ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2024 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352631)

staylor26 03-17-2024 05:23 PM

Round 3 is up!

ToxSocks 03-17-2024 06:49 PM

With the 60th overall pick the Buffalo Bills select Bralen Trice, Edge, Washington.

Couch-Potato 03-17-2024 07:07 PM

DET Lions select Payton Wilson, LB, NC ST.

JPH83 03-18-2024 12:39 AM

Baltimore Ravens select Christian Haynes, G, Conneticut

Chargem 03-18-2024 03:47 AM

This has fallen quite nicely for the Chiefs again, there are at least 2 options I would be happy with here after the 49ers pick

duncan_idaho 03-18-2024 05:36 AM

I’m on mobile (on vacay with the fam), but pretend I kept my Kyle Shanahan = Kendal Roy shtick going here. Something something not as good as daddy something something nepo baby.

The 49ers select Adisa Isaac, DE, Penn State.

Something something “edge rusher” is a stupid term that should be taken out into a field and made an example of, like a Mexican cartel making an example of a snitch or traitor. As an abbreviation, it also is stupid, as it is a whopping one character shorter that DE/OLB and teams have schemes to boot that make it clear whether they’re a DE or OLB.

Chargem 03-18-2024 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17448265)
I’m on mobile (on vacay with the fam), but pretend I kept my Kyle Shanahan = Kendal Roy shtick going here. Something something not as good as daddy something something nepo baby.

The 49ers select Adisa Isaac, DE, Penn State.

Something something “edge rusher” is a stupid term that should be taken out into a field and made an example of, like a Mexican cartel making an example of a snitch or traitor. As an abbreviation, it also is stupid, as it is a whopping one character shorter that DE/OLB and teams have schemes to boot that make it clear whether they’re a DE or OLB.

Have DM'd Duncan and told him he needs to re-pick, unless he is suggesting sharing Isaac with the Falcons who took him with the 43rd pick.

DJ's left nut 03-18-2024 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPH83 (Post 17445232)
I just think it's hard to justify pushing for that 5th year on a guy you only really want after the top talent is gone. That extra year feels pretty good if it's a guy you're fairly confident in, I don't think that's Nix.

If you're not that confident in Nix, you probably shouldn't be taking him in the early 30s.

If he's good enough to take at 44. If you're happy to take him in the early 2nd, you should probably be willing to give a 3rd rounder and take him in the 1st. Especially if learning curve, not raw ability, is your concern.

JPH83 03-18-2024 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17448339)
If you're not that confident in Nix, you probably shouldn't be taking him in the early 30s.

If he's good enough to take at 44. If you're happy to take him in the early 2nd, you should probably be willing to give a 3rd rounder and take him in the 1st. Especially if learning curve, not raw ability, is your concern.

Except I don't think I need to take him late in the 1st. I get him where I got him, keep my picks to build round him as best I can. If he's Jalen Hurts, great, if he blows, oh well, hopefully the next guy has a little more talent around him when I ditch Nix.

Rain Man 03-18-2024 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 17448282)
Have DM'd Duncan and told him he needs to re-pick, unless he is suggesting sharing Isaac with the Falcons who took him with the 43rd pick.

That would be a rough commute.

staylor26 03-18-2024 08:34 AM

I'm going to give duncan a little bit of time to change his pick before I do.

staylor26 03-18-2024 09:07 AM

Ok, I'm going to assume Duncan might be a while since he's on vacay.

The 49ers select Marshawn Kneeland, EDGE, Western Michigan

Trying to stick with the same position, since Kneeland would also be a great value at the end of the 2nd.

Chargem is on the clock. If Duncan returns before then, he can change this pick. Once Chargem has picked, we move on.

Rain Man 03-18-2024 09:47 AM

Pick a future Hall of Famer, chargem. Do it.

DJ's left nut 03-18-2024 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPH83 (Post 17448365)
Except I don't think I need to take him late in the 1st. I get him where I got him, keep my picks to build round him as best I can. If he's Jalen Hurts, great, if he blows, oh well, hopefully the next guy has a little more talent around him when I ditch Nix.

It's not about need. It's about the value of the 5th year option - that's all.

Now if you're the Raiders and your position is "hey, that's a problem for 4 years from now; meanwhile I need that 3rd rounder to fix problems I have right this very second..." then I get it.

But man, QBs are just so damn expensive. There's the possibility of that 5th year option have $10-$20 million in surplus value.

It'd be an interesting study really - what's the 'cash value' of a 3rd round pick on average. And what's the cash value of the average 5th year option season?

JPH83 03-18-2024 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17448476)
It's not about need. It's about the value of the 5th year option - that's all.

Now if you're the Raiders and your position is "hey, that's a problem for 4 years from now; meanwhile I need that 3rd rounder to fix problems I have right this very second..." then I get it.

But man, QBs are just so damn expensive. There's the possibility of that 5th year option have $10-$20 million in surplus value.

It'd be an interesting study really - what's the 'cash value' of a 3rd round pick on average. And what's the cash value of the average 5th year option season?

Yep, they're expensive, but when you find a good one you pay them because they'll be worth it. If I found one in R2 along with a guy to protect his right side for cheap for 5 years, as well as a 3rd pick to round out the team I'd take it. Lord knows the Raiders need picks too. So yeah I think your evaluation of my approach is about right