 1 quarter of fluky football and making judgements. You see 24-0, while ignoring 52 to ****ing 7.

If you aren’t aware, this team hasn’t lost by more than 8 points in something like 40 games.

If anybody is getting blown out, it’s you guys. I’m not saying that’s going to happen by any means. It’s just the more likely scenario.

Exactly. Dude over here thinking football is decided in one quarter or a half of football.

All22 01-23-2020 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 14746581)
Your team isn't overrated, you have a well balanced team, but I've said it before and I'll say it again, Jimmy G is your guys' Achilles heel. He makes bone-headed decisions from what I have seen and is IMO the reason people think you guys are overrated cause no one thinks that defense is.

You can just go down your list to be honest, and find your weakest link

Whats weaker? Jimmy G or your running game?
Whats weaker? Jimmy G or your coaching staff/playcalls?
Whats weaker? Jimmy G or your defense?
Whats weaker? Jimmy G or your Tight End?
Whats weaker? Jimmy G or your wide receivers E.Sanders/Deebo?
literally once you get down to it when looking at your team at what is the weakest link you are deciding between your receivers and Jimmy G. Everywhere else on your team is clearly superior.

Our running game, coaching staff, defense, and tight end are all #1 or #2 in the league. Yes, Jimmy is not a top #1 or #2 QB.

rabblerouser 01-23-2020 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All22 (Post 14746526)
Well, we've never been down by 24 points so...

That's a good thing for you, because your team would never be able to come back from that.

SanDiego49er 01-23-2020 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14746580)
If this thing turns into 12-9 or some crap like that...LMAO

Sometimes when they predict high scoring it comes out a low scoring defensive battle. You just never know. But I have the feeling it will be close and a good game. And for the fans that's really all you can ask for. At least the game will likely be exciting whoever does end up winning.

staylor26 01-23-2020 01:55 AM

Our QB, coaching staff, TE, WR group, DL, and S are all top 3.

Eat a dick.

All22 01-23-2020 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14746590)

A blocked punt returned for 7 isn't on the defense, a fumbled punt return on the 5 yard line isn't on the defense.

They gave up 10 points on long drives and another 7 on a quick score from a extremely short field.

Your defense has played well, in the second half, but "lights out" is not at all accurate.

DRM08 01-23-2020 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14746590)

It was 51-7 from that point on.

It was 10 points for the defense. Field goal drive was legit by the Texans. That was the infamous coward decision by O'Brien to not go for it on 4th and 1 deep in KC territory.

staylor26 01-23-2020 01:56 AM

And lol @ the 49ers having a top 2 staff after one ****ing year of success.

It’s the Pats and the Chiefs and there’s absolutely no ****ing debate there.

Hern 01-23-2020 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14746589)
You haven’t faced many teams that can test you like your team is going to be tested next Sunday.

NO scored 46
Seattle scores 27
Arizona scored 26
Atlanta scored 29
Rams scored 31

KCs offense is far more talented than any of those.

Just be happy your team made it this far.

KC is winning the Super Bowl next Sunday.

Enjoy the commercials.

I don’t get what those scores matter. For the exception of the Falcons game, we out scored the opponent.

No worries tho, I get it. KC is Thanos with all the infinity rings.

rabblerouser 01-23-2020 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dowd (Post 14746577)
I respect the Chiefs fans and their team. Mahome's is amazing and with these weapons he is easily the best QB in football imo.

With that said, the more and more I think about this game the more I think that the 49ers win this game decisively. Our rushing attack is nothing like the Titan's and against your 29th ranked run D, We are gonna keep Mahomes off the field and wear your D out. There's very few D's in the league who can slow the 49ers rushing attack when Kyle unleashes his playbook and the Chiefs defense certainly isn't one of them with all due respect.

ROFL

You're in for a rude awakening. "Your 29th ranked rush D"

LMAO

When were we the 29th ranked rush D? Week 7??

rabblerouser 01-23-2020 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All22 (Post 14746597)
They gave up 10 points on long drives and another 7 on a quick score from a extremely short field.

Your defense has played well, in the second half, but "lights out" is not at all accurate.

And that's it. And then our offense scored 51 points.

Think about that.

rabblerouser 01-23-2020 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14746598)
It was 10 points for the defense. Field goal drive was legit by the Texans. That was the infamous coward decision by O'Brien to not go for it on 4th and 1 deep in KC territory.

Even if Dickless O'Brien would've went for it and they scored, it would've been 51-35 at the end.

BossChief 01-23-2020 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dowd (Post 14746577)
I respect the Chiefs fans and their team. Mahome's is amazing and with these weapons he is easily the best QB in football imo.

With that said, the more and more I think about this game the more I think that the 49ers win this game decisively. Our rushing attack is nothing like the Titan's and against your 29th ranked run D, We are gonna keep Mahomes off the field and wear your D out. There's very few D's in the league who can slow the 49ers rushing attack when Kyle unleashes his playbook and the Chiefs defense certainly isn't one of them with all due respect.

I just don't see the Chiefs stopping our rush. We're gonna keep Mahomes on the sidelines limiting his oppertunities. I don't care how good anybody's offense is, nobody just scores on this defense at will when we're fully healthy. Maybe during garbage time

Our D line is no joke and the ability to rush 4 with consistent pressure from all angles is gonna a huge problem for KC. I think the Chiefs are a great team and definitely a top four team but I just don't think they match up well with us at all.

It's pretty much banking that Mahomes balls out and even if he does, there's no reason to think that the 49ers can't score against Chiefs D to be in the game.

Of course anything can happen and both teams are good enough to blow each other out if one or two things go a certain way but Chiefs fans should be very worried about what the 49ers are bringing to this matchup. If we have to open up the playbook like we did in the shootout with the Saints, we're very capable of doing that.

Over the last 8 games, we have held teams to under a hundred yard average rushing. Your team allows 113 rush yards per game.

I guarantee you that your team will be held in check on the ground with the exception of a possible play or 2. This isn’t even close to the defense that started the year giving up big run yardage because they were learning a completely new scheme as well as multiple formation changes and most of the starters were brand new to the team.

We didn’t have Pennel yet.
We didn’t have Terrell Suggs yet.
Frank Clark was having nerve issues.
Chris Jones was still learning to play disciplined football.

Do yourself a favor so you don’t look ignorant....

Go watch 2 early in the year games of KC and then watch a couple recent games.

You guys are flat out NOT going to put up big rushing numbers against THIS KC run defense.