ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 104.3 the Fan here in Denver reporting (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200488)

Frankie 01-17-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5398435)
Yea, I am sure Shanny really thinks his 2 rings are tarnished... ROFL

I don't care what he thinks. I care what I think.

Frankie 01-17-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 5399320)
I think there are some positives that Shannahan would bring, but I just can't wrap my mind around the idea of the rat in KC.

I've said it before. The only positive is that he will REALLY prepare to beat Denver and Oakland every year. That's 4 important games a year to try to win.

Agent V 01-17-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 5399401)
I've said it before. The only positive is that he will REALLY prepare to beat Denver and Oakland every year. That's 4 important games a year to try to win.

I'm sure he'll try equally hard to win every game.

milkman 01-17-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief103182 (Post 5399408)
I'm sure he'll try equally hard to win every game.

Agreed.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-17-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 5399320)
I think there are some positives that Shannahan would bring, but I just can't wrap my mind around the idea of the rat in KC.

The fact is, I still don't believe in retreads that have won SBs elsewhere.
They seem to do well with the next team, but they never quite achieve the same kind of success that they enjoyed with thier SB teams.

Yep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 5399401)

Hiring the Rat just to watch Donko fans squirm when the Chiefs play them is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.
Go to the Minge and see how many people are truly upset about his firing.
It's close statistic-wise to the number of Chiefs fans that want to keep Herm.

Keep the Rat's Epic Stale the hell away from my team.

RedThat 01-17-2009 01:47 PM

I know a lot of people don't like him, but I think Shanahan would be great.

Give him a good gm to work with and outstanding ppl in the pro player personnel dept and I'll bet he'll easily be one of the best coaches in the league.

Given the fact we have Pioli, Im welcomed to having Shanahan as HC.

MahiMike 01-17-2009 01:57 PM

Bring him in! Especially if Spagnuolo is gone now. Blessing in disguise IMO.

Mile High Mania 01-17-2009 02:07 PM

I'd be shocked ... you guys just brought on Pioli, and that likely isn't appealing to Shanny. And, on the flipside of that... Shanny wants more control and power than your normal HC, and Pioli just left that type of situation in NE.

The Cowboys are going to lose Garrett as OC... they fired their DC and their ST coach... Wade is sitting there thinking "Hmmmm, what's up Jerry". I don't know if they'll pull that trigger, but Shanahan in Dallas would make sense. Granted, you have Jerry not wanting to give up control, but stranger things have happened.

I think Mike sits out a year, unless something wild happens in Dallas.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-17-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 5399622)
I'd be shocked ... you guys just brought on Pioli, and that likely isn't appealing to Shanny. And, on the flipside of that... Shanny wants more control and power than your normal HC, and Pioli just left that type of situation in NE.

The Cowboys are going to lose Garrett as OC... they fired their DC and their ST coach... Wade is sitting there thinking "Hmmmm, what's up Jerry". I don't know if they'll pull that trigger, but Shanahan in Dallas would make sense. Granted, you have Jerry not wanting to give up control, but stranger things have happened.

I think Mike sits out a year, unless something wild happens in Dallas.

Yes! This! To the Cowgirls with him!

Brock 01-17-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 5399622)

I don't know that Shanahan really wants all that much power anymore. I think he probably just wants to coach and to win some more championships.

Mile High Mania 01-17-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 5399627)
I don't know that Shanahan really wants all that much power anymore. I think he probably just wants to coach and to win some more championships.

Well, looking at the last few years... what makes you think this is what he wants to do now?

Brock 01-17-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 5399683)
Well, looking at the last few years... what makes you think this is what he wants to do now?

Because look where all that power got him.

Mile High Mania 01-17-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 5399688)
Because look where all that power got him.

Ok, but I just don't see that changing much. I think it would have to be the right scenario and I think that would be a team like Dallas more than KC. It will be interesting to see what happens.

bowener 01-17-2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 5397737)
that Pioli is in negotioans with Mike Shanahan

For OC or HC?

melbar 01-17-2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBull (Post 5399575)
I know a lot of people don't like him, but I think Shanahan would be great.

Give him a good gm to work with and outstanding ppl in the pro player personnel dept and I'll bet he'll easily be one of the best coaches in the league.

Given the fact we have Pioli, Im welcomed to having Shanahan as HC.

I'm sorry, was he not in a good situation in Denver? Did I miss something? Good players good front office, good owner...

no championship since Elway left.