ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs And so the "Matt Cassel to KC" Rumors Begin... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=201588)

kstater 02-02-2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 5451759)
Those are good points. If you look at the leaders in dropped balls though you'll see most of them are elite WR's. I think Haley will be our next coach and Bowe will improve. He's only played 2 seasons and has already set team records.

What records has Bowe set?

MVChiefFan 02-02-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 5451905)

Surpassed Sammie Parker for most dropped passes.

Rausch 02-02-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 5451912)
Surpassed Sammie Parker for most dropped passes.

Parker or Willie Davis?...:hmmm:

jAZ 02-02-2009 04:04 PM

In Scott I trust.

I'm skeptical of Stafford, always have been. That this guy is suggesting that NEITHER QB is going in the top 10 makes me concerned.

ChiefRon 02-02-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 5451914)
In Scott I trust.

I'm skeptical of Stafford, always have been. That this guy is suggesting that NEITHER QB is going in the top 10 makes me concerned.

I've heard a few guys say that on Sirius, that none of these QBs are worth a top 10 pick, even Gil Brandt the other day as well as Pat Kirwan. Kirwan even followed that up with, "in fact, if you're looking for a QB, Matt Cassel sure does look good when you're staring at this draft class"...

Rausch 02-02-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRon (Post 5451969)
I've heard a few guys say that on Sirius, that none of these QBs are worth a top 10 pick, even Gil Brandt the other day as well as Pat Kirwan. Kirwan even followed that up with, "in fact, if you're looking for a QB, Matt Cassel sure does look good when you're staring at this draft class"...

And this about a guy none of those douches would have thought was worth a draft pick his rookie year...

SAUTO 02-02-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 5451905)

most receiving yards as a rookie? maybe the most in his first 2 years

SAUTO 02-02-2009 04:26 PM

[QUOTE=pestilenceaf23;5451743]Gonzo has maybe 1-2 years left.....IF he doesn't get traded.

Bowe is a good receiver who drops WAYYYYY too many balls.[/QUOTE]

look at TG's first and second years

eazyb81 02-02-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRon (Post 5451969)

That is such an absurd statement on it's face.

Matt Cassel sure does look good when staring at Stafford and Sanchez?

Why? Because he's older, sat for a few years to learn a system, and performed admirably in an offense loaded with great players?

Matt Cassel couldn't beat out Stafford or Sanchez if all three were in college at the same time, so the only reason he would look better than either now is because he's older and has actually played in the NFL.

I think it's nuts to think Cassel is so far above Stafford/Sanchez, yet he would ride the pine behind both in college. You can't discount the two QBs simply because they haven't had the chance to play pro ball yet.

If Cassel excelled in the NFL, then there's absolutely no reason to think Stafford or Sanchez wouldn't do as well or better in a similar system.

BWillie 02-02-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 5451999)

Why? Because he's older, sat for a few years to learn a system, and performed admirably in an offense loaded with great players?

Matt Cassel couldn't beat out Stafford or Sanchez if all three were in college at the same time, so the only reason he would look better than either now is because he's older and has actually played in the NFL.

I think it's nuts to think Cassel is so far above Stafford/Sanchez, yet he would ride the pine behind both in college. You can't discount the two QBs simply because they haven't had the chance to play pro ball yet.

If Cassel excelled in the NFL, then there's absolutely no reason to think Stafford or Sanchez wouldn't do as well or better in a similar system.

And I wish I had enough time to list out all the first round QB draft pick bursts. Nobody knows for sure if Stafford or Sanchez will succeed, but what they do know is Matt Cassel was for the most part a successful starting QB for one year.

kstater 02-02-2009 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 5451976)
most receiving yards as a rookie? maybe the most in his first 2 years

Oh, I thought it was something important.

ChiefRon 02-02-2009 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 5451999)

It raised my eyebrow when I heard it. I respect both of them, they seem like they really know talent evaluation, but these statements through me off.

I'm thinking it's because of 'known commodity' vs. 'potential'. Haven't had time to call in to get him to clarify. I would think if you're a young team building for the long term, the 'potential' would be more important than NFL experience/known commodity.

SAUTO 02-02-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 5452014)
Oh, I thought it was something important.

NOPE not yet at least

eazyb81 02-02-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 5452008)
And I wish I had enough time to list out all the first round QB draft pick bursts. Nobody knows for sure if Stafford or Sanchez will succeed, but what they do know is Matt Cassel was for the most part a successful starting QB for one year.

And what we also know is that Stafford and Sanchez have loads more talent than Cassel has or ever had, so there's really no reason to think they couldn't do what Cassel did if they were in a similar situation.

BWillie 02-02-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 5452033)
And what we also know is that Stafford and Sanchez have loads more talent than Cassel has or ever had, so there's really no reason to think they couldn't do what Cassel did if they were in a similar situation.

Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell have alot of talent. You cannot predict with a amazing degree of certainty how Stafford and Sanchez will perform in the league. IMO, I think Stafford and Sanchez will both be better QB's than Cassel...but I wouldn't be surprised to see either one of them fall flat on their face either.