ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Traitors, Losers and Cowards from the day of battle ( GDT gems) (2021+) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341399)

Pasta Little Brioni 12-19-2021 08:42 PM

This is a work of art thread, pawn

Pitt Gorilla 12-19-2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 16022396)
Such a crap thread. Guess what, each and every one of those posters are happy the chiefs won. Calling out people for being down on the team when they don't play well, in a game thread, is a real dick move.

Decades of because chiefs is embedded in them. That's not their fault.

We all have our moments.

That bullshit disappeared once we hoisted the Lombardi. Period.

For whatever reason, Chief Fan can't wait to shit on the Chiefs in real time. I don't get it. It must, somehow, make them feel better.

chiefzilla1501 12-19-2021 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 16022220)
Weird flex.

It is kind of offputting to see DJ's Left in there. That's not generally his character.

I think he and a few others in that thread were acknowledging mahomes was having a bad game. Which is a fair take until the last few drives.

The rest of the comments about him being broken and legit talking about sidelining him are complete trash

WilliamTheIrish 12-19-2021 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16022906)
I've seen a lot of "ERMERGERD THE HOURS SPENT ON THIS THREAD" ....and besides the obvious reasons for saying that, if you do the math.....

~4000 posts and let's say you can skim a post every 3 seconds, which is probably high considering the number of very short posts in a GDT, but it'll also take page loads into account.

That's 22 minutes.

And if you're an elite internet browser user, you're wheel-clicking (or whatever mouse shortcut) to open each 'Quote' in a new tab so you're not going back and forth all the time. And of course you're using 80 posts/page, because you're not a ****ing Neanderthal.

And I think I counted 71 posts. So, that's 71 copy/paste jobs into a thread, let's say that takes 5 seconds each.

So we're up to 28 minutes.

Out of those 71 posts, 14 have commentary... let's say 20 seconds per comment on average (several are pretty short).

So we're at 32 minutes.

There's also some clicks to create the thread and read it over... a few more minutes.

35 minutes...... then we'll add 10 minutes for any overages.

So, 45 minutes max to put something like this together, easily completed in the time it takes to watch one quarter of football in the background while sipping a nice bourbon or spirit of choice.

LMAO

This is the CP equivalent of the “jerk ratio” from Silicon Valley.

Pitt Gorilla 12-19-2021 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 16022597)
I think it's ok to say "Mahomes made a shitty throw" and "Damnit Andy, what were you thinking"

That's a play-by-play comment. Nothing wrong with that.

It's the "game over" and "Mahomes is done", etc comments that deserve this kind of unveiling.

Pawn is doing work, and it's very, very good.

:clap:

srvy 12-19-2021 08:49 PM

You do realize nobody is infalable.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Bearcat 12-19-2021 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 16022929)
LMAO

This is the CP equivalent of the “jerk ratio” from Silicon Valley.

Just like the shake weight strategy, there are probably efficiencies to be gained. Pre-loading pages in separate tabs would shave off seconds. You could use a clipboard app to copy a bunch of quotes at once and then paste them all at once, instead of the back and forth. The real deal would be to record them during the game, which is barely even a waste of time since you're already in there for the game anyway.

https://i.imgur.com/a6iYLYZ.gif

Baby Lee 12-19-2021 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 16022937)

We do now. ;)

Abba-Dabba 12-19-2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16022906)
I've seen a lot of "ERMERGERD THE HOURS SPENT ON THIS THREAD" ....and besides the obvious reasons for saying that, if you do the math.....

~4000 posts and let's say you can skim a post every 3 seconds, which is probably high considering the number of very short posts in a GDT, but it'll also take page loads into account.

That's 22 minutes.

And if you're an elite internet browser user, you're wheel-clicking (or whatever mouse shortcut) to open each 'Quote' in a new tab so you're not going back and forth all the time. And of course you're using 80 posts/page, because you're not a ****ing Neanderthal.

And I think I counted 71 posts. So, that's 71 copy/paste jobs into a thread, let's say that takes 5 seconds each.

So we're up to 28 minutes.

Out of those 71 posts, 14 have commentary... let's say 20 seconds per comment on average (several are pretty short).

So we're at 32 minutes.

There's also some clicks to create the thread and read it over... a few more minutes.

35 minutes...... then we'll add 10 minutes for any overages.

So, 45 minutes max to put something like this together, easily completed in the time it takes to watch one quarter of football in the background while sipping a nice bourbon or spirit of choice.

elite internet browser user

Thanks for the smiles.

eDave 12-19-2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 16022917)
This is a work of art thread, pawn

It's what makes CP special.

TwistedChief 12-19-2021 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 16022937)

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Some are unflappable, others are fappable, but no one, and I mean no one, is infallible.

WilliamTheIrish 12-19-2021 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16022944)
Some are unflappable, others are fappable, but no one, and I mean no one, is infallible.

None are inflatable.

Pitt Gorilla 12-19-2021 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16022547)
Tell me what I said that was disappointing, and not from Pawn's reeruned POV. Read what I said and react to that.

I said his worst pass of the year was not elite, that's IT. Even Pawn's reeruned retort is 'well duh, can't be perfect on every play' which I didn't even insist on. It was a factual observation. One people not blinded by hatred and narratives in their own mind would actually agree with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16015361)
Evidently, rationality like this transforms you from a Chiefs fan to a gutless pussy who needs to die a fiery death.

This was your reaction to someone claiming that Mahomes was "still a ****ing mess" and "playing like shit."

I agree it's not disappointing, but I could see how someone might think that.

Wallcrawler 12-19-2021 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 16022865)
The funny thing is literally the only people who ever thumbs down me are quoted in the OP and confirmed dumbasses

Imagine giving a single **** about a thumbs up/down.

Insecurity Planet.

Baby Lee 12-19-2021 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 16022951)
This was your reaction to someone claiming that Mahomes was "still a ****ing mess" and "playing like shit."

I agree it's not disappointing, but I could see how someone might think that.

No, that was my reaction to someone in the game thread of an exciting game focusing their energy on calling other Chiefs fans gutless pussies who need to die a fiery death.