ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs It’s Patrick Mahomes Week, baby. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312603)

NJChiefsFan 12-27-2017 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13310201)
In a preseason game it's usually 2nd string vs. 2nd string, 3rd vs. 3rd, etc.

This won't - if Mahomes starts it will be KC 2nd stringers vs. Den 1st stringers.

We do Mahomes no favors by having him play Denver's 1st string D, on the road, playing with our 2nd/3rd string.

My only concern is the offensive line. I am not sitting Mahomes because of 2nd string WRs. This is a spot where the coaches really know better than the fans when it comes to the value of the experience vs. the risk.

stevieray 12-27-2017 09:17 AM

Quote:

This won't - if Mahomes starts it will be KC 2nd stringers vs. Den 1st stringers.

We do Mahomes no favors by having him play Denver's 1st string D, on the road, playing with our 2nd/3rd string.

I also DO NOT trust the Donx to intentionaly not hurt him with a cheap shot.

Rausch 12-27-2017 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13310208)
My only concern is the offensive line. I am not sitting Mahomes because of 2nd string WRs. This is a spot where the coaches really know better than the fans when it comes to the value of the experience vs. the risk.

I would actually like guys like Wilson and Robinson to get the PT and experience with Mahomes.

Like you I hate resting the O line if Mahomes is in. I'd love to rest the O line (which is always banged up this late in the year) but not if our QBOTF is in there...

Rausch 12-27-2017 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 13310211)

You think the dirtiest team in the league would take a cheap shot?...

stevieray 12-27-2017 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13310213)
You think the dirtiest team in the league would take a cheap shot?...

I wouldn't trust that team to lift the lid before pissing.

OKchiefs 12-27-2017 09:22 AM

Quote:

As has been mentioned before several times, we don't have enough players on the roster to play all backups on the OL.

OKchiefs 12-27-2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 13310211)

So should we sit him in the two games next year against Denver, for fear of injury?

Coogs 12-27-2017 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 13310206)
Live snap? Dude has played football all his life. Playing one game and then going to the offseason isn't realistic. They have next year to concentrate on his ongoing development.

Listen, I am excited as you are, but you're going have to be patient.

I'm talking about next week, two weeks from now, three weeks from now, and maybe five weeks from now. If Smith goes down... and he has taken some shots... wouldn't hurt to have a backup who has actually taken some live snaps in the NFL.

stevieray 12-27-2017 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 13310223)
I'm talking about next week, two weeks from now, three weeks from now, and maybe five weeks from now. If Smith goes down... and he has taken some shots... wouldn't hurt to have a backup who has actually taken some live snaps in the NFL.

Stop talking about injuries, it is like you are hoping for it to happen.

Rausch 12-27-2017 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 13310219)
As has been mentioned before several times, we don't have enough players on the roster to play all backups on the OL.

Our line isn't exactly dominant when the starters are in. And I can't say we have much for depth at either tackle position. I would be less worried if we wanted to rest a G or C if we have healthy depth...

Rausch 12-27-2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 13310220)
So should we sit him in the two games next year against Denver, for fear of injury?

We should play him all 16 games next year...

stevieray 12-27-2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 13310220)

Don't be a dumbass

Coogs 12-27-2017 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 13310229)
Stop talking about injuries, it is like you are hoping for it to happen.

That's not me. That's some other posters.

Marcellus 12-27-2017 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 13310196)
The reward FAR outweighs the risk. Nothing can prepare him for NFL speed, let him go out into low pressure game and take some lumps. He’s not a faberge egg injuries happen, he needs to play.

Bingo.

People act like the kid is so far behind in development he has been the #3 all season.

Umm no that's been Bray, because apparently Mahomes in his first season is ahead of Bray in his 5th.

The staff thinks the kid is good enough that if Smith had been hurt in a game he would be the backup and finish it. Bray being inactive all season tells you a lot. They weren't worried about the kid getting hurt all regular season if he had to play or Bray would have been active on game days.

Not enough :facepalm: in existence for the kind of stupidity in this thread. The kid needs to play.

Rausch 12-27-2017 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13310255)
Bingo.

People act like the kid is so far behind in development he has been the #3 all season.

Umm no that's been Bray, because apparently Mahomes in his first season is ahead of Bray in his 5th.

No, people act like it's dumb to risk the future of the franchise (and 2PM better be starting game 1 next year) in a meaningless game...