ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293623)

Frazod 04-05-2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 12810166)
That's so funny because I bought mine as a night stand weapon as well. Check this... When the wife and I bought the furniture and I saw the hidden drawers on each end I was like hell yes!

That's awesome. :thumb:

notorious 04-05-2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 12810239)
Who gets my suppressor when I die?

Do they still do those trust things?

Yes.

Get a trust. Obama changed the rules a little bit, but I have a feeling that rule is going to get drop-kicked into the toilet soon.

You can't purchase a suppressor through a trust, but you can put in on the trust. When Obama's rule goes away you will be able to buy through a trust again.

Dunit35 04-05-2017 02:03 PM

I talked to the LGS owner. He said without a trust, the owner of my estate gets the suppressor tax free. Has to fill out the form for it. Something like that.

Frazod 04-05-2017 06:09 PM

Just ordered Trijicon night sights for my CZ today. Expensive little ****ers, but a carry gun should have them.

notorious 04-05-2017 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12811324)
Just ordered Trijicon night sights for my CZ today. Expensive little ****ers, but a carry gun should have them.

Yep.

My Sig and HK handguns have them and they are awesome.

Frazod 04-05-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12811334)
Yep.

My Sig and HK handguns have them and they are awesome.

I added night sights to the Glock, and the STX came with them. The Shadow has combat sights. I should get some for my commander 1911, but frankly that CZ is such a perfect carry gun that I can't even remember the last time I took the little 1911 out of the safe. I may end up selling it.

The FN 5.7 is on my radar now. :)

Dunit35 04-05-2017 10:25 PM

Any of you suppressor guys.

I'm looking at the Silencerco Saker 556 ASR. It's meant only for a 556 and 22 calibers. It's 6.76" and weighs 16.7oz. Its DB rating is 134. It's $885 for everything.

Or

The Silencerco Omega 300. It's a 30 cal, rated up to 300 ultra mag. It's about the same length once the brake is removed. It weighs 14 oz but would way closer to 10 oz with the brake removed. Its DB rating for the 556 is 130. It's priced at $1090 OTD.

I love the weight of the Omega but I don't own any rifles other than the 556 that can be canned. I highly doubt I'll own any other caliber. as I prefer C&R firearms. I highly doubt I'll ever put a suppressor on any other weapon than a 556.

Should I stick to the 556 only, save myself $200. I hate the thought of dropping $1100 on just a suppressor. Is the 3-4oz difference and 3 or so DB lower worth an extra $200?

Munson 04-08-2017 07:11 AM

If this is true, the CMP will be getting 86,000 M1 Garands from the Philippines. Hopefully they won't be rusted and beat to hell.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...s-philippines/

Quote:

BREAKING: Civilian Marksmanship Program to Receive 86,000 M1 Garand Rifles from the Philippines

The Civilian Marksmanship Program has received confirmation that the Philippine government will be shipping 86,000 M1 Garand rifles back to the United States for distribution to American civilian shooters. Gina Johnson, General Manager of CMP South in Alabama, confirmed the upcoming delivery with the administrators of the M1 Garand Enthusiasts Group Facebook page:

Charles Baker just to clarify…CMP will be receiving the rifles once the Philippines prepares them for shipment. CMP only has to pay the transportation cost of getting these rifles back as they have with every other shipment sent to us. We do not know when these rifles will be shipped back, but they have been approved.

This is one of the largest shipments of M1 Garand rifles back to the US in recent years, and since the CMP only has to pay the cost to ship the rifles back to America (as the guns are already owned by the US government), it’s likely that these will come in at a very affordable cost relative to the wider M1 Garand market. In other words, this is your big chance to pick up one of General George S. Patton’s “most deadly rifle in the world” for yourself!

If you are interested in buying one of these CMP M1 Garands when they hit the CMP store and haven’t gone through the process of CMP approval before, be sure to check out my two-part article on how to qualify and get your very own M1 rifle. It’s a very special feeling to have a rifle shipped directly to your door, courtesy of the US government (via the CMP), and I highly recommend to everyone that can to try it at least once!

Frazod 04-08-2017 07:59 AM

That would be great. If I could get one in decent shape for couple/few hundred as opposed to over $1,000 I might pick up another one. Not a real priority, though. I vastly prefer the modern functionality of my M1A.

Dunit35 04-08-2017 11:23 AM

Bought me a suppressor. The LGS is waiting on the serial number so I can complete the paperwork.

LiveSteam 04-10-2017 12:52 PM

The owner of Sons Of Guns was just convicted of several accounts of rape to a minor. And Willey Hayden will now spend life in prison..
http://tribunist.com/news/sons-of-gu...?utm_source=SR

Chief_For_Life58 04-10-2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 12815557)
Bought me a suppressor. The LGS is waiting on the serial number so I can complete the paperwork.

nice. which one? I got 2 waiting to get approved by the gobment. omega and a ghost. once u shoot suppresssed u aint neva goin back!

Trivers 04-10-2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 12817688)
The owner of Sons Of Guns was just convicted of several accounts of rape to a minor. And Willey Hayden will now spend life in prison..

Good!

Predators like this need to be put away and throw away the key.

Now he gets to wear a prom dress on Friday nights.

Used to love that show.

Frazod 04-10-2017 01:43 PM

Quote:

Raped his own kids. Holy ****. Nothing that happens to him will be bad enough. :shake:

I really enjoyed that show, too.

Trivers 04-10-2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12817786)

I really enjoyed that show, too.

Guns and explosions for 30 minutes!

Dunit35 04-10-2017 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 12817700)
nice. which one? I got 2 waiting to get approved by the gobment. omega and a ghost. once u shoot suppresssed u aint neva goin back!

I went with the Saker ASR 556. It was $300 cheaper than the Omega. I couldn't justify the $300 for the multi caliber when it won't go on anything but a 556.

Spoke to the LGS today. He's got the serial number for it but he's waiting on one more email confirmation before I can fill out the paperwork.

Frazod 04-11-2017 09:45 PM

And...... she's done. Just got the Trijicon night sights added tonight.

Damn I love this thing. The perfect carry gun.

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...21&oe=59899457

GloryDayz 04-11-2017 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12820507)
And...... she's done. Just got the Trijicon night sights added tonight.

Damn I love this thing. The perfect carry gun.

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...21&oe=59899457

Share a grouping from your next trip to the range. I have a feeling it'll be impressive.

Sweet man, sweet..

Frazod 04-11-2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12820515)
Share a grouping from your next trip to the range. I have a feeling it'll be impressive.

Sweet man, sweet..

Last time I shot it I was competing in a PPC shoot - drawing from a holster and shooting at a silhouette target from various distances, dropping mags after six shots (for revolver shooters) while timed. The max score for each round is 480. I got a 459 and a 460. And I decocked each time I reholstered, so each initial shot was double action. I don't think that was a requirement, but if I'm ever going to be using it in a real defensive situation that's what the first shot will be, so it's good to get in the habit of doing it that way.

I was pretty happy with my scores.

GloryDayz 04-11-2017 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12820543)
Last time I shot it I was competing in a PPC shoot - drawing from a holster and shooting at a silhouette target from various distances, dropping mags after six shots (for revolver shooters) while timed. The max score for each round is 480. I got a 459 and a 460. And I decocked each time I reholstered, so each initial shot was double action. I don't think that was a requirement, but if I'm ever going to be using it in a real defensive situation that's what the first shot will be, so it's good to get in the habit of doing it that way.

I was pretty happy with my scores.

That helps to keep the loved ones alive. Good job brother...

Frazod 04-11-2017 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12820573)
That helps to keep the loved ones alive. Good job brother...

Thanks. Unfortunately, I did not have the same results shooting the duty matches with the Shadow. On those I got around 360 both times. Duty matches are for longer barreled guns and shot at greater distances, up to 25 yards. Those long shots are a bitch with my old man eyes, and I certainly can't blame the weapon.

I was talking to my gunsmith about that tonight (he's also a master-level shooter) and he told me that my problem is probably focusing on the target and not the front sight. I hope it's that simple. But in any event, I need to practice.

Buehler445 04-11-2017 10:39 PM

Quote:

Wow. **** him. With a chainsaw.

Dunit35 04-11-2017 10:48 PM

Finished up my suppressor paperwork today.

Now the waiting begins. $880 including the tax stamp isn't too bad.

Frazod 04-11-2017 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 12820609)
Finished up my suppressor paperwork today.

Now the waiting begins. $880 including the tax stamp isn't too bad.

I'm sure the Illinois suppressor bill is effectively perma-stalled. Haven't heard anything about it in months. :shake:

Perineum Ripper 04-12-2017 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12820590)
Thanks. Unfortunately, I did not have the same results shooting the duty matches with the Shadow. On those I got around 360 both times. Duty matches are for longer barreled guns and shot at greater distances, up to 25 yards. Those long shots are a bitch with my old man eyes, and I certainly can't blame the weapon.

I was talking to my gunsmith about that tonight (he's also a master-level shooter) and he told me that my problem is probably focusing on the target and not the front sight. I hope it's that simple. But in any event, I need to practice.

A trick I was trained to do in my military days was for each target engagement run your eyes from your sight to your target..they called it following your bullet flight..or path

It helped me with longer pistol shots..after doing it enough it becomes second nature and improved my engagements

But of course all I did when I wasn't deployed was spend time on the range with the taxpayer footing my bills so that helped too

Frazod 04-12-2017 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 12820764)
A trick I was trained to do in my military days was for each target engagement run your eyes from your sight to your target..they called it following your bullet flight..or path

It helped me with longer pistol shots..after doing it enough it becomes second nature and improved my engagements

But of course all I did when I wasn't deployed was spend time on the range with the taxpayer footing my bills so that helped too

I'll try anything that helps. I need to improve on those long shots.

Perineum Ripper 04-12-2017 08:35 AM

http://www.screenused.com/images/auc...15/18721_1.jpg

Frazod 04-12-2017 08:48 AM

:D

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Hd-0F4v1C54/maxresdefault.jpg

Perineum Ripper 04-17-2017 03:41 PM

Question for you all

Girlfriend wants to get a pistol to carry with her for self defense..Columbia is getting more and more crazy..plus some walking dick holster was walking around the house at 0330 this morning so she is serious about it now

Any suggestions for a smaller gun..she is maybe 5'3" and small hands

I have been looking hard at these all in 9mm

Springfield XD Mod 2
SW M&P
Possibly a Glock..haven't looked to much into those yet

Any other suggestions..open to about anything

notorious 04-17-2017 03:44 PM

http://33.media.tumblr.com/2ff2b4863...kahjo2_500.gif

Frazod 04-17-2017 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 12828085)
Question for you all

Girlfriend wants to get a pistol to carry with her for self defense..Columbia is getting more and more crazy..plus some walking dick holster was walking around the house at 0330 this morning so she is serious about it now

Any suggestions for a smaller gun..she is maybe 5'3" and small hands

I have been looking hard at these all in 9mm

Springfield XD Mod 2
SW M&P
Possibly a Glock..haven't looked to much into those yet

Any other suggestions..open to about anything

I've owned in the past a Springfield XDm (pseudo compact), a S&W M&P 9c (compact) and a Glock 26 (compact). All are good guns. I would not go any lower than that level of quality for a carry gun. And don't get her a ****ing .380.

I have no experience with the Mod 2, but based on my experience with my XDm I'd think that would be a good choice. XDs have grip safeties, and chamber and mag indicators which will instantly let you know if the gun is loaded/chambered, even in the dark.

The only problem I ever had with my XDm was the factory sights, which quite frankly were dog shit. Hopefully that was just an aberration. The gun itself was wonderful, and of the three, I'd recommend the Springfield, although, again, they are all good guns. I probably liked the Glock 26 the least just because it didn't fit my hand very well. But you can't go wrong with any of them.

The Springfield is also far and away the easiest to field strip and clean.

Perineum Ripper 04-17-2017 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12828106)
I've owned in the past a Springfield XDm (pseudo compact), a S&W M&P 9c (compact) and a Glock 26 (compact). All are good guns. I would not go any lower than that level of quality for a carry gun. And don't get her a ****ing .380.

I have no experience with the Mod 2, but based on my experience with my XDm I'd think that would be a good choice. XDs have grip safeties, and chamber and mag indicators which will instantly let you know if the gun is loaded/chambered, even in the dark.

The only problem I ever had with my XDm was the factory sights, which quite frankly were dog shit. Hopefully that was just an aberration. The gun itself was wonderful, and of the three, I'd recommend the Springfield, although, again, they are all good guns. I probably liked the Glock 26 the least just because it didn't fit my hand very well. But you can't go wrong with any of them.

The Springfield is also far and away the easiest to field strip and clean.

I'm a huge XD guy..had a XDM 40 that I traded off and have hated myself ever since..love those guns so I'm really leaning heavily towards that one but I wanted to get other people to throw some suggestions at me cause my Glock experience isn't much and I'm not too big on the M&P for some reason..never really liked the way it felt

stlchiefs 04-17-2017 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 12828489)
I'm a huge XD guy..had a XDM 40 that I traded off and have hated myself ever since..love those guns so I'm really leaning heavily towards that one but I wanted to get other people to throw some suggestions at me cause my Glock experience isn't much and I'm not too big on the M&P for some reason..never really liked the way it felt

Another big XD fan here as well. 3 votes for XD. Never really cared for Glocks.

notorious 04-17-2017 08:23 PM

Love my XDS .45. Daily carry since they were released years ago.

Easy to rack the slide, which is important for women, packs a punch, and is easily concealable.

Oh, and they are on super sale right now at Palmetto. 799 for a xds 9 or .45 with a decent AR15

notorious 04-17-2017 08:25 PM

I am not a fan of baby glocks. They have horrible muzzle jump IMO.

Tombstone RJ 04-17-2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 12828489)

I had an 40 XDM too and I loved it. It shot very much like a Glock 17. That's pretty amazing IMHO. My only issue with the 40 XDM is that it is a big gun, it's not a CC pistol. If you're a uniform cop, it's a perfect weapon (15 + 1 in 40S&W) that shoots like a Glock 17 (which is a 9mm).

Frazod 04-17-2017 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12828518)
I am not a fan of baby glocks. They have horrible muzzle jump IMO.

Yeah, I didn't shoot very well with my 26. I ended up selling it to my gun snob friend who had quite a bit of work done to it, and even after that he ended up buying other carry guns. I don't think he ever uses it now. The Smith 9c is almost identical in size to the Glock 26, but it fit my hand much better and shot better. The only thing I didn't like about the Smith was that wonky internal lever/pin thing you have to flip when breaking it down.

kepp 04-18-2017 10:06 AM

I have an XDs 9mm and my wife has trouble racking the slide. You may want to have her practice that a bit. If she has trouble with that, a 357/38sp revolver may be better. Just point and pull the trigger.

Frazod 04-18-2017 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 12828936)
I have an XDs 9mm and my wife has trouble racking the slide. You may want to have her practice that a bit. If she has trouble with that, a 357/38sp revolver may be better. Just point and pull the trigger.

I've heard lots of women say this, including my wife, and I think it's crap. They're just tentative racking the slide because its a gun, so they don't put a full measure of strength into it, and then pass that off as being unable to do it.

Bonnie Parker weighed less than 100 pounds and could wield a BAR like a professional soldier. Do you think she had Clyde chamber rounds for her?

Pennywise 04-18-2017 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pennywise (Post 12712335)
http://www.falcon37.com/our-product.html

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AtHtNfEnSe4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shameless bump again.

Rack your AR like a pistol and stop pinching the shitty T charging handle if its under your optics or scope.

Perineum Ripper 05-01-2017 05:37 PM

http://www.gunssavelife.com/dealer-l...-owners-carve/

Have you guys seen this shit

Dunit35 05-01-2017 05:40 PM

Nine firearm transfers a year?

That would suck. Especially for people who build AR's.

Frazod 05-01-2017 06:14 PM

Apparently Springfield is not digging the backlash and backtracking rapidly.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...te-deal-carve/

Springfield Armory Statement on IFMA’s SB-1657 Senate Deal and Carve-Out

Springfield Armory has issued the following statement on their web site:

Springfield Armory has always fought hand-in-hand with the NRA, NSSF, ISRA and many others for legislation that fiercely protects the Second Amendment, individual rights and the industry as a whole. Our fight continues today as some members of the Illinois legislature are pushing to overregulate the industry through Gun Dealer Licensing Act (SB1657).

“At the time of my initial statement to the media, I was ill-informed of the ramifications of this bill and its detrimental effects to the Second Amendment, which I have personally fought to protect my entire life. I can tell you now, we at Springfield Armory are unequivocally 100 percent against this bill and will continue to work with the NRA and others to ensure that it is defeated,” said Dennis Reese, Chief Executive Officer, Springfield Armory.

Springfield Armory, like Rock River Arms, was not aware of the actions taken by our trade association, IFMA, until after the fact. We take this situation very seriously and are looking into how this very unfortunate lapse in communication occurred.

Springfield Armory has fought and defeated legislation like this in Illinois for the past 15 years. We are wholeheartedly against this bill and will fight to see it defeated as the unnecessary and harmful overreach that it is.

Dunit35 05-01-2017 10:03 PM

Has anybody shot the Tavor X95?

Bought a Kel Tec RDB a month or so ago. I'm not feeling too confident that our Chief will approve it for duty use. I haven't shot it yet in case I decide to sell it.

I think he'll approve the Tavor without any issues due to its use by Israeli forces and proven record. Been thinking about selling the RDB and paying the extra $6-700 for the Tavor. It had non-stop great reviews by everyone. Proven battle tested.

JDKinman 05-02-2017 01:14 AM

Guns, ex-Red Raider quarterbacks and KC barbecue. What a place this is.

I'm a gun guy for sure, as are my two daughters and my wife. But we lean more towards the wheelguns--especially me and the oldest daughter.

Here are the Triplets, also known on occasion as the "Three Little Pigs." Smith & Wesson Model 29, Model 686 and Model 17.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/pictu...pictureid=1839

And here is the oldest after a typical day of shooting the 686. She shoots at 40 feet, handheld (no rests), .38 Special 158 SWC +P.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/pictu...pictureid=1837

--JD

notorious 05-02-2017 06:05 AM

The revolvers are bigger than she is!

Great shooting. At what age did you start letting your kids handle handguns?

I started my daughter on a lead sled at 6 with .22s, and free handling a bb gun then, too.

She gets to shoot a MP .22 freehand now when I am close by.

Perineum Ripper 05-02-2017 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDKinman (Post 12853973)

I'm a gun guy for sure, as are my two daughters and my wife. But we lean more towards the wheelguns--especially me and the oldest daughter.

Here are the Triplets, also known on occasion as the "Three Little Pigs." Smith & Wesson Model 29, Model 686 and Model 17.

And here is the oldest after a typical day of shooting the 686. She shoots at 40 feet, handheld (no rests), .38 Special 158 SWC +P.

--JD

Welcome to the board man..you hang around long enough you will see that this board has a little bit of everything from guns, cars, motorcycle, food, handyman, and just about anything

Love the 686..my dad has a 4inch model if I remember right

Daughter is a hell of a shot..be careful where you post pictures at..she is a good looking girl and this is a message board of a bunch of dirty old men :D

notorious 05-02-2017 07:00 AM

We are more respectful in this thread.

Good job teaching her how to handle a weapon.

Bwana 05-02-2017 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12854034)

^

Perineum Ripper 05-02-2017 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12854034)

Good job teaching her how to handle a weapon.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/U1XhGr8CWqvVC/giphy.gif

Frazod 05-02-2017 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDKinman (Post 12853973)

--JD

Excellent. Welcome aboard.

And guns are much more effective than cellphones and/or rape whistles. :thumb:

JDKinman 05-02-2017 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12854003)
The revolvers are bigger than she is!

Great shooting. At what age did you start letting your kids handle handguns?

I started my daughter on a lead sled at 6 with .22s, and free handling a bb gun then, too.

She gets to shoot a MP .22 freehand now when I am close by.

We had no kids of our own until we retired at a fairly young age (mid/late 40's). I guess the term for adoption is "blended family?" Dunno, don't care 'cause we're not PC in any manner whatsoever. We got our youngest daughter when she was sixteen, ten years ago. Oldest came to us a year later when she was twenty. We more or less became an instant family and with all the adjustments and changes that entails. One of the first things I did with each of the girls was teach them to shoot.

The oldest and her husband (no better son-in-law on the planet, by the way--awesome husband and dad) have two boys, both of whom are Chiefs and Royals fans (they're also Cowboys and Rangers fans living down here in Dallas) and we've got both of them shooting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12854084)
Excellent. Welcome aboard.

And guns are much more effective than cellphones and/or rape whistles. :thumb:

Several years ago, for the girls' birthdays, my wife and I gave them complete CHL packages where we paid for the classroom instruction, range fees and state fee to get their Concealed Handgun License. Neither girl is prone to ever being a willing victim, but the confidence and increased self-assuredness both have since then is heart-warming.

The youngest (now 26) likes our Smith & Wesson Model 19. I reload for everything we have in the gun safe, and also cast my own bullets. I purchased a mold some years back for a .38 Special diameter (.358") 105 grain semi-wadcutter. I give it a light dose of Bullseye powder and when fired through one of the K or L frame Smiths, it's like shooting a .22LR. No kick, no big noise--but accurate beyond belief. I developed that load for my wife so as to be able to run five or ten rounds through her carry gun--a S&W Airweight 38. That's not a pleasant gun to shoot but I'm a stickler for staying proficient with the firearm you carry. My wife practices with the Model 19, but then can run a cylinder or two through her Airweight to maintain familiarity and proficiency with trigger pull/action, point-of-aim and point-of-impact.

All of the girls love shooting that particular round, so it keeps me busy on the reloading bench.

Here's the youngest firing some of those rounds with the Model 19.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/pictu...pictureid=1841

The oldest girl loves shooting the wheelguns single-action while my wife and the youngest are double-action shooters. Whenever I watch this video of the youngest shooting and I see the smoothness of the trigger pull, breath control and no flinch on an empty chamber, it makes me one proud dad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8lxsO_mduU

Now, if I could only get the girls to clean the guns after they shoot them. . . :D

--JD

Randallflagg 05-02-2017 10:48 AM

So, I go to the Doctor yesterday for my annual checkup. No big deal. However, before the Doc comes in, the Nurse tells me that they have a "mandate" to ask a few questions from the Federal Government - questions that I do NOT have to answer if I don't want to.

(1) Do I wear a seatbelt at all times? - yes

(2) Do I wear a helmet when riding a bike? - Yeah, right.....

(3) Do I smoke? - Not for 45 years

(4) Do I have firearms in the home - None of your business

Keep this in mind when you hit your local Doctor....

Otter 05-02-2017 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDKinman (Post 12854133)
We had no kids of our own until we retired at a fairly young age (mid/late 40's). I guess the term for adoption is "blended family?" Dunno, don't care 'cause we're not PC in any manner whatsoever. We got our youngest daughter when she was sixteen, ten years ago. Oldest came to us a year later when she was twenty. We more or less became an instant family and with all the adjustments and changes that entails. One of the first things I did with each of the girls was teach them to shoot.

The oldest and her husband (no better son-in-law on the planet, by the way--awesome husband and dad) have two boys, both of whom are Chiefs and Royals fans (they're also Cowboys and Rangers fans living down here in Dallas) and we've got both of them shooting.

Several years ago, for the girls' birthdays, my wife and I gave them complete CHL packages where we paid for the classroom instruction, range fees and state fee to get their Concealed Handgun License. Neither girl is prone to ever being a willing victim, but the confidence and increased self-assuredness both have since then is heart-warming.

The youngest (now 26) likes our Smith & Wesson Model 19. I reload for everything we have in the gun safe, and also cast my own bullets. I purchased a mold some years back for a .38 Special diameter (.358") 105 grain semi-wadcutter. I give it a light dose of Bullseye powder and when fired through one of the K or L frame Smiths, it's like shooting a .22LR. No kick, no big noise--but accurate beyond belief. I developed that load for my wife so as to be able to run five or ten rounds through her carry gun--a S&W Airweight 38. That's not a pleasant gun to shoot but I'm a stickler for staying proficient with the firearm you carry. My wife practices with the Model 19, but then can run a cylinder or two through her Airweight to maintain familiarity and proficiency with trigger pull/action, point-of-aim and point-of-impact.

All of the girls love shooting that particular round, so it keeps me busy on the reloading bench.

Here's the youngest firing some of those rounds with the Model 19.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/pictu...pictureid=1841

The oldest girl loves shooting the wheelguns single-action while my wife and the youngest are double-action shooters. Whenever I watch this video of the youngest shooting and I see the smoothness of the trigger pull, breath control and no flinch on an empty chamber, it makes me one proud dad.

Now, if I could only get the girls to clean the guns after they shoot them. . . :D

--JD

I like this guy already. Welcome aboard brother! :toast:

Frazod 05-02-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiStateNo (Post 12854302)
So, I go to the Doctor yesterday for my annual checkup. No big deal. However, before the Doc comes in, the Nurse tells me that they have a "mandate" to ask a few questions from the Federal Government - questions that I do NOT have to answer if I don't want to.

This hasn't happened to me yet, but I've already decided rather than be offended and/or truthful, I'm just going to flat out lie. **** 'em.

Perineum Ripper 05-02-2017 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12854344)
This hasn't happened to me yet, but I've already decided rather than be offended and/or truthful, I'm just going to flat out lie. **** 'em.

Yep..just say no..tell everyone you know who owns guns to say no..that is personal information that has 0% to do with health..lie your ass off like your wife caught you with the hot neighbor lady down the street

kepp 05-02-2017 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiStateNo (Post 12854302)

And they're not just pulling this crap with adults. I took my daughters to the pediatrician early last year and she tried to ask my 8 year old if we had guns in the house. I politely intervened, but I was fuming inside. That's BS.

notorious 05-02-2017 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDKinman (Post 12854133)

--JD

Your other daughter handled that .357 like a champ on the related vids.

I shot my dad's .44 magnum when I was 14. I nearly shit my pants.

Frazod 05-02-2017 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12855297)

I think I was 11 or 12 the first time I shot one. I remember my arms going straight up over my head. :D

Bwana 05-02-2017 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12855297)

Heh, I owned my first .44 when I was 13, a Ruger Blackhawk. The first time I shot it, the hammer came back and smacked my thumb knuckle. After that I had a better grip on that thing and didn't have any more issues. The hardest part was keeping a straight face when my knuckle was bleeding all over the place. There was no way I was going to let my Dad know how bad it hurt because he tried to talk me out of it and going with a .357 because he thought it was to much gun. :hmmm:

I had talked my Dad into letting my buy it and I did all kinds of odd jobs around the neighborhood to raise the cash. Many old ladies driveways were shoveled and I damn near wore out a lawnmower.

Randallflagg 05-02-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12854344)

Indeed. It was the first time that had happened to me, and it took me by surprise, but at my age, and on Social Security, there are "rumblings" that if you are receiving anything like Social Security or Veterans benefits (used them to get through College some 45 years ago) that they might try to "deny" benefits.

My Doctor's Nurse is a pleasant woman who I have known for 30 years (as well as my Doctor) and she kept repeating over and over "These questions are voluntary, you don't have to answer"

She knows me well......

Randallflagg 05-02-2017 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 12854714)
And they're not just pulling this crap with adults. I took my daughters to the pediatrician early last year and she tried to ask my 8 year old if we had guns in the house. I politely intervened, but I was fuming inside. That's BS.

Honestly, I would have taken my Son or Daughter by the hand and, upon leaving the office, would have said - "Who the HELL do you think you are, doing that to a child".

My God - there are days when I think we have entered the old USSR........Land of the Free, my ass....

Frazod 05-02-2017 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiStateNo (Post 12855412)
Honestly, I would have taken my Son or Daughter by the hand and, upon leaving the office, would have said - "Who the HELL do you think you are, doing that to a child".

My God - there are days when I think we have entered the old USSR........Land of the Free, my ass....

Yeah, it's getting scary. Or I should say, scarier.

GloryDayz 05-02-2017 10:16 PM

While my 12-year-old can disassemble and reassemble my PPX blindfolded, including clearing and loading the clip (:D) magazine, it's not out of fear of the world, it's out of respect for the weapon. Along with that, it's a tactile dexterity "memory" exercise. He was able to do this before he ever took his first shot with it. Plus, in the GloryDayz house, if you want to handle/shoot it, you will know "it" first.

If you just want to know what it feels like to shoot a pistol/rifle, go **** yourself..

Dunit35 05-10-2017 10:11 PM

Has anyone shot a Tavor?

Or

Has anyone shot a 10.5" AR Pistol suppressed?

Chief_For_Life58 05-10-2017 10:21 PM

My buddy owns a tavor. They're cool. I'd never buy one. The magazine release is strange. Shoots really accurately though. I'd take a ar platform over it any day of the week though. You can do a hundred things to an ar platform.

I'm waiting on my sbr to clear so I can finish my 8.5inch 300 blackout ar platform.

Dunit35 05-10-2017 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 12867480)
My buddy owns a tavor. They're cool. I'd never buy one. The magazine release is strange. Shoots really accurately though. I'd take a ar platform over it any day of the week though. You can do a hundred things to an ar platform.

I'm waiting on my sbr to clear so I can finish my 8.5inch 300 blackout ar platform.

The mag release has changed on the newer version of the Tavor. It's the X95 version. It's more of an AR style mag release. The older version is called the SAR. Mag release behind your hand.

Stryker 05-11-2017 07:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12820896)

That's so funny! I have a S&W 44 mag with a 10 5/8" barrel
Dad was a Dirty Harry fan! :D

Dunit35 05-11-2017 10:47 AM

Time for my yearly qualifications.

Shot a 92% with my duty gun and a 100% with my back up. Also shot around 50 rounds with my 1911.

Shot at a paper plate from 15 yards going 1/5. Mad at myself. I then shot 5/5 from 25 yards. Shaking the rust off the first shots, I'm telling myself.

notorious 05-11-2017 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 12867471)
Has anyone shot a Tavor?

Or

Has anyone shot a 10.5" AR Pistol suppressed?

I have a couple 10.5" AR SBR's .300 BLK to build this weekend. Stamps came in a couple weeks ago. Both will be suppressed.

My brother has a SBR.300BLK. It's awesome, and quiet as hell.

Perineum Ripper 05-11-2017 02:08 PM

Ok my gun gurus..I need any input on the H&K P30SK that you have..any sort of flaws or defects or horror stories that you guys know of

Shot one last night and my erection has not went away

George Liquor 05-11-2017 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 12868251)
Ok my gun gurus..I need any input on the H&K P30SK that you have..any sort of flaws or defects or horror stories that you guys know of

Shot one last night and my erection has not went away

I fondled one up at Cabelas last time i was up there, but talked myself out of buying it.

I have a VP9 that i love to shoot though.

hometeam 05-11-2017 04:11 PM

I posted a picture of my girlfriend firing her first fully auto (an mp5k) the other day to the r/guns (300k subscribers) subreddit. Got to #7 on r/all and got 700k views in 24 hours. Its currently the #13 all time r/guns post on reddit.

Makes ya feel kind of good that you captured someones reaction like that and so many people got a good feeling from it. Thought you guys might like it as well.

http://i.imgur.com/ENHqn6J.gif

Also, m&p shields going as low as 204 bucks shipped after rebate right now. GO BUY THEM.

George Liquor 05-11-2017 04:37 PM

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-1...r-package.html

I really want to buy this.

Frazod 05-11-2017 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 12868431)

That's one hell of a deal.

notorious 05-11-2017 05:56 PM

Yeah, Palmetto is raping the market now.

I have never had an issue with their gear, either. It is all dead-nuts on.

Frazod 05-11-2017 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12868520)
Yeah, Palmetto is raping the market now.

I have never had an issue with their gear, either. It is all dead-nuts on.

Paging Dunit35, paging Dunit35...... :D

notorious 05-11-2017 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12868532)
Paging Dunit35, paging Dunit35...... :D

He must be on the "naughty" list. LMAO

Everything I order there comes in within a week.

Frazod 05-11-2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12868538)
He must be on the "naughty" list. LMAO

Everything I order there comes in within a week.

:evil:

Tombstone RJ 05-11-2017 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 12867951)
Time for my yearly qualifications.

Shot a 92% with my duty gun and a 100% with my back up. Also shot around 50 rounds with my 1911.

Shot at a paper plate from 15 yards going 1/5. Mad at myself. I then shot 5/5 from 25 yards. Shaking the rust off the first shots, I'm telling myself.

I've all but stopped shooting targets with my pistol at anything less that 10 yards. It's a waste of ammo IMHO. I'm aiming for head shots at 15-25 yards. If I'm proficient at that, I'm gonna be able to hit a target with good accuracy at less than 10 yards...