ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Pittbulls kill 2 year old and 5 month old (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=345487)

Discuss Thrower 10-10-2022 08:56 AM

Thoughts and prayers. Nothing can be done.

Mephistopheles Janx 10-10-2022 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razaele (Post 16516767)
Sure, many pits are dangerous but MINE isn't dangerous... Mine's a scaredy cat that wouldn't hurt a fly

Mine is 42lbs and is only 22% pitty. It is a logistics thing. He *literally* weighs as much as a 4 month old Pitty. While he wouldn't hurt a fly... he can barely jump high enough to bite the average person's knee much less maul anyone to death.

I say again... that cat would **** me up 10x worse than this particular pitty who cuddles with little baby chicks and protects them.

Quote:

This is a very familiar saying in threads where a dog did something "it's never done before" and tore apart somebody's kids
I'll ask you the same question I did Easy. Is it like the one-drop rule for you where *ANY* percentage of pitty makes the dog a murder monster?

RunKC 10-10-2022 09:01 AM

It’s the same risk as owning a Bear, tiger, lion or wolf as a pet.

They’re aggressive dangerous animals. You can’t ever think that they aren’t gonna have their nature come out at any time.

Just not worth it to me

Eleazar 10-10-2022 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 16516898)

They’re aggressive dangerous animals. You can’t ever think that they aren’t gonna have their nature come out at any time.

Just not worth it to me

They don’t even have to be aggressive day to day. Last year there was a woman in St Louis who was torn apart by a pair of them after a storm scared the dogs and they ran out of their yard, which had an invisible fence

Abba-Dabba 10-10-2022 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 16516871)
I’m still genuinely curious what the appeal of a pit bull is that you choose to get one over any of the other options out there less prone to violent aggression. And I mean appeal of the dog, not owners stubbornness or desire to say they have one of the good pit bulls.

Because it's not cool to have a breed of dog that can't kill your dog.

Then you have all the Darren's and Karen's of the pit world that come out of the woodwork when one of these shit breeds kills or maims someone about how their cuddly and cute fido that they just happened to name "didhebitecha" wouldn't ever harm a flea.

Pablo 10-10-2022 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razaele (Post 16516921)
They don’t even have to be aggressive day to day. Last year there was a woman in St Louis who was torn apart by a pair of them after a storm scared the dogs and they ran out of their yard, which had an invisible fence

The dogs feared for their lives. Were they not supposed to murder the first human they came across??

TinyEvel 10-10-2022 09:17 AM

This is why we only have a shih-tsu

RockChalk 10-10-2022 09:20 AM

Just checking in to see if BigDaddy has posted 10 narrative controlled articles about how pits are just misunderstood.

Mephistopheles Janx 10-10-2022 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 16516931)
This is why we only have a shih-tsu

My pitty mix may be related...

https://i.imgur.com/Vdhu9zo.jpg

PAChiefsGuy 10-10-2022 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 16516898)

Just not worth it to me

I'll agree that Pitbull isn't the right breed for a lot of ppl.

However, if you think owning a Pitbull is the same as owning a Bear, Tiger, Lion, or wolf as a pet I need to get some of that shit you smoking. Must be some good stuff.

MagicalFruit 10-10-2022 09:37 AM

Quote:

I’m still genuinely curious what the appeal of a pit bull is that you choose to get one over any of the other options out there less prone to violent aggression. And I mean appeal of the dog, not owners stubbornness or desire to say they have one of the good pit bulls.

As I read your first sentence I began immediately forming the answer in my head..which ended up being your second sentence. Other than that, I got nothing for you.

DJ's left nut 10-10-2022 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 16516581)
1. The person walking by has no knowledge of either the disposition of your dog or the presence of your invisible fence. Just rude at the very least. Maybe you live at the end of a long deserted street and no one ever walks by.

2. Would an invisible fence stop you from protecting your children from a threat? Pretend all you want, but an intent dog isn’t going to be stopped by an invisible fence.

It's my dog in his front yard. He's not wandering the neighborhood - he's in his front yard with the family while we play basketball or ride bikes or whatever.

If he accosts them or sits there growling/barking at them, that's a problem. And yes, that's what I've spent literally thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours training him to prevent. But if they are scared of a dog standing in a driveway, they can simply cross to the other side of the street.

It's a dog outside with its family. I'm not going to apologize for it.

seamonster 10-10-2022 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 16516979)

However, if you think owning a Pitbull is the same as owning a Bear, Tiger, Lion, or wolf as a pet I need to get some of that shit you smoking. Must be some good stuff.

Pitbulls were designed from breeds that were bred to kill bears for gambling and lol's.

Eleazar 10-10-2022 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 16516979)

Is there much of a difference to a child in the neighborhood or a jogger going by? A human can’t chase down a motivated pit bull and an invisible fence won’t contain one if the switch flips.

tooge 10-10-2022 09:57 AM

Quote:

I don't have a problem with pitt's, although I've never personally owned one ( just my roommates). We were looking to adopt a dog last year when my Swissy died. Looking on the shelter websites, and most of the dogs for adoption are pitts or pitt mixes. That might be why.