ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the 49ers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317467)

Sassy Squatch 09-19-2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninerfan0724 (Post 13745926)
The chiefs running game will be very limited. Mahomes is going to have to pass and pass a lot . Your running back took a jab at my running back (Matt Brenda #1 rusher in the league) claiming that he is not a cheetah. And that he is too slow to be called a cheetah. Should be interesting bulletin board material.

Question? Do you guys have strong physical corners? And how well do your safety play in coverage?

LMAO Why is our running game going to be limited? The only reason Kareem Hunt hasn't done much is because Mahomes is too busy sack dragging all over the opposing defenses faces. Steelers have a DL consisting of Heyward, Tuitt, and Hargrave and Hunt went a respectable 18 for 75. You're allowing over 100 rushing yards per game at a 4.3 YPC clip. Totally pedestrian, that is.

Mahomer 09-19-2018 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13745946)
LMAO Why is our running game going to be limited? The only reason Kareem Hunt hasn't done much is because Mahomes is too busy sack dragging all over the opposing defenses faces. Steelers have a DL consisting of Heyward, Tuitt, and Hargrave and Hunt went a respectable 18 for 75. You're allowing over 100 rushing yards per game at a 4.3 YPC clip. Totally pedestrian, that is.

Plus Matt Breida's numbers are totally skewed, take away that big 66-yard run and he's nowhere near the number 1 RB in the league. Joe Mixon should be the adjusted leading rusher in the league and he would be soon if he wasn't injured. Once Breida's rushing attempts increase he won't be at no.1 anymore.

ninerfan0724 09-19-2018 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13745946)

You have to remember we are getting Reuben Foster back. He is was one of the top rated linebackers in the league. We played those games without him. He will make a dramatic difference. Hence why I said your running game will be limited.

ninerfan0724 09-19-2018 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahomer (Post 13745967)
Plus Matt Breida's numbers are totally skewed, take away that big 66-yard run and he's nowhere near the number 1 RB in the league. Joe Mixon should be the adjusted leading rusher in the league and he would be soon if he wasn't injured. Once Breida's rushing attempts increase he won't be at no.1 anymore.

Breida is a second string running back. Alfred Morris is the starter. I will expect Brieda to be the starter now. I expect more snaps and more yardage in this weeks game.

loochy 09-19-2018 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahomer (Post 13745967)

Why would you take away that 66 yard run? He made that run. Do we randomly take away some of Mahomes' TD throws just to skew the stats?
Posted via Mobile Device

ToxSocks 09-19-2018 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninerfan0724 (Post 13745926)
The chiefs running game will be very limited. Mahomes is going to have to pass and pass a lot . Your running back took a jab at my running back (Matt Brenda #1 rusher in the league) claiming that he is not a cheetah. And that he is too slow to be called a cheetah. Should be interesting bulletin board material.

Question? Do you guys have strong physical corners? And how well do your safety play in coverage?

Why would our running game be limited?

I heard some jackass on the radio the other day say that our running game hasn't been effective.

Stop looking at the box scores. Our running game is effective. Kareem is breaking off positive runs and keeping the offense ahead in down and distance.

We just don't run the ball 30 damn times a game.

Sassy Squatch 09-19-2018 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninerfan0724 (Post 13745984)
You have to remember we are getting Reuben Foster back. He is was one of the top rated linebackers in the league. We played those games without him. He will make a dramatic difference. Hence why I said your running game will be limited.

LMAO Hunt was the #1 RB last year. Only thing that changed was our LG, who sucks just as bad as the old one did.

Imon Yourside 09-19-2018 01:23 PM

Our Running game is suspect...ok....Bwahahaha The only thing suspect about it is the fact we don't need it. When we needed it against the squeelers we ran the clock out. I sincerely hope the 49'ers key to stop our run, it won't be pretty.

htismaqe 09-19-2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13745992)
Why would you take away that 66 yard run? He made that run. Do we randomly take away some of Mahomes' TD throws just to skew the stats?
Posted via Mobile Device

It's called a statistical outlier. He only has 22 carries. It's highly unlikely he's going to be the NFL rushing leader in week 10 because that one 66 yard run won't have nearly as much weight.

O.city 09-19-2018 01:29 PM

What the hell is Brieda?

Jimmy is gonna have to beat us with his arm. IF the first 2 games are an indicator, it won't be too hard.

Mahomer 09-19-2018 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13745992)
Posted via Mobile Device

Because awarding the kid as the leading rusher of the league without acknowledging how skewed that title is after 2 weeks is disingenuous. That would be the same as forecasting Mahomes as an 80 TD/0 INT QB right now. Regression to the mean and adjusting via rushing attempts would imply Breita isn't the top rusher of the league even though technically he is. You can do the same with Mahomes right now and it still would show him and Fitz as the top QB's.

Mecca 09-19-2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninerfan0724 (Post 13745984)

Yea totally worried about that when you're bringing the 31st rated passing D to town...

Jerm 09-19-2018 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninerfan0724 (Post 13745700)
We are getting Reuben Foster back this week along with Marquis Goodwin (hopefully). We put up 30 on the lions without Goodwin. This could be an old fashion shootout. But we also have the number rusher in the league Matt Brieda. Also our cornerback Sherman has only allow 1 catch this year. Should make for an interesting contest. We have to get Mahomes off his throwing spot by putting pressure up the middle. If we get a lead we can slow the game down with our running game. I don't think that can be said about your running game as our linebackers (Rueben Foster, Fred Werner) are pretty fast.

Have you.....watched Mahomes play?

ptlyon 09-19-2018 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13746026)
What the hell is Brieda?

I like it on triscuts or Melba toast

htismaqe 09-19-2018 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 13746053)
Have you.....watched Mahomes play?

No kidding.