ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Must Watch Series (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258883)

mr. tegu 03-22-2023 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 16869304)
Severance on Apple TV is weird and great show.

I read the first word and immediately got excited hoping news of season 2 would fill out the rest of your post. And yes it’s awesome, immediately one of my favorites of the last 10 years if not more.

KCUnited 03-22-2023 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16868796)
I posted about Perry Mason when Season 1 went on.

I enjoyed it a LOT. I really did. It took some heat (maybe rightfully so, IDK) that it wasn't very true to the original story. I'm not much of a Mason fan otherwise, so it didn't really bother me, but I was really into the story.

Season 2 is running right now and I'm all about it.

Perry Mason is my dad’s favorite show. MFer was always on when I was a kid.

He doesn’t have HBO so hadn’t seen their version but is out here visiting so we’re literally watching it right now.

I figured he’d hate it because a) he’s old and a curmudgeon and b) a Perry Mason purist.

He’s loving it. He won’t say he’s loving it, just like the food I cook for him, but I can tell.

It’s my 2nd time through season one and I’m appreciating it even more.

HemiEd 03-23-2023 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 16868683)
I'm kind of curious to watch. He was so good in "The Americans".

I agree, think Mathew Rhys is a special talent. I enjoy Shea Whigham as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16868796)
I posted about Perry Mason when Season 1 went on.

I enjoyed it a LOT. I really did. It took some heat (maybe rightfully so, IDK) that it wasn't very true to the original story. I'm not much of a Mason fan otherwise, so it didn't really bother me, but I was really into the story.

Season 2 is running right now and I'm all about it.

I guess my search skills are lacking. :D I found nothing when I attempted it. I like this story line better than the original.

Buehler445 03-23-2023 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 16870743)
I agree, think Mathew Rhys is a special talent. I enjoy Shea Whigham as well.

I guess my search skills are lacking. :D I found nothing when I attempted it. I like this story line better than the original.

The Discussion starts around post 1013.

Not sure how much time you want to spend on it, but it's out there.

kcpasco 03-23-2023 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 16869383)
Enjoy! It really sticks the landing hard by the time Season 1 finishes.

I just finished it. That season finale is up their with all time greats.

BEAVER 03-23-2023 11:26 AM

Full Swing on Netflix is a good watch - as long as you are a degenerate golfer. It covers last season and the whole LIV vs. PGA thing. Interesting.

BigRichard 03-23-2023 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 16860176)
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...ght=The+Strain

I liked it, probably a better binge that an episode a week series

We got through the first season and was a little underwhelmed by it. We started the second season and I think we have decided to stop watching it.

Buehler445 03-23-2023 12:24 PM

I watched the Consultant on Amazon.

I think I'm not smart enough to catch what it was getting at. Some of it was pretty decent. Some of it was cringe. At the very least it kept me engaged.

Overall, it was pretty underwhelming, but there are some good performances.

Holladay 03-24-2023 02:56 PM

Night Agent on netflix is a great adventure/mystery stream. I would highly recommend it.

HemiEd 03-25-2023 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 16870312)
Oh my word, the Succession season 4 reviews are dropping and so are my pants:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/succession/s04

I have been rewatching season three in preperation, as season four is supposed to come out tomorrow. :D

Buehler445 03-25-2023 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 16875190)
I have been rewatching season three in preperation, as season four is supposed to come out tomorrow. :D

I should have done this. Damn me for having work to do.

BigBeauford 03-25-2023 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 16875190)

We did the same about a month ago (watched the whole series actually). It's better than I remembered it.

HemiEd 03-25-2023 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16875211)
I should have done this. Damn me for having work to do.

No excuse! :p

After 4 1/2 inches of rain in 15 hours Thursday night, I spent 5 hours this morning raking, shoveling and relocating the gravel in my 300ft driveway and still got through episode 9 this afternoon. :D

I have never seen a downpour like that, it was overshooting the gutters and we live on the side of a hill. :bolt:

HemiEd 03-25-2023 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 16875278)
We did the same about a month ago (watched the whole series actually). It's better than I remembered it.

Yeah, it had been so long since I watched the series it took most of season 3 for me to put things back into perspective.

Great series!

HemiEd 03-25-2023 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16871624)
I watched the Consultant on Amazon.

I think I'm not smart enough to catch what it was getting at. Some of it was pretty decent. Some of it was cringe. At the very least it kept me engaged.

Overall, it was pretty underwhelming, but there are some good performances.

My Mrs. just finished that and is still shaking her head, saying it makes very little sense and was very strange. :thumb: