ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs **Official Chiefs 2018 Training Camp Thread** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316387)

JakeF 07-25-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 13643681)
ALL THE TIME JAKEF

You should have fun visiting training camp then. :thumb:

Halfcan 07-25-2018 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13643647)
I hope so but I'm not counting on it. He gets his shit pushed in even on the rare occasions when he is healthy. It hurts that the Chiefs don't have a good LG to help him. Fulton was a better Center last season. Probably because he could play in a phone booth much better than Morse.

That's the thing, we don't have Fulton, we have Erving, who sounded like a disaster during the OTA's.

We had a nice running game the first 5 games of last year. After Morse was hurt it dropped off dramatically.

Mecca 07-25-2018 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 13643651)
Well, would you get a look at that salami dangling in those shorts? Hope he pulls it out on Denver when he drops 4 TDs on that ass.

Wow did he chop his dreads off? He's had them since college.

ToxSocks 07-25-2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 13643651)
Well, would you get a look at that salami dangling in those shorts? Hope he pulls it out on Denver when he drops 4 TDs on that ass.

LMAO LMAO

Tribal Warfare 07-25-2018 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13643724)
Wow did he chop his dreads off? He's had them since college.

He's pulling a Chris Conley or he really wants to "fit in" and not seem like a subversive element

KChiefs1 07-25-2018 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 13643690)
The Chiefs should have moved Morse to guard and let Fulton be our fulltime starter at center last year.

I sorta agree with this.

RunKC 07-25-2018 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 13643690)
The Chiefs should have moved Morse to guard and let Fulton be our fulltime starter at center last year.

Fulton was too slow. Would not spend that much to keep him.

pugsnotdrugs19 07-25-2018 12:55 PM

If healthy, the line could be pretty good really.

Pitt Gorilla 07-25-2018 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13643647)
I hope so but I'm not counting on it. He gets his shit pushed in even on the rare occasions when he is healthy. It hurts that the Chiefs don't have a good LG to help him. Fulton was a better Center last season. Probably because he could play in a phone booth much better than Morse.

From Keysor's article in The Athletic:

"The narrative around Morse has shifted a great deal over the last year. He’s gone from a player most fans view as a very good one to a player many fans view as replaceable. It’s interesting how quickly those things can turn based on stuff a player can’t control, like an injury. I often have people asking me if the Chiefs would have been better off retaining Zach Fulton to play center over Morse.
The answer: No. No, they would not."

Buckweath 07-25-2018 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13643835)
If healthy, the line could be pretty good really.

I'm expecting the Oline to be average, which should be plenty good enough.

But when you think of it, it is pretty much the same line that allowed Smith to have a career year and Hunt to be the leading rusher so I am not concerned.

RealSNR 07-25-2018 02:05 PM

Pete Sweeney is definitely a huge Twitter douche. He doesn't use his account like a professional, which is apparently what he wants to be. It's nothing but replies to other KC media dudes on really stupid shit. It's pointless to ****ing follow him at all because he says nothing.

You want to get into real sports media, Pete? Clean up your ****ing Twitter account and get people to care about what you ****ing say.

OKchiefs 07-25-2018 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13643836)

"The narrative around Morse has shifted a great deal over the last year. He’s gone from a player most fans view as a very good one to a player many fans view as replaceable. It’s interesting how quickly those things can turn based on stuff a player can’t control, like an injury. I often have people asking me if the Chiefs would have been better off retaining Zach Fulton to play center over Morse.

I'm certainly no expert, but I had a less than stellar opinion on Morse even before the injury. We've always been extremely soft and less than ideal I'm short yardage or goalline situations. Morse has always been steady in pass protection but gets blown off the ball more often than not in running situations.

ToxSocks 07-25-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13643756)
He's pulling a Chris Conley or he really wants to "fit in" and not seem like a subversive element

Maybe it's just really ****ing hot in St. Joe?

ToxSocks 07-25-2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13643836)

Easy to say till Morse is injured again.

Fulton was reliable. He was a good player.

ToxSocks 07-25-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13643756)

It's aight. He can get a weave.