ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Thanksgiving 2017 food (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311518)

ptlyon 11-23-2017 06:19 PM

R2D2, dead

srvy 11-23-2017 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 13234743)
I've got good news and bad news.. The good news is the turkey I smoked on the electric Brinkmann bullet was superb. The bad news is the Brinkmann is no more... The bottom was rusting out, and today the element broke.

Well it gave you one last good bird before it gave up the ghost. Brinkman is out of business unless someone has bought the name and revive them. I got a bullet in storage i bought cheap when Kmart closed them out. I always highly recommended Brinkman electric smokers but they did always burn out the bottom.

GloryDayz 11-23-2017 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13234764)
Well it gave you one last good bird before it gave up the ghost. Brinkman is out of business unless someone has bought the name and revive them. I got a bullet in storage i bought cheap when Kmart closed them out. I always highly recommended Brinkman electric smokers but they did always burn out the bottom.

I found one on FB Marketplace, looks to be in great shape, so hopefully I'll be back in business soon...

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-23-2017 07:11 PM

Do you all have dishes that remind you of family members. My grandma was an excellent cook and one of my favorite things she used to make was an English cream pie. I had a piece after dinner and had to walk over to a separate room while eating, because the taste reminded me of the pies she used to make, which brought back a lot of nostalgia, and twinge of regret. It's the first time I've ever felt something like that.

----

I like to think of myself as a decent cook, but I lack the creativity, skill, and gadgetry of many of you. My wife and I cooked our first full Thanksgiving spread for our parents and her grandpa today. Everything turned out well.

ptlyon 11-23-2017 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13234804)
Do you all have dishes that remind you of family members.

99% of ours is made almost the exact same way as grandmas. Turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, dressing. Down to the pickled watermelon rind that I think only my sister and I eat.

Only thing missing was grandma's home made rolls, we can't duplicate those.

Frazod 11-23-2017 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13234804)
Do you all have dishes that remind you of family members. My grandma was an excellent cook and one of my favorite things she used to make was an English cream pie. I had a piece after dinner and had to walk over to a separate room while eating, because the taste reminded me of the pies she used to make, which brought back a lot of nostalgia, and twinge of regret. It's the first time I've ever felt something like that.

----

I like to think of myself as a decent cook, but I lack the creativity, skill, and gadgetry of many of you. My wife and I cooked our first full Thanksgiving spread for our parents and her grandpa today. Everything turned out well.

We had the main parts of the meal catered this year, as this was the first major holiday since my mother-in-law passed away. It was okay, but I think I can do better, so I volunteered to host next year. There will only be four or five people total, depending on whether my brother-in-law brings a date (or his ex-wife, which happened today), so it shouldn't be a big deal. I'm the only one left who can cook worth a shit. But if that ends up happening, I'll definitely introduce some old time country dishes to the mix.

BryanBusby 11-23-2017 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 13234743)
I've got good news and bad news.. The good news is the turkey I smoked on the electric Brinkmann bullet was superb. The bad news is the Brinkmann is no more... The bottom was rusting out, and today the element broke.

I hope it gets a proper burial

RIP

ping2000 11-24-2017 05:35 AM

My turkey was better than your turkey. I'm sorry, it just was. [emoji16]

scho63 11-24-2017 08:14 AM

I changed my mind at the last minute and decided to continue to sacrifice for my improved health and stayed home, went to the community gym and laid out at the pool for three hours.

Only miss a good left over turkey sandwich....

Jerm 11-24-2017 08:19 AM

Smoked a turkey for the first time for yesterday, was weary of how it would turn out but it was delicious...thought deep frying was the pinnacle of turkey, that's now changed.

Pablo 11-24-2017 08:34 AM

We had a deep fried turkey and a traditional roast turkey yesterday. Only ate the deep fried turkey and it was great.

I was disappointed that the wife's aunt didn't make her candied yam casserole. I love that shit, but other than that everything was good.

Had apple crisp for dessert as that was our contribution and I'd already had pie at the first Thanksgiving I'd went to that day.

Titty Meat 11-24-2017 07:42 PM

Did anyone eat any pussy last night?

eDave 11-24-2017 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter Libby (Post 13235689)

Not I. :(

Why Not? 11-24-2017 08:19 PM

Quote:

And chase the taste of homemade apple pie away? Pass.

GloryDayz 11-24-2017 10:34 PM

Quote:

Not me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk