ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport is a ****ing zoo-jam packed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=349462)

Bearcat 03-03-2024 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 17426158)
I can see how flying a lot can be exhausting.
Had a friend that flew every Mon to chicago, stayed the week, came home Fri. ugh.

Other than that----people. Anxious people.
you are zone 5-get the **** out of the way for those of us that are zone one. Watched a couple stand up, block everyone, the whole plane filled up, they were almost the last to board. What did they gain?

Never have had a nutcase go crazy-it is just a matter of time.

I flew a decent amount for a few years, but had optional flights home every 2 weeks domestically and every month internationally... rarely used them within the US and never used them when I flew overseas.

Some did what you describe, fly out Sunday night and back every Friday. Idiots don't really stress me out for more than the few seconds it takes to shove through a crowd or wait 5 days for someone to get off the plane, but I'd just think it's a colossal waste of time flying so much for work.... and while I've rarely had to deal with delays and so forth, obviously the more you fly, the more you're going to deal with bad weather and other delays, short or missed layovers, etc.

It's definitely a practice in patience though and I'm more laid back about the stupid shit people do now.

scho63 03-03-2024 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17426302)
It's definitely a practice in patience though and I'm more laid back about the stupid shit people do now.

:thumb:

This is the Holy Grail of traveling but it's easier said than done at times........

Jewish Rabbi 03-03-2024 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 17426183)
The fog has lifted and I can see out my hotel window.

Here is where the Chiefs will be playing on Feb 9, 2025. :D

We just had a false alarm fire drill and I had to walk down 17 floors. :eek:

How was ur hooker this morning

scho63 03-03-2024 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 17426767)
How was ur hooker this morning

Your girlfriend gave great head and only $50.

I can see why you keep her around.

Jewish Rabbi 03-03-2024 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 17426781)
Your girlfriend gave great head and only $50.

I can see why you keep her around.

She wasn’t in New Orleans

scho63 03-04-2024 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 17426800)
She wasn’t in New Orleans

That's what you think..........ROFL

scho63 03-09-2024 05:32 PM

Today I am witnessing the most ****ed up and over crowded airport situation in my life: Charlotte Airport is out of control. Cancelled flights and delays all over, all the clubs closed due to overcrowding, around 250 people in each airline service counter, no seats, thousands of people standing, hard to walk anywhere without bumping into someone, people arguing, so many people on spring break with kids and tons of shit like stollers, toys and other crap all over.

What a complete disaster.

I need more alcohol.

Why Not? 03-09-2024 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 17434003)
Today I am witnessing the most ****ed up and over crowded airport situation in my life: Charlotte Airport is out of control. Cancelled flights and delays all over, all the clubs closed due to overcrowding, around 250 people in each airline service counter, no seats, thousands of people standing, hard to walk anywhere without bumping into someone, people arguing, so many people on spring break with kids and tons of shit like stollers, toys and other crap all over.

I need more alcohol.

Today was a total travel shit show. East coast and Florida weather ****ing everyone. We flew out of KC early and still sat on the runway in Chicago for 2 hours before finally getting to Miami. My buddy and his family had a flight out 40 minutes after us…..flight got cancelled. He may have to charter a private jet to get here in time to join us on the cruise we are going on. Other buddy got delayed out of Sky Harbor for 8 hours…..with his 2 year old. Just a nightmare. Cruise ship gonna sink tomorrow with our luck so far.

displacedinMN 03-09-2024 08:22 PM

Welcome to spring break and basketball tourney travel

RealSNR 03-09-2024 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17426255)
Nobody's telling you when to line up.

https://i.imgur.com/z17C03r.png

I've said this before, but I'll board with the last group, thank you very much.

Every minute I don't have to spend in a cramped tube is extremely valuable to me. Especially the minutes where fat people put their crotches next to your face while they play bag tetris in the overhead compartment.

Jewish Rabbi 03-09-2024 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 17434003)

I need more alcohol.

Taking a break from my normal hooker comments to verify that Charlotte is the worst airport in the country and I won’t be accepting counter arguments.

crispystl 03-09-2024 08:42 PM

I flew out of Sky Harbor to Charlotte on Thursday and made it by THIIIIIIISSSSS much.
When I landed in Charlotte it was the biggest shit show I've ever seen. Just unreal.

Chief Roundup 03-09-2024 10:14 PM

Flying will never be as good as it was pre-9/11.

scho63 03-09-2024 10:55 PM

Sitting on the runway at Sky Harbor cause we have no available gates to dock. Soooooooo close to getting home.

Thank God I was in business class for last two flights and had extra room. I never wanted to leave the terminal and get on the plane more than today in Charlotte. :doh!:

Rain Man 03-09-2024 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 17434195)
Taking a break from my normal hooker comments to verify that Charlotte is the worst airport in the country and I won’t be accepting counter arguments.

That can't be right. They have a barbecue restaurant there.