ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs David Carr " Chiefs have higher upside with Mahomes" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311728)

OKchiefs 11-23-2017 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13234141)
The Chiefs were 2-14 the year before Smitty got here. He came here and they make the playoffs. Gee, what a coincidence.

Yes Reid's impact was huge as well but he isn't out there playing. Smitty turned this franchise around. Bunch of ingrates on this board.

Having a competent GM and coach turned us around, not Smith.

Rausch 11-23-2017 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 13234150)

Having a QB that didn't stare down the only place the ball was going to go definitely helped...

bigjosh 11-23-2017 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13234155)
Having a QB that didn't stare down the only place the ball was going to go definitely helped...

Our current QB does that all of the time. Pay attention

Rausch 11-23-2017 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh (Post 13234158)
Our current QB does that all of the time. Pay attention

Alex will look off all his reads before throwing into the flat...

PAChiefsGuy 11-23-2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 13234150)

I agree and both were smart enough to know Smitty is a good QB

A competent GM and HC wouldn't trade for a bad QB now would they? They both liked Smitty unlike so many of the idiot posters on here, they see the big picture.

Sandy Vagina 11-23-2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13234125)

Aaron Rodgers takes a bottom 10 roster to the playoffs every year.

Doesn't seem right for you to go there. Getting to the playoffs does not count. Regular season wins.. getting to the playoffs.. doesn't count anymore.

You win SBs, or you **** right off. That has been the bar set for CP.

Rodgers, nor any of those QBs (minus Brady, maybe) have not accomplished their SBs without massive help from the others on the team.

If that is an incorrect sentence... then elaborate. Otherwise.. your overall post.. which compares Smith to the handful of best QBs of the League.. falls flat.

chiefzilla1501 11-23-2017 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13234165)

A competent GM and HC wouldn't trade for a bad QB now would they? They both liked Smitty unlike so many of the idiot posters on here, they see the big picture.

Alex Smith was a good trade. That doesn't mean he's good for us now. I'm glad he brought us back to respectability. I'm glad he delivered our first playoff win. But he's not going to get us to a super bowl. We need to move on because it's clear he's starting to hold us back.

Rausch 11-23-2017 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13234168)
Alex Smith was a good trade. That doesn't mean he's good for us now. I'm glad he brought us back to respectability. I'm glad he delivered our first playoff win. But he's not going to get us to a super bowl.

This.

He'll play this year and then move on.

That said you don't rush/risk the future...

Sandy Vagina 11-23-2017 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13234114)
This is a ****ing stupid comment.

Unbelievably stupid.

Mahomes has never played a down in a regular season NFL game. It's not like Reid has Favre/Montana/Brady on the bench.

Mahomes is NOT a "star." Mahomes is a great young talent we're developing.

Read that sentence more closely. You see the quotations surrounding the post in which you call stupid? C'mon man.. what do those quotations imply?

for clarity, this was the quote:
- sticking stubbornly with "a poor QB despite having a star on the bench"?

OKchiefs 11-23-2017 10:12 AM

Quote:

And why do you think they drafted Mahomes? If they made a good decision to get Smith, you must also trust they made the right decision to draft Mahomes.

OKchiefs 11-23-2017 10:14 AM

For the record, Matt Cassel would have won a playoff game with that Chiefs squad against a Brian Hoyer led Texans.

Rausch 11-23-2017 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina (Post 13234170)
Read that sentence more closely. You see the quotations surrounding the post in which you call stupid? C'mon man.. what do those quotations imply?

for clarity, this was the quote:
- sticking stubbornly with "a poor QB despite having a star on the bench"?

That "star" is a QB who's never played a down that we all admit needs, at MINIMUM, one season on the bench to learn.

A person who needs to sit and learn is, by definition, not currently "a star."

RunKC 11-23-2017 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13234141)
The Chiefs were 2-14 the year before Smitty got here. He came here and they make the playoffs. Gee, what a coincidence.

Yes Reid's impact was huge as well but he isn't out there playing. Smitty turned this franchise around. Bunch of ingrates on this board.

Nice to see that your SB is just making it to the playoffs.

bigjosh 11-23-2017 10:16 AM

Quote:

Smitty ****s my ass and doesn't pull out

FYP

Rausch 11-23-2017 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 13234174)
For the record, Matt Cassel would have won a playoff game with that Chiefs squad against a Brian Hoyer led Texans.

No...