ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***2024 NFL Free Agency*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352525)

UChieffyBugger 03-12-2024 09:56 AM

CHASE CLAYPOOL IS THE GUY!!!..he ain't getting major bag imo and is younger and had better numbers than Mooney.

Mooney would have been OK but my hopes flipped to Claypool yesterday but we'll see. Samuel doesn't move the needle for me and Ridley is an expensive 30 year old which I don't see Veach wanting.

ThaVirus 03-12-2024 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 17438447)
Falcons going all-in for a few one and done seasons with Kirk Cousins.

Their fans need to see some success.

They went out and got a QB who’s had success with multiple franchises and are trying to add weapons to help him right the ship a bit. Now they’ll have Cousins handing off/throwing to Bijan, Drake London, Kyle Pitts, and a guy in Mooney who looks like he could flourish with solid QB play.

I don’t think these signings will lead to a Super Bowl but I don’t think their front office is naive enough to believe it is either. That fan base would be happy with 9-8, 10-7 seasons over the next couple years.

ForeverIowan 03-12-2024 09:56 AM

F it go ahead and grab Derrick Henry. Extend Sneed. Draft Xavier Worthy. Best defense in the NFL with future 1st ballot HOFers Mahomes, Kelce and Henry. Xavier Worthy running deep routes giving a tandem of King Henry and Pacheco light boxes in -10 January football in Arrowhead. Its over.

Wisconsin_Chief 03-12-2024 09:57 AM

$13 million for Mooney is absurd. Atlanta can have him.

Samuel is definitely getting at least that much now, so we're pretty much done with the top tier of free agent WRs. Once again, we won't be getting one which should surprise nobody. I won't be shocked if they just re-sign Hardman and James and look towards the draft. Take at least two of them in the first 4 rounds.

In58men 03-12-2024 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 17438491)
Dude

I corrected it lol

Urc Burry 03-12-2024 09:57 AM

Diontae would be awesome. But the first thing that comes to mind with him is dogging his routes, not blocking, and just standing around when there was a fumble next to him. Same can be said for Pickens

To be fair .. they had a horrendous qb situation. But I’m not sure Andy wants to put up with that shit. Especially after this last year

staylor26 03-12-2024 09:58 AM

Just realized O.city drafted Odunze for the Falcons in the CP mock yesterday LMAO

OnTheWarpath15 03-12-2024 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17438494)
Seriously. OTWP and I were pushing back on Mooney primarily because his price point would be way too high. I have no idea why folks thought he'd be available at the price point they were floating given a legitimate JAG scrub like Duverney that has never done anything ever got 6+ million AAV, but it was never realistic in this market.

I mean, we tried.

No one wanted to listen.

****, I even "undervalued" him by $3-5M per.

All it takes is one stupid team. Just glad that stupid team wasn't us operating out of desperation.

JPH83 03-12-2024 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 17438504)
$13 million for Mooney is absurd. Atlanta can have him.

Samuel is definitely getting at least that much now, so we're pretty much done with the top tier of free agent WRs. Once again, we won't be getting one which should surprise nobody. I won't be shocked if they just re-sign Hardman and James and look towards the draft. Take at least two of them in the first 4 rounds.

Mad FA, he's not worth anything near rhat

Balto 03-12-2024 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17438492)
All for Diontae Johnson at $15 million for a year. Boost his stock and help him get paid again in 2025

I'm in! Plus would only cost us about $10M in cap hit.

O.city 03-12-2024 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17438509)
Just realized O.city drafted Odunze for the Falcons in the CP mock yesterday LMAO

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/KOobSqJrq9lA2ypra6" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/parksandrec-episode-12-parks-and-recreation-rec-KOobSqJrq9lA2ypra6">via GIPHY</a></p>

duncan_idaho 03-12-2024 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17438494)
Seriously. OTWP and I were pushing back on Mooney primarily because his price point would be way too high. I have no idea why folks thought he'd be available at the price point they were floating given a legitimate JAG scrub like Duverney that has never done anything ever got 6+ million AAV, but it was never realistic in this market.

Because there was a lot of talk over the past few weeks about Mooney potentially needing to take a one-year, prove-it deal to get the type of deal he was looking for.

Even after the cap spike.

O.city 03-12-2024 10:00 AM

Swing big for a WR or just go to the draft.

Red Dawg 03-12-2024 10:00 AM

If Samuel's wants a real shot at a ring he will take less and come here.

UChieffyBugger 03-12-2024 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 17438480)
You forgot CEH. He played well in a back up role last year. I think we resign him on a cheap deal, knows the system and played well down the stretch. Probably bring in a 3rd to replace McKinnon, but would be after the draft.

He barely got carries down the stretch. Two carries against the Bills, one carry against the Ravens and one carry against SF. That's not encouraging.