ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The Official NEW (new)^3 conference realignment & shit talk thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285386)

Pasta Little Brioni 08-09-2014 04:33 PM

Pray tell...what is KUs margin of defeat in a shit conference the last 3 years. The SEC East is superior to that turd of a league.

Eleazar 08-09-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10805885)
Everyone knows that Mizzou struggled two years ago with injuries. Most of the line was down. The QB was down. We know it was tough and we lost. Last year, though, things looked much better. Perhaps instead of aggregating the data, you should look at them by year and see if there was improvement.

As "not competitive" as Missouri was last year in advancing to the conference championship game in the best conference in college football, one fact really jumps out at a person in this debate with Beaker fans.

Kansas will never have the opportunity to play in the SEC. They will never play the schedule we play. They'll never advance to the conference championship game in a conference of that quality - hell, they never even played in the conference championship game of their conference of lower quality.

Missouri showed last year that while the program has a lot of work to do in its quest to become a national power, they belong in the SEC and can compete with those teams. Kansas will never be able to say that. Missouri has all the time in the world to eclipse everything Kansas football has ever done, which is to win one prestigious bowl game in what, 40 years? We'll often have another realistic opportunity to do that with each new season, but they will never do what we did last season, to be 1 or 2 quarters away from a national championship game appearance.

The gulf between the state of the programs today is wide and will only get wider in the new post-realignment world.

Prison Bitch 08-09-2014 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10805885)
Everyone knows that Mizzou struggled two years ago with injuries. Most of the line was down. The QB was down. We know it was tough and we lost. Last year, though, things looked much better. Perhaps instead of aggregating the data, you should look at them by year and see if there was improvement.

Oh. So you want me to be like you and forget the first year (the "mulligan") and only focus on the second. Like Jack Harry. Seems like a reasonable way to analyze this topic. You just set the ground rules of what we can discuss and I'll follow your directions.

And if Mizzou sucks this year, we'll "mulligan" that one too.

Prison Bitch 08-09-2014 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10805984)
Kansas will never have the opportunity to play in the SEC. They will never play the schedule we play. .

MU's schedule was #24 and Kansas was #28 last year, so I have no idea what you're talking about.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

"But but but you didn't win those games" - I'm sure that'll be the re-direct here to the schedule question.

Bowser 08-09-2014 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10805995)
Oh. So you want me to be like you and forget the first year (the "mulligan") and only focus on the second. Like Jack Harry. Seems like a reasonable way to analyze this topic. You just set the ground rules of what we can discuss and I'll follow your directions.

Even if we tank this year, we'll still be better than Kansas.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-09-2014 05:02 PM

Yup pretty much a final four season last year. Let's raise a banner

Eleazar 08-09-2014 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10806003)
MU's schedule was #24 and Kansas was #28 last year, so I have no idea what you're talking about.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

"But but but you didn't win those games" - I'm sure that'll be the re-direct here to the schedule question.

I'm talking more about the next few decades, but yeah. I'm sure every schedule looks tough when you are KU football.

Bowser 08-09-2014 05:06 PM

LOL at Prison Bitch's desperate attempts to devalue Mizzou football. He's got nothing, and has fallen so far as to play the Jack Harry trump card. Sad, yet amusing.

Prison Bitch 08-09-2014 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10806017)
I'm talking more about the next few decades, but yeah. I'm sure every schedule looks tough when you are KU football.

2012 SOS: Mizzou #1, Kansas #3
2013 SOS: Mizzou #24, Kansas #28

Nice faceplant there, Cochise. Oh, but you meant from now on. LMAO

Bowser 08-09-2014 05:09 PM

Oh, shit, he's pulling Sagarin out now.

http://ih2.redbubble.net/image.11907...er,375x360.png

Pasta Little Brioni 08-09-2014 05:09 PM

Of course losing every game makes your opponents record appear tougher too. Free win. ROFL

KChiefs1 08-09-2014 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10805202)
The SEC doesn't play tough games every week like the Big12(minus Kansas). It's easy to get free wins. Hell the same thing used to happen to Iowa State... We'd get more wins every other year when we didn't have to play Texas or Oklahoma.

SEC and B1G are set up to make teams look better than they are. You see who the true good teams are in the Big12 now as we play everyone every year. And it makes us look worse because it's 9 good teams beating up on each other(last year 8 since ISU was young and hurt, had a down year).

Ask Texas about Ole Miss.

KChiefs1 08-09-2014 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 10805750)
The KU fans in this thread sure spend an awful lot of time posting Mizzou videos, visiting Mizzou fanboards, and researching Mizzou schedules and stats . . . . kind of makes you wonder?

The obsession is actually a bit flattering. Of course, they don't care about Mizzou . . . .

KU fans don't care about Mizzou.

KChiefs1 08-09-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 10804990)
Those 2 idiots should stop posting out of sheer embarrassment. Sec and the posters here continue to clown them. 91 million wowzers.

SEC Network = biggest fail in history

Pitt Gorilla 08-09-2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10805995)

either you're purposefully misunderstanding what I write or are much dumber than I thought.