ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Unpopular opinion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329624)

SuperBowl4 03-01-2020 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 14819811)
What am I risking?

Warts on your ass maybe? You're probably not a underwear model so take a chance! :thumb:

Baby Lee 03-01-2020 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 14819804)
I hate Rush and The Who so god damn much

I can see Rush as an acquired taste, their sound is often clinical so it's almost more of an exercise or a drill than a musical expression.

But I honestly can't imagine hating The Who, I'm not fanatical, but their music is just so energetic. I can imagine getting burnt out on the energy level if you listen for extended periods, but hating it outright?

OTOH, whomever touted The Doors. There's a band I grew to hate. It's just so sloppy and noodly It reminds me of a drunk mumbling in his sleep on a subway car.

Snooooore . . . DAY DIVIDES THE NIGHT!! . . . urp, mumble grumble . . . . NIGHT DIVIDES THE DAY!!! harrumph. . . .

Bump 03-01-2020 02:28 PM

Rock and roll is completely dead and will never come back.

Mennonite 03-01-2020 02:32 PM

The problem is with classic rock radio. They have condensed their playlists to the point that you are only hearing the top 5 songs (sometimes only the top one or two) by these artists and have played them to death for forty or fifty years. It's aimed at an older crowd and I think it's basically just familiar background noise for a lot of people. For others, it's been five decades of torture as idiots call in to request Sweet Home Alabama even though the station just played it an hour ago.

displacedinMN 03-01-2020 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 14819884)
The problem is with classic rock radio. They have condensed their playlists to the point that you are only hearing the top 5 songs (sometimes only the top one or two) by these artists and have played them to death for forty or fifty years. It's aimed at an older crowd and I think it's basically just familiar background noise for a lot of people. For others, it's been five decades of torture as idiots call in to request Sweet Home Alabama even though the station just played it an hour ago.

True. It stinks. Need +1000 song rotation.

OH MY IT HAPPENED

Easy 6 03-01-2020 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14819844)
I can see Rush as an acquired taste, their sound is often clinical so it's almost more of an exercise or a drill than a musical expression.

But I honestly can't imagine hating The Who, I'm not fanatical, but their music is just so energetic. I can imagine getting burnt out on the energy level if you listen for extended periods, but hating it outright?

OTOH, whomever touted The Doors. There's a band I grew to hate. It's just so sloppy and noodly It reminds me of a drunk mumbling in his sleep on a subway car.

Snooooore . . . DAY DIVIDES THE NIGHT!! . . . urp, mumble grumble . . . . NIGHT DIVIDES THE DAY!!! harrumph. . . .

Clinical is a great word for it, I can understand that they’re top shelf musicians and still find their music boring and completely lacking in raw emotion at the same time

Shiver Me Timbers 03-01-2020 02:38 PM

Flock of Seagulls are from IRAN

Shiver Me Timbers 03-01-2020 02:38 PM

BTO is not an American Band

Shiver Me Timbers 03-01-2020 02:39 PM

Jesus was not ok with the Doobies

Easy 6 03-01-2020 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers (Post 14819893)
Jesus was not ok with the Doobies

LMAO

LiveSteam 03-01-2020 02:57 PM

Lol

LongSufferingToady 03-01-2020 03:57 PM

I hate Trump as a person. I wouldn't let my daughter date him, marry him, or just have random sex with him. He's a lousy human being, insecure, and a grotesque bully.

That said, I agree with many things the administration has attempted to do in policies, like stronger immigration rules, handling of refugees (outside of caging children. Yes, I know Obama did it too, but I didn't know he did it or I would have been very angry at him as well), NAFTA negotiations and the like.

So that makes me unpopular in both left and right circles...

oldman 03-01-2020 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 14819818)
I've always heard that they were a better live band than in the studio.

They were a great live band. I was sitting in the 4th row at the Music Hall in 1968. They did their usual number of smashing their equipment at the end and pieces of guitar and assorted percussion equipment went flying as far as the 10th or 11th row. I caught a chunk of Moon's guitar, but I gave it to the hippy-dippy girlfriend.

PurpleRiders51 03-01-2020 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 14820000)
They were a great live band. I was sitting in the 4th row at the Music Hall in 1968. They did their usual number of smashing their equipment at the end and pieces of guitar and assorted percussion equipment went flying as far as the 10th or 11th row. I caught a chunk of Moon's guitar, but I gave it to the hippy-dippy girlfriend.

Moon was the drummer, he didn't have a guitar on stage as far as I remember.

displacedinMN 03-01-2020 04:25 PM

Racing is not a sport.

Disclaimer-Not like I care-but this was a common theme on a sports call in show over 20 years ago. Just thought I would throw it out there.