ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News 17 dead after duck boat capsizes on Table Rock Lake (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316341)

Dartgod 07-22-2018 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 13639559)
Are you suggesting that is a non-ban able offense?

Ummm, sure.

This is getting weird.

vailpass 07-22-2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13639056)
"Steve Paul, owner of the Test Drive Technologies inspection service in the St. Louis area, said he issued a written report for the company in August 2017. It explained why the boats' engines - and pumps that remove water from their hulls - might fail in inclement weather"

Reported by AP

Do you think that this defect was disclosed to Ripley and was documented as part of the sale or did Ripley not know that the bilge system needed upgrading?

This may open up the food chain to the past owners.

I read the story on this inspector and his quotes. If what he says can be verified I’ll be surprised if there are any duck boats left in business in their current form.

Flying High D 07-22-2018 08:02 PM

He was on the news the other day. Steve inspected the equipment before Ripley Entertainment made the purchase. He said the exhaust ports were located in the front of the boat. He said the he exhaust can’t exit before the passengers and also water could enter through those exhaust in rough water and stall the engines.

Bugeater 07-22-2018 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 13639561)
Ummm, sure.

This is getting weird.

It's blueballs. Of course it's getting weird.

Dartgod 07-22-2018 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 13639640)
It's blueballs. Of course it's getting weird.

That's blueballs? Hell, I can't keep up anymore.

cooper barrett 07-22-2018 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 13639633)
He was on the news the other day. Steve inspected the equipment before Ripley Entertainment made the purchase. He said the exhaust ports were located in the front of the boat. He said the he exhaust can’t exit before the passengers and also water could enter through those exhaust in rough water and stall the engines.

I see exhaust going up and over the roofline in some pics but not in this pic of a Branson Duck. Refitting bilge pumps would not be a big deal and with canopies the water taken on would be minimal.

NTSB former head issues statement but Hall appeared to do nothing concrete while holding position.

stumppy 07-22-2018 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 13639545)
Something doesn't add up here. It's 6.3 miles from the duck's home on 76 to the Branson Belle, which is right about where it sank. That's at least a 15 minute drive. This guy lives 5 minutes north of Branson and his son saw them headed for the lake "shortly before seven". How is it possible that they got in the water and then sank at 7:09?

Who knows, maybe his son in the BB area and was telling him this on the phone. That's what I figured considering the distance involved.

stumppy 07-22-2018 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 13639549)
Are you suggesting that I would ban him in order to win an argument?

You should do it now just because. ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni 07-22-2018 09:37 PM

blueballs is an enigma

Prison Bitch 07-22-2018 09:37 PM

https://da4pli3l5vc0d.cloudfront.net...ba7095250d4d73

This woman is prob the only gofundme I'd ever contribute to.

threebag 07-22-2018 10:35 PM

Just heartbreaking. What a hell of a funeral that's going be to sit through. ****

Flying High D 07-22-2018 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13639733)
https://da4pli3l5vc0d.cloudfront.net...ba7095250d4d73

This woman is prob the only gofundme I'd ever contribute to.

A Go Fund Me account started to help out the Coleman family already raised more than $300,000.

luv 07-23-2018 08:10 AM

Friend of mine works for Cox Hospital in Branson where seven of the victims were taken. He was going home from a shift during the storm, but worked the following day (Friday). He had nothing but praise for his co-workers, and he said he cried like a baby after his shift on Friday. The story that most broke his heart was the 13 year old Coleman that survived. He was talking about the last time he saw his brother (one of the four Coleman kids that died).

I had a classmate who worked a majority of her time as an ER doctor in Florida. She never gave details, but there were times when cases were particularly hard to handle when she would vent a little. People often complain about doctors and such in the medical profession, but, whenever situations like these arise, they step up and get the job done regardless of the emotional toll it might take later.

Kudos to those individuals (doctors, nurses, and staff).

cooper barrett 07-23-2018 10:00 AM

I used to date an ER MD and while it was rewarding work it left scars. Those who rose to such an occasion on Thurday will be scared by what they dealt with for ever.
My hat is off to both those who died but those who served..

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 13639953)
Friend of mine works for Cox Hospital in Branson where seven of the victims were taken. He was going home from a shift during the storm, but worked the following day (Friday). He had nothing but praise for his co-workers, and he said he cried like a baby after his shift on Friday. The story that most broke his heart was the 13 year old Coleman that survived. He was talking about the last time he saw his brother (one of the four Coleman kids that died).

I had a classmate who worked a majority of her time as an ER doctor in Florida. She never gave details, but there were times when cases were particularly hard to handle when she would vent a little. People often complain about doctors and such in the medical profession, but, whenever situations like these arise, they step up and get the job done regardless of the emotional toll it might take later.

Kudos to those individuals (doctors, nurses, and staff).

Flying High D 07-23-2018 10:36 AM

How did the Taney County Morque manage 17 corpses?