ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Report: Sneed likely to stay with Chiefs and play the tag (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352752)

scho63 03-17-2024 11:26 AM

$20 million is life altering too.

milkshock 03-17-2024 12:47 PM

Report: Sneed likely to stay with Chiefs and play the tag

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17447458)
Just take the money Sneed. Pretty sure there’s an offer with at least $30-32 million guaranteed.

Far better to take that than only $19.8 million.

On the other hand he has just seen Jones play hardball last year and win big financially this year

Perhaps he sees some value in that approach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BossChief 03-17-2024 01:25 PM

I’m hoping Veach is having real conversations with Sneed about being able to keep him at x amount and Sneed ends up signing a “hometown discount” while accounting for “seeing red and more rings”

Straight, No Chaser 03-17-2024 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 17447626)
I’m hoping Veach is having real conversations with Sneed about being able to keep him at x amount and Sneed ends up signing a “hometown discount” while accounting for “seeing red and more rings”

Hometown Discount? “Because we have rings”. Not sure what that means nowadays (a nothing burger). As reported, other teams’ cool to the idea of giving up picks. He’s our lockdown corner. Trust in Veachi to give him what he’s worth. Much better than seeing help out Detroit’s defense

kccrow 03-17-2024 01:53 PM

Go ahead and make him the highest-paid CB in the league. What does it matter?

Let's say it's 4y/85m w/30m SB guarantee the 1st 2 year's salaries. You can come out at approximate hits of 14/20/24/27 with a fully guaranteed 47.5m (56%).

If Kelce retires after this season, you've already paid for Sneed in 25. If he doesn't, you can cut Thuney loose and get cheaper on the interior.

I'm not worried a bit about signing Sneed and making money work. It's easy.

Sofa King 03-17-2024 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17447653)

Let's say it's 4y/85m w/30m SB guarantee the 1st 2 year's salaries. You can come out at approximate hits of 14/20/24/27 with a fully guaranteed 47.5m (56%).

If Kelce retires after this season, you've already paid for Sneed in 25. If he doesn't, you can cut Thuney loose and get cheaper on the interior.

We have 23 players on the roster for next year with only 48 million in cap space. Which is before any earned incentives. Bolton, Creed, Reid, Smith, Omenihu, Butker, "Sneed" etc etc etc... Then McDuffie and George, etc the following year

So no, it's not easy.

Danguardace 03-17-2024 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 17447658)
We have 23 players on the roster for next year with only 48 million in cap space. Which is before any earned incentives. Bolton, Creed, Reid, Smith, Omenihu, Butker, "Sneed" etc etc etc... Then McDuffie and George, etc the following year

So no, it's not easy.

You will have 2 drafts to fill out that 2025 roster so its not as bad it seems.

The Franchise 03-17-2024 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danguardace (Post 17447670)
You will have 2 drafts to fill out that 2025 roster so its not as bad it seems.

So 40 players. Still nowhere near enough.

IowaHawkeyeChief 03-17-2024 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17447653)

I think Kelce will play two more years, min. Probably 3. Some big records that he will hit and pad and will probably never get broken.

IowaHawkeyeChief 03-17-2024 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 17447672)

Again, based on interviews and reporting, Veach is planned out, as much as possible, 3-4 years. This is what seems to make us so much better is Coach/GM consistency.

BossChief 03-17-2024 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 17447672)

Plus restricted and ERFAs, UDFAs

These guys know what they’re doing.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-17-2024 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 17447690)
Plus restricted and ERFAs, UDFAs

These guys know what they’re doing.

And a rising cap....and options to restructure etc

pugsnotdrugs19 03-17-2024 09:00 PM

If they settle for a 3rd and some change, I think it’s pretty clear there’s reasons beyond our knowledge for the deal being pushed through. Maybe it comes out as the knee, just prioritizing other young players’ deals, cap issues, simply their belief in drafting good secondary players, etc etc.

But just as there was with Marcus Peters and Tyreek Hill, there’s always more to the story when a team makes a move that doesn’t make total and complete sense re: player value. And that’s if we care to look past the fact that other NFL teams are the ones showing the Chiefs what he’s worth right now.

When we talk about big long term extensions, I worry a little bit about what happens to Sneed if the NFL decides they’re going to emphasize defensive contact or holding entering a season as they pick stuff out every year for officials to hone in on. You know the league isn’t loving how offenses aren’t scoring as much lately. That happens, his game goes down the shitter. It’ll be worse than Jawaan Taylor’s situation.

Chief Pagan 03-17-2024 10:27 PM

If it's his knee is pushing the value down, isn't that what conditional picks are for?

A third now and then a pick next year based on his playing time?

gordonelloyd 03-17-2024 10:47 PM

Hope this gets done soon, one way, or the other, especially before the draft. Really don’t want it to turn into a Chris Jones drag out situation.