ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs announce news conference on planned Arrowhead renovations (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352532)

Seanathon 02-29-2024 03:42 PM

There really is nothing about that proposed Stadium that adds anything of value to anyone who doesn't have tickets through a suite owner/business. New bathrooms and concessions? Scoreboard size and ribbons? I would love to see the alternative plans if they move so there is a basis for comparison. If people disagree with me that's fine too, I just don't see the Arrowhead experience being $800m better for any OG fans. I'm happy to hear alternative viewpoints. I used to care about getting a dome, now that I've been to the majority of games the past 2 years I feel differently. I'm indifferent and have enjoyed cold games so much I'm fine if they don't make it indoors. Cold playoff football is fun at Arrowhead.

Fish 02-29-2024 03:44 PM

I'm a bit amazed people have so quickly forgotten about the entire P&L local tax debate, considering how much it actually applies to the current situation. I certainly remember all the promises by the investors about how P&L renovation was going to revitalize the area, and pour all this money back into the community and pay for itself in no time.

In reality...

Quote:

During Power & Light’s lifespan, through April 2022, Kansas City has picked up the tab on at least $167.1 million in total principal and interest payments, an average of $10.4 million a year, the Kansas City Business Journal determined through analysis of city financial reports.

Power & Light’s debt service stems from $295 million in bonds the city issued in 2006 to help Baltimore-based The Cordish Cos. build the eight-block, $350 million project. But in all except one fiscal year — 2008, which covered Power & Light’s opening — the cocktail of local and state sales, property and earnings tax revenues it pledged to pay off the bonds has fallen short.

https://fox4kc.com/business/kansas-c...r-lights-debt/
But I'm sure this time it will be totally different...

Titty Meat 02-29-2024 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 17423046)
I'm a bit amazed people have so quickly forgotten about the entire P&L local tax debate, considering how much it actually applies to the current situation. I certainly remember all the promises by the investors about how P&L renovation was going to revitalize the area, and pour all this money back into the community and pay for itself in no time.

In reality...

But I'm sure this time it will be totally different...

It's KC. You would be hard pressed to find a more dumb voting base. They don't even have a city jail FFS

Sassy Squatch 02-29-2024 04:18 PM

Meh. It's going to pass once the players get in on the PR blitz.

decibelup 02-29-2024 04:28 PM

The Chiefs have never in their history been in a stronger negotiating position than they are now, and instead of asking for the kitchen sink of a brand new stadium, they opt to simply "reimagine" the current one and ask for a mere half billion dollars from taxpayers? The total cost is just $800 million?

Something doesn't add up to me.

This project will be completed almost 25 years after the first renovation went up for vote in 2006. The cost of that renovation was $375 million, which adjusted for inflation is probably closer to $600 million.

Will the Hunts come in for more later?

It's happened before:

CHIEFS OUTLINE ADDITIONAL STADIUM PLANS
January 22, 2009
Copyright 2009 MediaVentures

Kansas City, Mo. - The Kansas City Chiefs have offered some new specifics about an additional $70 million in improvements to Arrowhead Stadium and common areas at the Truman Sports Complex.

None of those costs would be paid by Jackson County taxpayers, representatives of the Chiefs stressed in a presentation before the Jackson County Legislature.

"This does not expand the county's responsibility at all," said Ken Spain, a Kansas City attorney representing the Chiefs.

Spain explained that the extra construction costs - above the $250 million approved by county taxpayers - are being paid by the Hunt family and newly approved tax credits granted by the state of Missouri.

FloridaMan88 02-29-2024 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17423094)
Meh. It's going to pass once the players get in on the PR blitz.

Just get Mahomes to record an ad asking people to vote yes… it will be like a Reagan over Mondale margin of victory.

RunKC 03-13-2024 10:13 PM

Clark putting the heat on? I don’t like this talk

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/chief...WM_l0YJdduUl10

srvy 03-13-2024 10:28 PM

Ouch don't like that Lamar wouldn't approve either IMO. Shame on you Clark.

New World Order 03-13-2024 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17442266)

Uhhhh

BigRedChief 03-13-2024 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17442266)

It makes me join to see the content. Can’t you just put his words in here?

FloridaMan88 03-13-2024 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17442274)
It makes me join to see the content. Can’t you just put his words in here?

The Chiefs and Royals are not committing to staying in KC long term without passage of the April 2nd ballot initiative.

RealSNR 03-13-2024 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17442300)
The Chiefs and Royals are not committing to staying in KC long term without passage of the April 2nd ballot initiative.

Where the hell are they gonna go? ****ing St Louis?

Clark has a terrible poker face

FloridaMan88 03-13-2024 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 17442303)
Where the hell are they gonna go? ****ing St Louis?

Clark has a terrible poker face

Possibly outside of Jackson County, but still within the KC-metro area.

But the ballot initiative will probably pass, so it will be a non-issue.

Fishels 03-14-2024 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17442300)

I’m from NC

Never been to Arrowhead and dad is a big Royals fan(that’s where I got my chiefs start). Sounds like we need to make the trip sooner than later to such a legendary stadium

tk13 03-14-2024 12:10 AM

I am not signing up for that article but I don't think that's really surprising. I 100% believe the Chiefs leaked something similar to Sam McDowell which is why he wrote that article about the Chiefs considering Kansas and saying there were serious questions about all this working out. I'd have to dig it up but one of the Jackson County legislators said exactly the same thing months ago too, he'd heard the Chiefs were seriously considering Kansas.

Not sure if that's what the article is referring to but I'd bet their first look would be at the Kansas suburbs before any kind of far away city.