ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs No Surgery for Eric Berry (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321546)

GloryDayz 02-28-2019 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14127975)
Berry isn't lazy. He beat cancer, came back not only played in the NFL but played at a Pro Bowl level. His work ethic is legendary even among professional athletes who are notorious for taking care of their bodies.

It is probably one of the reasons he still has the respect of his teammates. They see how hard he is working to get out there and play.

You guys act like he is sitting at home playing COD and drinking beer every day. **** outta here that bs.

Maybe he doesn't actually have the respect of his teammates and they're simply being PC because, well, he WAS a legend.

Don't let his prior years and beating cancer allow you to be sold on him not having turned into a greedy ****ing douche.

But hey, he did workouts that would kill a horse! Too bad Gronk's evidently fitter than a horse and a game is 60 minute.

loochy 02-28-2019 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14127975)
You guys act like he is sitting at home playing COD and drinking beer every day. **** outta here that bs.

He might as well have been. The results would be the same.

SuperBowl4 02-28-2019 07:55 AM

They should just rest him until next Januarys AFC Championship game.

loochy 02-28-2019 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14127922)
Come on. Aside from being NFL Comeback Player of the Year, he had been an All-Pro safety each of the prior two seasons. A little more than an inspirational ticket seller, no?

The article in The Athletic said the doctor's expectation was that the foot would 'mend' without surgery. Clearly he wasn't playing at 100pct last season and was in a damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't situation which is evidenced by a lot of the comments here. Berry doesn't play? Lazy mother****er. Berry plays at less than 100pct and it shows? Brokedick mother****er. If he had gotten his hand up a split second earlier, he breaks up the pass to Gronk, we're in the Super Bowl, and the narrative changes.

I think we'll end up keeping Berry. I realize most of you don't subscribe to that sort of belief, but the Chiefs may find it risky to get rid of both Houston and him at the same time, the two guys who have been the vocal leaders of this defense. (And yes, I realize that this defense was historically bad and can only get better, but the Chiefs front office may feel blowing everything up in one offseason is too drastic.)

Not saying I agree or disagree with any of the above, but I suspect this is our reality.

Yeah, vocal leaders of a pile of shit...maybe it's time to develop some new leaders.

morphius 02-28-2019 08:05 AM

I have no reason to believe he will be back in any meaningful way after watching him being taken out by a simple block in Seattle that made him put extra pressure on his foot/ankle. Not going to waste my team hoping for anything out of him again.

TEX 02-28-2019 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 (Post 14128024)

Sarcasm no doubt, but no way - He was terrible in this last one.

BossChief 02-28-2019 08:22 AM

810 is dumb as ****.

Dude just said they already passed the time to avoid guaranteed money for 2019 and if they cut him June first they get a draft pick for him.

Lol clueless

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-28-2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 (Post 14128024)

That'd be greeeeeeeeeeeeeeat......

https://i.gifer.com/embedded/download/Wvrc.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14128050)
810 is dumb as ****.

Dude just said they already passed the time to avoid guaranteed money for 2019 and if they cut him June first they get a draft pick for him.

Lol clueless

Just....wow.

Baby Lee 02-28-2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14127925)
lol. If they're keeping Berry, they're not doing so for any meaningful contributions on the field.

That day is long past, and there is no risk whatsoever in cutting this player. It's far riskier to put him in situations of importance.

If they want to keep him to make speeches to the other players( which would be dumb as **** because he's not actually playing as a team mate and helping to contribute ), and to take a lesser cap hit when cutting him next season, that's fine by me. Just keep his slow ass off the field.

Maybe someone could PS Urc's face on Wooderson

https://d2ciprw05cjhos.cloudfront.ne...?itok=qV9_FXqu

That's what I love about rookies, man. I get older and feebler and slower, and they stay the same age. . .

TEX 02-28-2019 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14128050)
810 is dumb as ****.

Lol clueless

And now the stupid shit starts by people who heard that clown say it on 810 - a buddy just texted me that scenario. :shake:

King_Chief_Fan 02-28-2019 09:25 AM

Isn't having surgery or doesn't need it?

Either way Eric has outlived his usefulness on the football field.

He needs to be gone

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-28-2019 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 14128173)
Isn't having surgery or doesn't need it?

Either way Eric has outlived his usefulness on the football field.

He needs to be gone

According to his doctors, "doesn't need it". Which I translate as, "having this surgery would NOT improve your performance post-rehab".

Or, as YOU have properly translated it; "Eric, it's time to go".

ChiefoftheKeyboard 02-28-2019 09:55 AM

If he had the surgery then he would 100% fail his physical in March and his contract this year would become fully guaranteed. This way he can hopefully pass his physical in March and they can designate him a post-June 1 cut and save 9.5M. Doubt the chiefs do that though, that would be the smart move.

RunKC 02-28-2019 10:18 AM

We are stuck with him this year guys. His contract has almost $7 million of dead money if we cut him with a June 1st. We would only gain $2.6 million for him.

It sucks but it is what it is. This contract is terrible.

TEX 02-28-2019 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14128207)
According to his doctors, "doesn't need it". Which I translate as, "having this surgery would NOT improve your performance post-rehab".

Or, as YOU have properly translated it; "Eric, it's time to go".

Perhaps time for a "TIME TO GO" EB Jersey?