ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352059)

SHOWTIME 01-29-2024 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17374141)
Yea, because one game/decision means that Andy and Campbell are basically the same when it comes to going for it on 4th down versus taking the points!

Who said they are the same? All I'm saying is that Reid is not immune from making bad 4th down decisions...

ThaVirus 01-29-2024 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17374074)
Remember when Miami and Buffalo fans only had injury excuses after losing to KC?

And then, KC had just as bad or worse injuries and still got the ****ing job done in Baltimore?

Good times

Mmm, I don’t think our injuries were on that level.

The Dolphins had lost their two best pass rushers already and Tyreek, Mostert, Achane and Waddle were all injured in the weeks leading up to our game.

The Bills might have had it worse with having Milano, Tre White, and was it Poyer or Hyde out? I can’t remember. Gabe Davis was out as well. Taron Johnson prob shouldn’t have played and there were also rumblings that Stefon Diggs had a foot injury late in the season, though I don’t think it’s been confirmed.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-29-2024 08:24 AM

This is such a big spot for San Francisco. To finally get back to the big stage, and then you have to play the team who knocked you off in the first place… I don’t know man, I know each team only has like five or six players still left from 2019, But man there’s a lot of pressure on that team And Coach.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-29-2024 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17374173)

The Dolphins had lost their two best pass rushers already and Tyreek, Mostert, Achane and Waddle were all injured in the weeks leading up to our game.

The Bills might have had it worse with having Milano, Tre White, and was it Poyer or Hyde out? I can’t remember. Gabe Davis was out as well. Taron Johnson prob shouldn’t have played and there were also rumblings that Stefon Diggs had a foot injury late in the season, though I don’t think it’s been confirmed.

Look, I understand, the point is do you think anyone would have been talking about our injuries had the Chiefs lost? No. We don’t get the benefit of those excuses anymore.

dirk digler 01-29-2024 08:25 AM

As I said earlier in the thread I like this matchup so much better than the Lions. We can handle Purdy and their defense isn't very good.

Felt similar against the Ravens, which was to make the Ravens a passing team as our d backs could smother their WR's. The Ravens D though is legit.

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-29-2024 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KobesPilot (Post 17373894)
RUN IT BACK!! FROM THE ****ING WILDCARD
TWO PEAT LETS GOOOOO

We weren't the wild card, but we did have to win 2 on the road.

Rausch 01-29-2024 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17374175)
This is such a big spot for San Francisco. To finally get back to the big stage, and then you have to play the team who knocked you off in the first place… I don’t know man, I know each team only has like five or six players still left from 2019, But man there’s a lot of pressure on that team And Coach.

It's not going to be a close game. Their D still has a ton of talent but they play like shit and constantly bleed yardage. Not as good as their 19 defense.

And Purdy. Come on. This D will eat that kid alive. We might win by three TD's if our defense gets one.

O.city 01-29-2024 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17374173)

Who ****ing cares at this point.

You wanna be talked about like Mahomes, ****ing win the game. Because he does.

It's football. Injuries happen.

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-29-2024 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHOWTIME (Post 17374124)
Except Andy went for it on 4th down yesterday deep in Baltimore's territory and ran it with Pacheco for a loss...

He wouldn't have if we were up 14... also those wer 4th and 3-5 yards as well.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-29-2024 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17374186)

Yep; that’s the point I wanted to make.

Bills Mafia and a lot of talking heads are still making excuses for Josh, when the guy he is trying to be like just ****ing wins the game regardless. It takes historical bad injury luck to take the Chiefs out of a game (LV).

dirk digler 01-29-2024 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17374186)

Shit Mahomes won last year playing on one leg. Don't want to hear about it.

wachashi 01-29-2024 08:32 AM

I like our quarterback against their quarterback.

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-29-2024 08:37 AM

Brock Purdy is Tua... Very similar. Rhythm passer and needs to throw when he hits his back foot. He has a little more scramble play making ability, but that gets him in trouble as well. He was pretty fortunate on 2-3 of those type of plays yesterday.

DrunkBassGuitar 01-29-2024 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHOWTIME (Post 17374166)
Who said they are the same? All I'm saying is that Reid is not immune from making bad 4th down decisions...

I'm not saying Reid is infallible but Reid also doesn't (maybe I'm wrong) decide he's going for it on 4 no matter what like Campbell does. I mean year Reid has done some pretty aggressive shit sometimes but not the way Campbell does it.

dirk digler 01-29-2024 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar (Post 17374221)
I'm not saying Reid is infallible but Reid also doesn't (maybe I'm wrong) decide he's going for it on 4 no matter what like Campbell does. I mean year Reid has done some pretty aggressive shit sometimes but not the way Campbell does it.

Yep though I thought Reid should have kicked that FG on that 4th down play or chose a different play. But I would have kicked the FG to go up double digits.