ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=328296)

TripleThreat 01-23-2020 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All22 (Post 14746544)
The claim was that your defense was playing lights out... it clearly wasn't. You should be worried that Pat has to put up those kinds of performances to beat wild card teams. The 49ers are vastly superior to AFC wild card teams.

Our defense has and is playing lights out.

Derrick Henry rushed for 69 yards 0 scores on 19 carrys after dropping 180 and 190 performances and being hailed as the best RB in 2019.

Carlos Hyde 44 yards 13 carrys 0 scores...

Look at those above stats for a moment and ask yourself if our defense isn't playing lights out? The running game for the opposition is literally non existent....

If your running game can't get going, you actually think jimmy G is going to perform to a level that Mahomes will be performing at even against your elite defense? I highly doubt it. There's a reason New England gave us Matt Cassell and they gave you Jimmy.

SanDiego49er 01-23-2020 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 14746546)
Already tried a few years back... Super up-tight mod's flexing their internet power from what I could tell... Too bad, has/had potential...

If you join under a new name or new computer or new email you probably can. It's just if you make it known that you were a previously banned member they may ban you again. They are a little tighter on some of the rules than some of the other boards around the league I have seen. Swear words and sexual stuff is out. But open debate between opposing teams fans is in. I think they could use a "romper room" style forum on there personally. The Seahawks.net has the "Smack Shack" which you go to in order to talk smack. I'm on there too. I think it's a pretty good forum. But each place has it's own character and moderation.

In some sense you have to look at where it is coming from. It's Northern CA which can be very politically correct and very liberal. More so by a lot than even Southern CA where I live. So I would assume this plays into some of their moderation and the way they manage the board.

But make another account if you want. We have opposing fans all the time over there. It's OK by me for sure. I have no problem with it and I don't think most posters do either with a few exceptions.

BossChief 01-23-2020 01:14 AM

We are practicing this week so we will be ready to hit the gas HARD right away once the game starts.

KC advantages:

Fisher and Schwartz have played well against JOEY Bosa and even though Nick is better, they are similar.

We know exactly how to attach Dee Ford. I really hope he plays a lot in this one. I’m SURE Andy would love to put the clown shoes on him for the idiotic penalty that kept them from the SB last year. As will the rest of the team. I’m sure they will directly attack him in multiple ways.

Frank Clark has experience playing against SF his first 4 years in Seattle.

SF can in NO WAY match up with KCs skill position players. Mahomes will have open people to throw to all game. They will need to run zone and Pat destroys zone defenses.

Garapolo gets fooled easily and we have some very smart players in the secondary that should be able to take the ball away from GQ.

Hern 01-23-2020 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14746545)
SFs OL is good, but they haven’t seen a DL like ours.

Suggs and Clark aren’t giving up the edge. Clark has played against SFs OT for 4 years while in Seattle. Suggs is always a brick wall against the run. The DTs aren’t giving up big holes in run defense. No way.

I honestly think we hold SF to right at 100 rushing yards and force Jimmy into 2 ints and a strip sack.

They don’t have ANYONE to match up to the talent we have in the passing game. Their whole secondary and linebacker crews are outmatched in a huge way.

The only team that can beat this KC team is this KC team.

Synopsis...

SF hasn’t faced a QB like Mahomes
SF hasn’t faced any WR like KC
SF hasn’t faced a Dline like KC

Got cha!!!

Great thing y’all played the Titans. That’s the exact team as ours.

KC 56 - SF 3.... at the half...

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01-23-2020 01:17 AM

For those who already don’t know

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Super Bowl assignments are set – Bill Vinovich has been named <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SBLIV?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SBLIV</a> referee. <a href="https://t.co/52iJdkUWe4">pic.twitter.com/52iJdkUWe4</a></p>&mdash; NFL Officiating (@NFLOfficiating) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLOfficiating/status/1217564667763200001?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 15, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

carcosa 01-23-2020 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hern (Post 14746556)

Finally, a Niners fan with some sense

DRM08 01-23-2020 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 14746552)
Our defense has and is playing lights out.

Derrick Henry rushed for 69 yards 0 scores on 19 carrys after dropping 180 and 190 performances and being hailed as the best RB in 2019.

Carlos Hyde 44 yards 13 carrys 0 scores...

Look at those above stats for a moment and ask yourself if our defense isn't playing lights out? The running game for the opposition is literally non existent....

If your running game can't get going, you actually think jimmy G is going to perform to a level that Mahomes will be performing at even against your elite defense? I highly doubt it. There's a reason New England gave us Matt Cassell and they gave you Jimmy.

Defense had a completely blown coverage against Houston for an easy 50 yard TD. That was a terrible start to the game. They played a lot better in the 2nd half, but it wasn't exactly a lights out performance in general.

KC defense did a good job slowing down Derrick Henry, but they gave up a lot of play action stuff to Tannehill. Tennessee ended up scoring 24 points. That is not exactly chump change, considering the Titans are not a super high scoring team in general. Chiefs did hold them to only 7 points in the second half and that was good. The 17 points in the first half was NOT good.

All22 01-23-2020 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14746545)
SFs OL is good, but they haven’t seen a DL like ours.

They don’t have ANYONE to match up to the talent we have in the passing game. Their whole secondary and linebacker crews are outmatched in a huge way.

We gave up the least amount of passing yards in the last decade despite major injuries at S, CB, and LB.

TripleThreat 01-23-2020 01:22 AM

Quote:

Synopsis...

Got cha!!!

Your team is the titans on steroids, I have said that many times. If you guys had Derrick Henry back there along with Mostert I'd be worried. Since you don't and I don't believe Jimmy G is a true starting QB, I think you guys are in big trouble.

staylor26 01-23-2020 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14746560)
Defense had a completely blown coverage against Houston for an easy 50 yard TD. That was a terrible start to the game. They played a lot better in the 2nd half, but it wasn't exactly a lights out performance in general.

KC defense did a good job slowing down Derrick Henry, but they gave up a lot of play action stuff to Tannehill. Tennessee ended up scoring 24 points. That is not exactly chump change, considering the Titans are not a super high scoring team in general. Chiefs did hold them to only 7 points in the second half and that was good. The 17 points in the first half was NOT good.

So it’s the defenses fault that special teams put them back on the field after getting a stop? I blame the defense for 17 of those points. Same as the Texans game.

The defense has been excellent in the postseason. I like you and welcome all Mahomes fans, but I have to say your lack of knowledge about the rest of the team can be a bit annoying at times. You’re always shitting on this defense. Just look at your comment about this clearly being a 50/50 game and the Chiefs shouldn’t even be favored by 1.

Go watch the breakdowns in the other threads. That defensive performance was ****ing impressive.

BossChief 01-23-2020 01:26 AM

Quote:

Synopsis...

Got cha!!!

You guys have a game manager QB that turns it over frequently. 14 interceptions and 10 fumbles....that’s a lot.

The things that worry me a little about this matchup:

Matching up with Kittle might be difficult.

Your RBs out of the backfield on throws could cause damage.

Your team is overrated and will make some plays but not enough of them.

All22 01-23-2020 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14746560)

That's all I'm sayin...

Too many people on this forum acting like the Chiefs are invincible or like you totally dominated your last 3 teams from start to finish. Even that Chargers game was pretty close.

Hern 01-23-2020 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 14746562)
Your team is the titans on steroids, I have said that many times. If you guys had Derrick Henry back there along with Mostert I'd be worried. Since you don't and I don't believe Jimmy G is a true starting QB, I think you guys are in big trouble.

Guess we’ll see. Definitely been times where Jimmy G worries me with his decision making. But... has definitely showed up when he was needed. Do I trust Jimmy??? Yes. He’ll improve. This is his first season starting he’s had. We’ll be alright. He won’t be Mahomes of course but he’ll definitely be a top 10 QB.

staylor26 01-23-2020 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All22 (Post 14746566)
That's all I'm sayin...

Too many people on this forum acting like the Chiefs are invincible or like large parts you totally dominated your last 3 teams from start to finish. Even that Chargers game was pretty close.

The defense was responsible for 17 points in each game. ST’s were responsible for 21 combined.

I mean you can hope that for the first time in Toub’s tenure we have 3 consecutive games where our ST’s gifts our opponent 7+ points, but don’t be shocked when it doesn’t happen and the defense has another good performance.

All22 01-23-2020 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14746565)
You guys have a game manager QB that turns it over frequently. 14 interceptions and 10 fumbles....that’s a lot.

The things that worry me a little about this matchup:

Matching up with Kittle might be difficult.

Your RBs out of the backfield on throws could cause damage.

Your team is overrated and will make some plays but not enough of them.

Why is the team overrated? We finished 1st in the toughest division, we got the #1 seed in the NFC, every loss we've had has been at the last second (and involved massive amounts of injuries from our team) and we just crushed our two playoff opponents from start to finish. The #2 seed in the NFC was held scoreless until halfway through the 3rd.