ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Must Watch Series (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258883)

BigBeauford 03-29-2023 07:48 AM

Ted Lasso is back on; my wife is into it, but I'm barely paying attention to it anymore. 1st season was pure magic, these last 2 seasons are something else.

htismaqe 03-29-2023 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 16880186)
Ted Lasso is back on; my wife is into it, but I'm barely paying attention to it anymore. 1st season was pure magic, these last 2 seasons are something else.

Yet another show that we waited forever for the new season and since it's been out, we haven't touched it.

TwistedChief 03-29-2023 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16880195)
Yet another show that we waited forever for the new season and since it's been out, we haven't touched it.

I found the first episode cringey. It felt like some of the dialogue had truly jumped the shark and I was genuinely reluctant to move forward (though my wife hasn't given me much of a choice).

But the second episode was stronger and back on track.

Buehler445 03-29-2023 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 16880186)

Is it all out? This time of year, if I start it, I may not have time to finish, but if the whole season is there, I can throw it on while I'm in the office.

BigBeauford 03-29-2023 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16880224)
Is it all out? This time of year, if I start it, I may not have time to finish, but if the whole season is there, I can throw it on while I'm in the office.

No, it's 1 episode per week.

Buehler445 03-29-2023 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 16880244)
No, it's 1 episode per week.

Gotcha. Thanks. I’ll probably wait until it’s all up before I get into it.

KCUnited 03-30-2023 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 16882501)
Watched season 2 episode 4 this morning. Like a lot of shows lately, history is being rewritten.
Paul Drake, Perry Mason's right hand man back in the day is now black, and does a tremendous job on the part IMO. Also, there is now lesbian/gay action to fit the diversity requirements.

This is the original Paul Drake <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pfseJ1aKSi0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have nothing to base it on but in my mind this is a nod towards Raymond Burr

Tribal Warfare 03-30-2023 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 16882501)
Watched season 2 episode 4 this morning. Like a lot of shows lately, history is being rewritten.
Paul Drake, Perry Mason's right hand man back in the day is now black, and does a tremendous job on the part IMO. Also, there is now lesbian/gay action to fit the diversity requirements.

This is the original Paul Drake <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pfseJ1aKSi0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Which is beyond the suspension of belief back in the depression era for that relationship to occur because they would've been killed.

TwistedChief 03-30-2023 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 16882524)
Which is beyond the suspension of belief back in the depression era for that relationship to occur because they would've been killed.

You haven’t even watched the show, have you? So you have absolutely no idea in terms of the context of said relationship.

Suspending belief to imagine two females have a clandestine relationship in that era? It must be hard to do for someone like you who thinks it must’ve been like living under the Third Reich for lesbians in the 1930s in LA. Shot on site, according to you.

Please return to the land Far Beyond Comprehension.

Tribal Warfare 03-30-2023 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16882887)
You haven’t even watched the show, have you? So you have absolutely no idea in terms of the context of said relationship.

Suspending belief to imagine two females have a clandestine relationship in that era? It must be hard to do for someone like you who thinks it must’ve been like living under the Third Reich for lesbians in the 1930s in LA. Shot on site, according to you.

LOL, Like Perry riding the race horse, banging his sons Teacher, the Hispanic storyline.

Yeah I haven't seen it.

evidently, you never had in depth conversation with an elder about such things

HemiEd 03-30-2023 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16882887)

Once again, the entire point goes right over your head. The fact that this along with race has to be included in current productions is the issue

TwistedChief 03-30-2023 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 16882917)
LOL, Like Perry riding the race horse, banging his sons Teacher, the Hispanic storyline.

Yeah I haven't seen it.

evidently, you never had in depth conversation with an elder about such things

Okay, I respectfully take that back.

But evidently, you feel whatever conversation you had with your grandfather - likely of midwestern descent - is indicative of broad history. Any individual situation represents all situations. Got it.

TwistedChief 03-30-2023 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 16883008)
Once again, the entire point goes right over your head. The fact that this along with race has to be included in current productions is the issue

The fact that it seems to trigger someone like you enough to complain about it on a message board with your online friends is perhaps more of the "issue."

Most people watching the show don't remotely care about or even think about that. You view it as some affront and TribalElder thinks one must "suspend belief" to believe it could occur at that time. Otherwise, death and murder!

You're right - clips of the old Perry Mason must be more indicative of how things actually were at that time. I'm sure TV in the 50s and 60s was pretty much representative of a broad swath of society. I feel bad for your wife that she probably couldn't nod her head like Barbara Eden and make all of your wishes come true.

HemiEd 03-30-2023 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16883070)
The fact that it seems to trigger someone like you enough to complain about it on a message board with your online friends is perhaps more of the "issue."

Most people watching the show don't remotely care about or even think about that. You view it as some affront and TribalElder thinks one must "suspend belief" to believe it could occur at that time. Otherwise, death and murder!

You're right - clips of the old Perry Mason must be more indicative of how things actually were at that time. I'm sure TV in the 50s and 60s was pretty much representative of a broad swath of society. I feel bad for your wife that she probably couldn't nod her head like Barbara Eden and make all of your wishes come true.

ROFL You are so full of yourself it is hilarious.

Megatron96 03-30-2023 07:56 PM

Welp, after years of procrastinating and not getting past season 1 of Yellowstone, I'm diving into the rabbit hole of season 2. I may end up moving to LoLo MT before the end of the week.