ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Here’s why you don’t start Mahomes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311659)

wazu 11-20-2017 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13228567)
Typed as if you think the 31 other teams haven't watched the guy for a decade... everyone knows what he is and while he has value, you're not receiving a king's ransom for him.

As long as Alex is off our team I promise to be thrilled with the return.

Couch-Potato 11-22-2017 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 13228360)
Here's why you don't make the change to Mahomes... Alex has an easy schedule ahead of him as noted, we need him to appear as if he's a quality starting QB in the league. Why on earth would we want to sit him if we're offering him up as trade bate this offseason? If you want to try and squeeze a 2nd out of one of the 5 or so teams desperate for a QB this offseason than you gotta let him play the season through.

Let's be clear, I'm not suggesting the above because it would be good for the team this season or because I'm a crazy Alex fanatic. I've thrown in the towel already regarding any big win out of this team in the postseason this year. I'm thinking about who we might be able to snag in the draft for Mahomes if we had an extra 2nd this offseason. Yes, the other team's in the league have watched Alex for years and know what he is. Consider that though for a second, plenty of teams want a consistent QB. Someone to hold the fort down until you find a QOTF, IE our Chiefs when shopping for a QB several years back.

Teams that are looking for a QB this offseason:

Browns
Bills
Broncos
Jaguars
Jets

Teams that are potentially looking fora QB this offseason:

Dolphins
Giants
Redskins
Cardinals
Saints
Vikings
Chargers
Bengals

Only going to be 2-3 quality QBs in the draft, Cousins will be available but who else? That makes A Smith about the 4th best option available now that Garoppolo is out of the picture. Too many teams looking not to get at least a 3rd for him in my opinion.

fan4ever 11-22-2017 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 13227266)
Yep, Pittsburgh?

Tradition says go with Smith. We have lived with tradition long enough.

Reid is a monster after the bye week too.

DaneMcCloud 11-22-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fan4ever (Post 13232850)
Reid is a monster after the bye week too.

Yeah, that's a narrative that needs to die a quick death

The Franchise 11-22-2017 11:52 AM

Smith all but killed his trade value against the Giants. We're going to end up having to cut his ass this offseason.

wazu 11-22-2017 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13232852)

The one I’d rather see gone is: “Smith is the win NOW option.”

In58men 11-22-2017 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 13232861)
The one I’d rather see gone is: “Smith is the win NOW option.”

He needs more weapons

Marcellus 11-22-2017 11:55 AM

Just when I think Inmen's football takes couldn't get any worse.....

What part of there is nothing to lose in playing Mahomes is hard for some people to understand.

The Giants game was a defensive mirage against a shitty offense. We don't have a lock down defense, our pass rush and secondary are shit, we have to score points to win.

Smith does not = points.

Marcellus 11-22-2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13232852)

16-3 is an insane record and if Smith had played even 10% better than he did the record would be 17-2.

Its not a myth.

bigjosh 11-22-2017 11:58 AM

I give zero ****s about recouping draft picks from smith.

I dont care if we get a third, a seventh, or nothing for smith.

Patrick having 5 or 6 games playing experience getting his feet wet heading into next year will be much more valuable for this franchise than a 3rd round pick that smith may net.

In58men 11-22-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh (Post 13232874)

Patrick having 5 or 6 games playing experience getting his feet wet heading into next year will be much more valuable for this franchise than a 3rd round pick that smith may net.

Because 5 to 6 games will make or break his career. It's such a HUUUUUUGEEE deal, right? ROFL

You're the definition of mediocre if you don't care what we get for Smith. I'll ****ing take anything, every bit can help.

Marcellus 11-22-2017 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13232882)
Because 5 to 6 games will make or break his career. It's such a HUUUUUUGEEE deal, right? ROFL

You're the definition of mediocre if you don't care what we get for Smith. I'll ****ing take anything, every bit can help.

Do you not realize caring anything about Alex Smith at this point is the definition of accepting mediocrity?

You are still focused on the wrong things. Dumbass.

PAChiefsGuy 11-22-2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh (Post 13232874)

That's because you are an idiot.

Discuss Thrower 11-22-2017 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13232864)
He needs more weapons

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/1234443297...rk_suicide.gif

bigjosh 11-22-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13232882)

No, because 5 or 6 games could get him to the point that this team is ready to rock NEXT year, instead of next year being his first meaningful snaps. Learning curve now, ready in 18.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13233005)
That's because you are an idiot.

Negged again just because you are a pussy.