ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2018 Royals Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314771)

siberian khatru 07-01-2018 04:12 PM

Keller outing > Royals loss

tk13 07-01-2018 04:16 PM

Also pretty sure that game was 2 hours on the dot.

ChiTown 07-01-2018 04:19 PM

Haven’t bothered to look, but is this on pace to be the worst run producing Royals team of all-time?

Why Not? 07-01-2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 13612480)
Maybe so. But I haven't done anything as ridiculous as what he's done. Several years ago my friend's brother got into similar trouble. He opened up a photography studio in a small town south of KC with a friend of his. They were the only one in town. And obviously technology wasn't anywhere near what it is today

So most of the people in town that wanted professional photography went there if they didn't want to drive closer to the metro. A lot of business from high school students went his way. I'm not sure exactly how many 14 to 17 year old girls he took naked pics of. He was busted by taking a disc of all of the nudes that he had done to someone who he thought could get them either work as models for the ones who would do it, or was trying to sell the pics. However it was the guy asked for a copy of if he could have the disc to show someone to get a deal done. The guy immediately took the illegal material to the police

My friend's brother was arrested. His business partner was lucky enough to prove that he had no idea of what was going on and didn't face any charges. I remember one time we were all having dinner while the trial was going on. I asked how he was doing in jail. The mood in the room shifted. There was silence for a few minutes

Then his dad told me that they didn't know as they did what any person should do in a situation such as that one, and turn their back. At the time and being a lot younger I was kinda pissed that they were so cold about it. The brother had gotten some girl that was still in high school pregnant. She was like 15, 16. They got married. Had a few more kids together

We all thought that it was a little odd. It made perfect sense once he was arrested how bad his issues were. Now that I'm older I understand where his family was coming from a lot better now. And what he did was obviously very wrong. Not to the degree as this ball player. So if a lesser crime gets a family, friends, and everyone else a guys knows to move on, then a much harsher crime deserves at least the same treatment

Yeah but I'm guessing that guy wasn't a kid himself when he opened the photography shop. Look, don't get me wrong, I'm on record here saying that I think it's very suspicious that he plead guilty to a crime he says he never committed. I tend to think he did something wrong. But I don't think a parent should ever(nor is it legal to, in most situations)turn their back on an adolescent child. You can discipline and make condemning statements about your disapproval of their actions, but you still need to shepherd them as best as possible into adulthood. Then do whatever you need to do.

tk13 07-01-2018 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 13612530)
Haven’t bothered to look, but is this on pace to be the worst run producing Royals team of all-time?

Yes. The record for fewest runs during a non-strike season is 586 in 1969, their first year as a team. As of today they're on pace for 562 runs.

You want a really sad stat... that 562 would still be less than the 1994 Royals, who only played 115 games due to the strike.

Why Not? 07-01-2018 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 13612538)
Yes. The record for fewest runs during a non-strike season is 586 in 1969, their first year as a team. As of today they're on pace for 562 runs.

You want a really sad stat... that 562 would still be less than the 1994 Royals, who only played 115 games due to the strike.

That's brutal

ChiTown 07-01-2018 04:31 PM

Quote:

Thanks, and double ouch!

banecat 07-01-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 13612535)
Yeah but I'm guessing that guy wasn't a kid himself when he opened the photography shop. Look, don't get me wrong, I'm on record here saying that I think it's very suspicious that he plead guilty to a crime he says he never committed. I tend to think he did something wrong. But I don't think a parent should ever(nor is it legal to, in most situations)turn their back on an adolescent child. You can discipline and make condemning statements about your disapproval of their actions, but you still need to shepherd them as best as possible into adulthood. Then do whatever you need to do.

No. We were all not too far removed from high school. And he was two or three years older than we were. He would've been in his middle to late twenties at the time. I also can't recall how long his studio was open. I also keep on forgetting that the guy in this case was still in high school

I'm not sure what the laws are. Or if they're different out there in Oregon. They can't make the parents hire an attorney. I also say that and it's just my opinion like you have your own that he became an adult regardless of age once this all came out. He was a teenager doing adult things with a child, unforgivable

tk13 07-01-2018 05:23 PM

If you were hoping for any chance of the Angels being in the mix for Moose, we might have done ourselves in this weekend. Mariners have now won 7 in a row, and the Angels are now 11 games behind the Mariners in the wild card.

gblowfish 07-01-2018 05:38 PM

Quote:

There's suck, then there's ROYALS suck. They have it down to an art form. Nice of them to serve this up for their 50th Anniversary season. I knew when they rolled Sweeney out as their marketing spokesman this year we were doomed.

Al Bundy 07-01-2018 05:45 PM

Quote:

Well this is fun.

CasselGotPeedOn 07-01-2018 06:07 PM

Dayton's done a bang up job

BigCatDaddy 07-01-2018 07:05 PM

Amy chance those FL guys come up next year? We may have a young cheap rotation with Junis and Keller in the mix

Great Expectations 07-01-2018 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 13612029)
His brother, you mean?

I saw that as well, but it was from an article written from Heimlich’s perspective, I think.

Probably, there is so much speculation here.

But, like you I’d stay away.

Chiefspants 07-01-2018 07:25 PM

I struggle with the word speculation.

He admitted guilt - meaning he was advised to due to a preponderance of evidence - and has actually done nothing over the last year to try to vacate that guilty plea.

Dayton loses all of my support (though I’m sure it matters oh so much to him), if he moves forward with this move.