ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV IT remake 2017 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300848)

sully1983 09-10-2017 11:53 AM

holy crap , did any of you see how much this made opening weekend??! 117 million dollars. Shattering expectations and the word of mouth should be pretty good too. Looking forward to Chapter Two in 2019

Chiefnj2 09-10-2017 02:24 PM

You can search around the net and find the original script.

A few big differences. The main one being the original focused more on the town of Derry basically making it a character and showing the violent past that was in the book. Mike also hD a much more prominent role. Dialogue was much worse In the original.

jaa1025 09-10-2017 02:56 PM

Amazing movie. I hadn't watched the original IT since it came out so I didn't remember much nor have I read the book.

rydogg58 09-10-2017 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 13072284)
holy crap , did any of you see how much this made opening weekend??! 117 million dollars. Shattering expectations and the word of mouth should be pretty good too. Looking forward to Chapter Two in 2019

I can believe it. Took my daughter to go watch it this weekend and every show was sold out. We ended up watching the new Spiderman movie which was pretty good itself.

mikeyis4dcats. 09-11-2017 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13071662)
Just left the movies. The trailer is a lot scarier than the movie. Movie wasn't scary at all really. Just a few jump scares here and there. Was basically a feature length episode of Stranger Things.

But it was a good movie overall. Kids were funny and the suspense was good enough to keep the movie going. Did feel a tad too long though.
Posted via Mobile Device

this. I enjoyed it more than previous efforts, but it could have been more...

Fansy the Famous Bard 09-11-2017 09:30 AM

Finn Wolfhard, Sophia Lillis, Jack Dylan, and Jeremy Ray Taylor were awesome in this. They made the movie what it was.

vailpass 09-11-2017 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 13074259)
Finn Wolfhard, Sophia Lillis, Jack Dylan, and Jeremy Ray Taylor were awesome in this. They made the movie what it was.

As if 99.9% of the populace knows who the hell they are. I'm guessing the girl name is the redhead chick.

I took my 13 year old son and his friend last night. We enjoyed it. Not real scary, not real deep, but an enjoyable watch.
They could have made the thing PG13 if they cut back on all of the superfluous F bombs.

Molitoth 09-11-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13074403)
As if 99.9% of the populace knows who the hell they are. I'm guessing the girl name is the redhead chick.

I took my 13 year old son and his friend last night. We enjoyed it. Not real scary, not real deep, but an enjoyable watch.
They could have made the thing PG13 if they cut back on all of the superfluous F bombs.

I agree, and broadened the audience.
A couple f-bombs here and there... fine... but too many unnecessary instances made this script.

I suppose we live in an era where F-bombs being dropped as common filler in kids sentence formation is the norm, but I still can't help thinking it sounds super trashy and reflects on a tad of ill parenting.

Chiefnj2 09-11-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13074447)
but I still can't help thinking it sounds super trashy and reflects on a tad of ill parenting.

Did you notice the parents of the kids in the movie?

Molitoth 09-11-2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13074456)
Did you notice the parents of the kids in the movie?

Point taken. :clap:

Rausch 09-11-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13071662)
Just left the movies. The trailer is a lot scarier than the movie. Movie wasn't scary at all really. Just a few jump scares here and there.

This is what worried me.

King isn't about jump scares - he's all about the slow build. Making you think about the room, make the decision on going in the room or not, and then explaining it as you enter the room.

It's not about being scared watching it - it's about conquering childhood fears...

RobBlake 09-11-2017 12:22 PM

It's a thriller with great story telling. 8.3/10

Molitoth 09-11-2017 12:23 PM

We are adults, numbed by everything that has already been done. Very rarely (if ever) is a movie going to "scare" adults anymore...

I'm pretty sure this movie was "scary" for kids though. When I saw the original mini series on TV, it scared the shit out of me as my parents probably laughed through it. Tim Curry's version was pretty damn funny and playful. The new Pennywise is evil.

I've seen some people on facebook (land of idiots) say "It wasn't scary... the movie sucked."
-lol

Rausch 09-11-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13074530)
I've seen some people on facebook (land of idiots) say "It wasn't scary... the movie sucked."
-lol

Most people I've talked to said the same...

Dartgod 09-11-2017 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13074530)
We are adults, numbed by everything that has already been done. Very rarely (if ever) is a movie going to "scare" adults anymore...

I'm pretty sure this movie was "scary" for kids though. When I saw the original mini series on TV, it scared the shit out of me as my parents probably laughed through it. Tim Curry's version was pretty damn funny and playful. The new Pennywise is evil.

-lol

It wasn't scary other than a couple of jump scares. But it was creepy as **** in a few places. I liked it. I liked it a lot. Can't wait for part two.